User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:00:43 AM EDT
Deputy fire chief faces indecency charge
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 7, 2006

Leroy Donald Johnson was caught this weekend in a barn with his pants down, literally, according to a sheriff's office report.

"You caught me ... I tried to (expletive) your sheep," Johnson told his neighbor, according to the report.

But the Mesa Fire Department deputy fire chief changed his story when a sheriff's deputy arrived on his doorstep minutes later, denying anything happened.

Johnson, 52, was jailed on suspicion of disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing after the neighbor told investigators he found Johnson, unzipped and holding a sheep down on its side.

That's the sanitized version. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office report released Monday night is a little more graphic.

Johnson's neighbor told sheriff's deputies he was called home Saturday afternoon when his 13-year-old daughter saw Johnson drag one of their sheep into a barn.

The teenager said Johnson had first knocked on the front and back door of the home in the 1200 block of East Catclaw Street, in a county island in Gilbert, before grabbing the small gray lamb, records showed.

One of the deputies noted that Johnson had bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol, and neighbors who confronted him said he admitted everything.

According to the deputy's report, "(The owner) took me into the back yard and showed me where he and (neighbor) pulled up. He took me through the corral gate and I saw the victim for the first time. She was a small gray lamb about three feet tall and four feet long."

The men then told the deputy they walked over to the small barn, opened the door and "saw Leroy holding the lamb down on its side in the hay with his pants down trying to have sex with it. That's when he made the statement about (expletive) the lamb."

The men said Johnson stood up and zipped up his pants.

"The sheep ran out of the barn at that point," the report says.

Johnson apologized, according to the report, and said he'd had "too much to drink."

The Mesa Fire Department placed Johnson, on paid leave Monday pending an internal investigation. Johnson, deputy chief of technical services, has been with the Mesa Fire Department for nearly 26 years.

Assistant Fire Chief Mary Cameli said Johnson has been an "exemplary" employee with a spotless personnel record.

"We were all very surprised by this," Cameli added.

Johnson did not return a call for comment Monday.

When confronted by a deputy at his home, Johnson initially denied the incident, saying he had been at his neighbor's house to talk about annexation.

Johnson said he went into the barn after hearing noises. The deputy said to him, "I believe something more than that happened," and offered help.

Johnson responded, "I probably do need some help, but I don't know if this is the time or place for it," according to the report.

When asked how the animal got into the barn, Johnson said, "I'm not going there," then asked if he was going to be arrested and demanded to know his legal options.

He continued to deny that anything happened in the barn and was arrested.

"I think it's disgusting," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said. "I think of Ghandi who said you judge the morality of a country by the way they treat their animals. . . . I do look at (bestiality) as some type of animal cruelty."

www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0307deputychief-sheep07-ON.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Sick.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]

"You caught me ... I tried to (expletive) your sheep,"

Sigline material right there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Good lord.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#5]
brings new meanings to 'silence of the lambs'...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Funny, he doesn't look like a frat boy...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
He should have to MARRY the sheep
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds very "Brokeback" to me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Can someone explain to me what the obession is with sheep?  They're very foul smelling.  Their wool is rough yet you hear time and time again that they're being.....abused.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can someone explain to me what the obession is with sheep?  They're very foul smelling.  Their wool is rough yet you hear time and time again that they're being.....abused.  

Those long, cold, lonely nights on the range..............
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Are they good kissers?  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ummm Patty, you just described about every woman I ever met in Berkeley.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Johnson did not return a call for comment Monday.

LOL, like he would.z
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Very sa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ad
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#15]
PAGING THE RED GOAT!!! PAGING THE RED GOAT!!! PAGING THE RED GOAT!!! PAGING THE RED GOAT!!! PAGING THE RED GOAT!!! PAGING THE RED GOAT!!!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#16]

This is a real newspaper clipping. I don't know how old it is, a co-worker had it in his desk for years.

They had it in a fucking motel room and threw it out the window.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#17]
The sheep led him on.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Guy's originally from Knoxville, I'll bet...

SG
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Johnson apologized, according to the report, and said he'd had "too much to drink."

Yeah, i think most of us have at one time drank a little too much, but this is fucking disgusting, wtf?

Talk about drunk bootie calls.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#20]
That lamb was asking for it, running around naked like that!

Quoted:

It's because you don't have to wrap them in duct tape to keep them from exploding.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Because "it's" about the right size, or so I've been told.........
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#22]
***Arizona***
Where men are men
and sheep are lying little whores
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#23]
you guys are horrible!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
you guys are horrible!

You just figured that out?

I read somewhere that a surprising number (to me anyway) of men who grew up on farms have had sex with animals.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
***Arizona***
Where men are men
and sheep are lying little whores

I always heard it as:

"Where men are men, women are women, and sheep are afraid."
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Now we know why The Red Goat is red!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#28]
men are men, women are scarce, and the sheep are nervous.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you guys are horrible!

You just figured that out?

I read somewhere that a surprising number (to me anyway) of men who grew up on farms have had sex with animals.

I honestly don't know and don't want to know.  All I can say is I grew up on a farm but the men were kept busy in the fields, not ....clears throat....tending the sheep!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Like you guys don't have one of these.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#31]
"I'm sorry...is that wrong?  I shouldn't have done that?  You know, I'm gonna have to plead ignorance about that being wrong and all...."

I could make a comment about FD-guys predilections...but I won't!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
C'mon! Give the guy a break!
It was a EWE!
Now if was a ram,why,that'd be GHEY!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 7, 2006

Johnson's neighbor told sheriff's deputies he was called home Saturday afternoon when his 13-year-old daughter saw Johnson drag one of their sheep into a barn.

The teenager said Johnson had first knocked on the front and back door of the home in the 1200 block of East Catclaw Street, in a county island in Gilbert, before grabbing the small gray lamb, records showed.

I think this may have been quite a different story if that kid had opened the door!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Was the lamb younger than 18?  What if he had just killed it and eaten it instead of raping it, would that be better?  Is there a way to see if the lamb consented?  You never know, she may have been into it.

Either way, homeboy has a problem.  I dunno.  I'm in a weird mood tonight, please disregard every last thing I post.  Please.

North American Man-Lamb Love Association.  NAMLLA.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I bet that guy eats some lead for dinner...

THAT has to be embarassing...

I wonder if this qualifies him for the sex offender registry?

Should be considered dangerous near farms...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I bet that guy eats some lead for dinner...

THAT has to be embarassing...

I wonder if this qualifies him for the sex offender registry?

Should be considered dangerous near farms...

This guy is gonna have to off himself at some point.  Some things are worse than death.  Getting busted for lamb-rape is just too much.  I would kill myself in shame.

What would a Samurai do that got busted raping a lamb?  Do they even get the option of HaraKiri or whatever it's called?  Could you imagine what it would be like to be that guy's daughter?  The mind boggles.

How could you not just bust out laughing in this guy's face every time you saw him?  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#39]
"Dirty deeds, done with sheep"
AC/DC should have recorded that one.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#40]
You know, old Johnson put out hundreds of fires in his 26 year career.    

But is he known as Johnson the firefighter?             Nooooo

He saved dozens of people from the smoke and flames.  But is he known as Johnson the brave?    Noooo

He rescued kittens in trees, and auto accident victims, but is he known as Johnson the lifesver?   Noooooooooo

But ya f#ck one lousy sheep................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What will the Ram say to the Ewe when Mr Johnson gets parolled............

....................... Let's get the flock outa here!                              
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:23:28 AM EDT
[#41]
thats hot

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:03:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Hmmm...that would explain this.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:06:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You know, old Johnson put out hundreds of fires in his 26 year career.    

But is he known as Johnson the firefighter?             Nooooo

He saved dozens of people from the smoke and flames.  But is he known as Johnson the brave?    Noooo

He rescued kittens in trees, and auto accident victims, but is he known as Johnson the lifesver?   Noooooooooo

But ya f#ck one lousy sheep................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What will the Ram say to the Ewe when Mr Johnson gets parolled............

....................... Let's get the flock outa here!                              

You gotta point their
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#44]
The Smoking Gun has the Sheriff's Report plus photos of the victim and the scene of the crime.  

www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0307062sheep1.html
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 7, 2006

I think this may have been quite a different story if that kid had opened the door!

We've all been having a lot of fun with this, but you have a good point. If that 13 year old girl had opened the door, this could have turned out very badly.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Hmmm...I wonder why, after learning from his daughter that a man dragged one of his sheep out to the barn, the land owner assumed it was his friend Roger.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#47]
The victim owner of the lamb was named Alan Goats.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
"Dirty deeds, done with sheep"
AC/DC should have recorded that one.

Bob Rivers did.
www.twistedtunes.com/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top