Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:32:07 PM EDT
My buddies and I went skeet shooting.  One guy was a novice and had my Browning 12g.   Its a Gold Hunter semi-auto with really beautiful wood.  Nice smooth trigger. The other guys shoot  first and its his turn. He comes to the line and when the first skeet comes out of the chute, he shoots several rounds into the little cinder block building that its housed in!  He must have got some pellets in the opening because the next few clays were broken.  Scared the living shit out of us!

He carried the shells and watched the rest of the day by his choice.  We were grateful.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My ex g/f
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Iraqis.
Whoops.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh...umm...sorry, wrong Forum
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What have you shot accidently?

Nothing....yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What have you shot accidently?

Nothing....yet.

knock on wood
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
When we were kids, around 10.  My buddy and I had our BB rifles in his basement.  He had just got his for Christmas and was really excited about shooting it.

We looked around his basement and he said lets use those boxes in the corner as a backstop.  We piled the boxes up, put up some targets and had a blast shooting them.

The next day he calls me to say he is dead meat.  The boxes had his moms china and crystal in them and most of them were fried. Oops!

I got away scott free!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
A cousin in the forehead with a BB gun.  I was aiming at his nose.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot a small goose I mistook for a duck once.

Don't call F&G on me k????
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A cousin in the forehead with a BB gun.  I was aiming at his nose.

My other buddy has his rifle up to the back of his other friend and told him not to move or he would shoot.  He moved and he shot!  The xrays were quite amazing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't shot skeet in a very, very long time.  When I shoot trap, they only let me load one round at a time everywhere I've ever gone.  Is loading multiple rounds normal in skeet?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I haven't shot skeet in a very, very long time.  When I shoot trap, they only let me load one round at a time everywhere I've ever gone.  Is loading multiple rounds normal in skeet?

Well, you will get multiple clays at times.  2 usually.  So you have 2 rounds in the gun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
The ground.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Myself.  .177 to the chest.  It grazed a building I was using for concealment, ricocheted off a tree and hit me in the chest hard enough to make me think twice about my next breath.  

"you'll shoot yer eye out, kid"
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Some concrete blocks, a few rotten eggs (with my 10/22), 4 possums and the neighbor's dog.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I shot my brother with a rock in the back of the head with my slingshot.  I was aiming for his ass, but the rock curved up and clocked him pretty good.

A friend had a full auto BB gun (freon charged)  He had it fully loaded when his cousin  decided to grab it from him.  The gun went off and he had a line of welts from his waist to his shoulder.

I was at the range and went to shoot my Sig Trailside.  I pulled the trigger and it didn't feel right.  The safety was partially engaged. I hit the safety and BAM! the hammer dropped. Remember folks, always pointed down range.  I even hit the target, but it was still startling.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Her left eye.

TRG

I got her right one!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Our fireplace when I was 2, thanks to big brother leaving a loaded 12 gauge on the floor in the living room.  Dad beat the hell out of him.

Also had a BB removed from my calf when I was 16 courtesy of "boys will be boys".
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Rapid firing my 12 gauge pump, the last round went a little over my backstop, sprayed my shop about 75-100 yards away!

Opps!

Lessoned learned:  Allways know where your shooting, even whats behind where your shooting, just in case.

Travis
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was ten I shot a pine tree that I had a target tacked to with a BB and it bounced back. I had my left eye closed to aim and it bounced back and hit the lid on my closed left eye. Hurt like hell and burst some blood vessels in my eye, it healed up fine. Scary.

Shot a yearling deer by accident. It was a doe weekend and I decided to get some meat. Had the crosshairs on the doe's neck and right when I squezzed the trigger a little yearling passed behind her. Bullet went through the doe's neck and hit the yearling. Dropped the doe right there and the yearling ran about 40 yards and collapsed. Two for the price of one and some really tender meat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#22]
her nose, hair. the drapes, the carpet, sheets...

Oh, we're talking about guns...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I never saw that cousin again after that little family get-together.  Three kids held him down while I pushed the BB around his forehead and back out the entry hole.  Of course he was screaming like a Banchi and ran in the farm house crying.  Little shit!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I had an AD with my G17 a couple months ago. My dumbass was trying to disassemble it with the loaded mag in it The wall in front of me took a +P+ Winchester Ranger, nasty hole
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I hurt someone's feelings once.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Her left eye.

TRG

I got her right one!

In typical ARFCOM fashion..........I got both
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#27]
When I was about 15 I shot a hole in the roof at the shooting range. It was my frist time shooting a revolver, which happened to be a model 29 loaded with .44 magnum, the guy who owned it said it was easy to shoot. First shot was easy, gun went way up in the air and I bumped the trigger on the way down.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I accidentally shot the map on one of my walls with an airsoft gun once. Bounced back and hit me literally about two inches above my eye.

Cambodia is also now destroyed...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I shot my dad's hog by accident.
Let me explain.  About 12 years ago my dad and I went out to hunt hogs on our property one very early morning.  My dad was going to shoot a meat hog with his revolver from a tree stand (actually it was just a wood pallet we had placed up on a orange tree) and I was on the bottom of the tree with my lever action Winchester 94 rifle.  A little while after we were settled in we see couple nice meat hog coming toward us from about 50 yards away.  I had nothing to do so I took my rifle and sighted in on the lead hog's head and kept following it in.  Without thinking I took the safety off and took the shot when the hog was about 25 yards away.  I didn't realize what I had done until I felt the recoil.  My dad yells down to me "I hope you didn't do that by accident".  He got his meat hog few weeks later when we finished eating mine.

My wife shot a clay bird with her 20G shotgun by accident... 6 times ina row.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Her left eye.

TRG

What were you aiming at ?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Teenager + BB gun = BAD

Shot myself in the foot with a Dasiy, testing out the "safety toe" on my brother's issue boots.  Didn't work too well and it stung like a Mo Fo!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I accidentally shot the map on one of my walls with an airsoft gun once. Bounced back and hit me literally about two inches above my eye.

Cambodia thats to bad.

I was in my barn with a pellet gun and I fired it so many times the back drop had tones of lead in it it bounced off and hit me in the forhead. From then on I have wron eye protection.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#33]
pileated woodpecker when grouse hunting a few years ago.

I saw a grouse in the area and was trying to flush it.  Damn thing flushed out just like a grouse.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cambodia thats to bad.

I was aiming for Vietnam.... (airsoft = innacurate)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Expensive pair of Zeiss Binoculars with a M-16!

Friend left them in the impact zone and only remembered after my first 30 round burst. Rounds impacted from the side and pretty much exploded the whole thing.  He was able to save the case!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Neighbors new sphinks cat.  I honestly thought it was a rat.  Tagged it with a .22lr HP  Acouple days later I get a phone call "Hey have you seen my new cat" "Nope, havent seen it, (alive lately, under my breath)."
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Her left eye.

TRG

I got her right one!

In typical ARFCOM fashion..........I got both

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Hit a boar hog in the testy's w/a slingshot.  I was aiming for a tin can.

Honestly.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I shot a bluejay by "accident" i was out shooting in the woods at some targets, and so i just took a potshot at it and nailed it... whoops! lol...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Nothing... I never shoot anything 'on accident'.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I shot a white egret on the fly when I was 12 (36 years ago) with a Remington nylon 66 .22LR. Stupid, still feel bad about it. Can't believe I hit it. Ok, My consious is clear now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#42]
only with a blow gun was a kid about 13-14 picked up a blow gun at a gun show took it home put up a styrofoam target that came with it on a door that had several small inserted windows dart went throught the foam and spiderweb on little window out of 16..Thought id get in trouble with it but as soon as my mom got home I showed her..she wanted me to do it to all the windows cause she liked how it looked....ended up doing every other one...it was fun adn I didnt even get in trouble...BURN!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#43]
When I was about 17, my girlfriend and I were a friends house. He was a reloader and we were playing around with some cordite from some .303's in the backyard, burning it.
If you've never burned smokeless powder(or cordite) outside a case, it burns hotter and faster as it burns.
We were burning little piles of it, making little fires.
We got the bright idea of burning a big pile by the back porch, with my girlfriend on the porch leaning over watching.
The powder kinda started small, then really took off, making about a 4-5 foot fireball in about a 1/10th of a second.
My girlfriend's long hair happened to be inside the fireball, burning a bunch of her hairsprayed hair.
I think that was my only ND

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#44]
The ground, with a jammed minigun once,

And a 492X with my 1858 Remmy converted to 45LC.  Ive never shot a pistol that well, any pistol ever, so it has to be an accident.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Didn't really shoot it but I tossed a bathroom tile at a dove once. I nailed it "dead" on. That won't happen again.
As far as shooting I shot myself once.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I've done a few.....

Time #1
A bird when we (my friend and I) were about 9-10. He had been (Unknown to me) playing around with the pump BB pistol I had out in the garage. He asked me how to sight and shoot a pistol.

I looked around, spotted the bird on a branch, and while explaining how to sight it and s-l-o-w-l-y squeeze the trigger......POW! one very dead bird.

He was in awe, and I was PISSED!

(A.) At Myself for not following "THE RULES"!
(B.) At him for Playing around with/Loading/Not telling me!

Time #2 (Actually before #1)

Another bird (See a pattern here) With a hammer, from about 20'.
I was "Working" on one of our neighborhood "Forts". Hammering away, and got my thumb !!!

Pissed, I turned and through the hammer.....end over end, over end, over end.........POW! one very dead bird.
  Totally unplanned/unintended.

Time #3 Just after high school (25+ years ago)

Yard light, friend's place.  .22 (Not mine) is handed to me to look  over/admire. I (Dumb-ass!) Break the Rules and don't check to see if it's loaded, even tho' I'm assured it's not......

Nothing to sight in on (It's dark) so the light is suggested.......You can see where this is going, cant you?!?

HIM: "No, go ahead!..... the trigger is so smooth on it!"............Click/Bang/Poof!!!

Him: "Humm!.......Looks like I'm gonna' need a new yard light!"

Me:  WTF!?!!?

I always check (Now)
I understand how these things happen.

Tall Shadow

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#48]
My range bag.

I was using it as a rest at the range and my 16" AR with rifle length tube worked it's way back and the edge of the bag was in front of the muzzle enough that I put a couple of holes through the side of the bag and some through the bag's handle.

Oh well, it's just a cheap Wal-Mart shooting bag and now it has some character.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Neighbors new sphinks cat.  I honestly thought it was a rat.  Tagged it with a .22lr HP  Acouple days later I get a phone call "Hey have you seen my new cat" "Nope, havent seen it, (alive lately, under my breath)."

Not cool at all.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#50]
My chronograph.

A sandbag on the bench.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top