Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 6:37:57 PM EDT
Its actually gotten to that point, i dip that much, im going through 2 to 3 cans a day.

Theres got to be somewhere where i can order whole cases at something near cost.   any ideas you guys?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a lot of Chaw.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, I hope we won't be reading a post from you in a few years about your new case of mouth cancer, dude.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
didn't we allready cover the possible drawbacks to this in the team forum?

i managed to give up drinking and smoking, and between the divorce, and the money problems, and my problems at work i thuink im entitled to one vice.

on the upside i won't get lung cancer, and when i have to cut off whats left of my lip in 10 years, i can get a new one built.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
dont know about a case but I know costco or samclubs has it in bulk.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]
oops double post
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
How much do you pay per can?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I know gas stations and such buy it buy the case.

When I worked at a convience store wholesaler, the owners buddies would come in and get boxes of smokes/chew. It was on the sly though.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How much do you pay per can?

$3.70

thats why im looking to buy it by the case if i can get a price break.

that and i chew copenhagen black, and finding it in a quantity that will last me a week usually involves me going to more than one store to purchase it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
You can probably get the stuff from Costco by the case.

I used to chew "a lot" at about 1 can a day.  These days I think it's cheaper to be a crack addict.

I'd see if there's someplace you could get it in the plastic for export cans because it seems to last longer (or just keep it in the freezer).
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I used to chew "a lot" at about 1 can a day.  These days I think it's cheaper to be a crack addict.

I'd see if there's someplace you could get it in the plastic for export cans because it seems to last longer (or just keep it in the freezer).

thats the one good thing about the copenhagen black, as of last year it all comes in plastic cans. i kinda miss the cardboard, but it does stay fresher longer, and the taste difference is negligable.

as to the long cut my gf chews, that stuff sucks when you get it in a plastic can, i hated living in germany, cause it tastes like crap when not in cardboard.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Our local costco just started carrying cigars, but I don't think they carry dip. Area-dependent, I guess.

Maybe online somewhere?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#14]
eGay
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats the one good thing about the copenhagen black, as of last year it all comes in plastic cans. i kinda miss the cardboard, but it does stay fresher longer, and the taste difference is negligable.

as to the long cut my gf chews, that stuff sucks when you get it in a plastic can, i hated living in germany, cause it tastes like crap when not in cardboard.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Google is your friend.  There are plenty of mail order sellers online.  Often located in states with low tobacco taxes, or even indian reservations with no tobacco taxes who sell it online.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Its actually gotten to that point, i dip that much, im going through 2 to 3 cans a day.

Theres got to be somewhere where i can order whole cases at something near cost.   any ideas you guys?

Um, Costco/Sam's Club.

Might want to check out the nicorette & chewing gum first tho...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im not gonna knock her chewing, i don't have room to tell her anything when it comes to that, sides its my fault, i was dumb enough to let her try some while we were out scouting elk last year.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#19]
hey have you found any place to buy bulk yet? all i can add is around here Maine you can buy tubes or rolls of it in 5 or osmetime 10 can packs  you end up saving allittle buut not much and also up here

a can of Cope or Skoal is around $6.00  so be happy
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#20]
The place I order from online charges $11.00 shipping for up to 10 pounds.  Free shipping on orders over $200.00

Just get your friends in a a group buy and order $200.00 worth.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The place I order from online charges $11.00 shipping for up to 10 pounds.  Free shipping on orders over $200.00

Just get your friends in a a group buy and order $200.00 worth.

where do you order from?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I love the smell of copenhagen.... I had an ex who chewed ocasionally. mmmmm.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im not gonna knock her chewing...

Don't worry, there's plenty of us who don't fiend for the nicotine to do that for you.  I'll admit, i've tried it, and I kind of liked it (and honestly, if the chaw I tried was bourbon flavored rather than spearmint, and if it hadn't made me slightly ill, I might have kept on it), but I did not succumb to the call of the drug.

So, I feel free to say that dip=

And women dipping = ^2
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#24]
cope smells like a barn floor

i got a dip of berry blend skoal in right now
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

i managed to give up drinking and smoking, and between the divorce, and the money problems, and my problems at work i thuink im entitled to one vice.

on the upside i won't get lung cancer, and when i have to cut off whats left of my lip JAW in 10 years, i can get a new one built.

Dude.......  Not to preach, but have you SEEN what oral cancer does to you ?

From your last post on this, it sounds like you're really going through some rough shit right now, but damn....  Why make your life potentially WORSE, by using so much of that crap ??  Seriously ?

It'd REALLY suck to have you come on here saying you think you have cancer, man.....  

And don't fool yourself...... Reconstruction surgery for oral cancer, when chewing tobacco is concerned, is NOT pretty.......  It's actually mostly non-existant....www.quitsmokeless.org/gallery/ Warning:  NOT pleasant images.  

Don't you wanna be healthy, not frightening looking, and HERE for your kids, for a long time, bro ???

ETA:  Here's what you think will be 'getting a new lip made'......

You WILL look like this someday..........  COUNT on it.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im not gonna knock her chewing...

Don't worry, there's plenty of us who don't fiend for the nicotine to do that for you.  I'll admit, i've tried it, and I kind of liked it (and honestly, if the chaw I tried was bourbon flavored rather than spearmint, and if it hadn't made me slightly ill, I might have kept on it), but I did not succumb to the call of the drug.

So, I feel free to say that dip=

And women dipping = ^2

I dont dip..... Thats disgusting. I just like the smell of it. Kinda like the smell of coffee.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quit baggin on him, he wants to dip, let him dip.

That said, why are you sticking with Cope?  There's such good dip out there, broaden your horizons.

http://www.tobaccobymail.com/SNUFF.htm

Go get em cowboy

Oh, and there's that whole cancer thing... please buy medical insurance and pay for it yourself, take responsibility for your own health care rather than leaving it to us to pay for your lipectomy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Early signs of cancer

When cancer starts, it's not usually painful. If you use spit tobacco, or have in the past, you should be on the lookout for some of the early signs of oral cancer:

A sore that does not heal
A lump or white patch
A prolonged sore throat
Difficulty in chewing
Restricted movement of the tongue or jaws
A feeling of something in the throat

Got any of these ???  Something to think about.........

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Always a group of do-gooders around here to shit on (read troll) someones thread.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quit baggin on him, he wants to dip, let him dip.

That said, why are you sticking with Cope?  There's such good dip out there, broaden your horizons.

http://www.tobaccobymail.com/SNUFF.htm

Go get em cowboy

Oh, and there's that whole cancer thing... please buy medical insurance and pay for it yourself, take responsibility for your own health care rather than leaving it to us to pay for your lipectomy.

Who's bagging on him ??

Personally, I hate seeing a good guy do bad shit to himself, that may KILL him easily, because he's going through some rough times     Do you realize, the survival rate for cancers related to this stuff is almost NON existant ?

Life's fucking hard enough, believe me, I KNOW.............  But shitting your health down the drain, by using stuff that'll MAIM or KILL you as an emotional crutch, just isn't good......

The guy's a vet, recently back from that shit hole, and he admitted he's dealing with a lot of other life issues lately.....  Makes me feel like shit that he's going through all that, after serving US and our country proudly and honorably and coming home in one piece.....  Would hate to hear his method of coping with it kills him.......

I may not know him, but I'm sorry, the man deserves better than that.......  I wish I could help him quit that shit and be healthy and well for a good long life.......

He earned it.  

Fucking tobacco companies   Personal choice or not, they're fucking evil and ruin lives with that addictive shit.....

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Always a group of do-gooders around here to shit on (read troll) someones thread.

I'm sorry if you see it as being a do-gooder......  I see it as caring about someone, regardless if you 'know' them or not.....  Sorry that bothers you so much Cav.....

Can't make anyone stop doing what's bad for them......  But that doesn't mean there's no reason to say it, and hope they'll think twice about what they're doing.  If they keep on killing themselves, that's their choice...

Wouldnt you do the same for a friend ?

I guess I'll shut up now, since I've been labeled a troll and that automatically nullifies any amount of sincerety here on the intarweb.....

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#32]
i realize that the dipping can lead to cancer, and i actually go and get my lip/mouth checked pretty reg.

i had a throat scope done this summer, everything is fine so far.     im sure the usage will drop off after awhile, like my life getting back in order, but i see this as a much better choice than slipping back into the hold that alcohol had on me.   every time i get the urge for a drink i just take a dip.

of course i also take a dip every time i get the urge to throttle some dipshit, which is pretty often these days.

i realize its self medication, but its keepin me from losing my mind.

maybe i'm weak, but untill ur in my shoes i wouldnt make that call.   sure ive got it better than some folks on here, and worse than others, but gimme a break, i just want to find a way to not spend over 10$ a day on my bad habit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
i realize that the dipping can lead to cancer, and i actually go and get my lip/mouth checked pretty reg.

i had a throat scope done this summer, everything is fine so far.     im sure the usage will drop off after awhile, like my life getting back in order, but i see this as a much better choice than slipping back into the hold that alcohol had on me.   every time i get the urge for a drink i just take a dip.

of course i also take a dip every time i get the urge to throttle some dipshit, which is pretty often these days.

i realize its self medication, but its keepin me from losing my mind.

maybe i'm weak, but untill ur in my shoes i wouldnt make that call.   sure ive got it better than some folks on here, and worse than others, but gimme a break, i just want to find a way to not spend over 10$ a day on my bad habit.

Brother, I guess maybe my posts were a bit over the top for some people......  For that I apologize.

I've seen you post in a few other threads about going through a lot of shit lately.  Believe me, I CAN relate....  Probably not to anywhere near the same level, but I can.  My life has been pretty 'interesting' lately, for lack of a better word.  Wanting to choke a bitch is a VERY familiar feeling, these days.  Also I lost my grandfather to emphysema this time last year, and my mother died of cancer when I was 21.....  I guess I'm a little raw on the cancer / tobacco thing, sorry....

I just don't like to see a good man down and hurting himself more, is all........  

Hang in there and fight like hell bro.  It'll get better cause it can't get much worse, right ?  

I gotta tell myself that all the time....  Only thing that works, some days

Sorry if I came across like a do-gooder dickhead, honestly wasn't my intentions.

Take care man....

John
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Here are some links to discount internet sales. Starting chewing Longhorn myself. Fine cut natural can be had for a buck a can at Walmarts with a bunch of coupons I got off of their calender. Taste a little like Cope. but not as strong.

www.cheapsmokesbymail.com/snuff.htm

www.tobaccobymail.com/SNUFF.htm

www.skoal.net/shop.php?kat=6&SESS=98BB4BF9AD48AC7E71462E8C583D6B85

www.smokes-spirits.com//StoreDetails.aspx/Tobacco/CopenhagenSnuff/opt/store/16/category/1135
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

on the upside i won't get lung cancer, and when i have to cut off whats left of my lip in 10 years, i can get a new one built.

Sorry to come off like I'm ragging on you dude. JB69 covered it better than I could. Absolutely, if it helps you cope, go for it. I just hate seeing someone do that to themself, but it's a free country, and you've definitely earned the right to do whatever you want to your body.

Yeah, from what you've posted, you've been through some difficult shit. I'd hate to see you make it back from Iraq, being shot at, people trying to blow you up, your home life goes to hell and gone, and then a year or three down the road, you get entirely preventable cancer. I wish you good luck getting your life back together; hopefully your buds here at AR can be of some help there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:24:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, you guys do it WAY too much.  

And yes, you CAN get lung cancer from snuff if you are a mouth breather.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#37]
My friends dip, stop it NOW. It is a good way to lose your youth.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:39:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Get good insurance because at your current rate it will only take 10-15 years ( or less ) for you to
start reaping the "benefits" of oral tobacco use.  Its not like jacking-off until you need glasses and then stopping.  By the time there are signs that you need to quit( that you can notice ), IT IS TOO LATE.

You are young and feel like your whole life is ahead of you.  But by doing this you are chopping large amounts of time off your life.  

You wanna see your kids graduate school ?

Wanna see your kids get married ?

Wanna hold YOUR grandkids and make memories of you in their little heads ?

If what I typed sounds stupid then your still too young to understand and you wont stop using.

But if you are smart you will learn from the wisdom ( or stupidity ) of others.

LB
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Fucking tobacco companies   Personal choice or not, they're fucking evil and ruin lives with that addictive shit.....

I was with you until this crap!
Listen to yourself man!
Just because some folks either can't or won't make the "right" decisions (personal responsibility ring a bell?),you'll blame the manufacturers of a legal product?

Substitute gun for tobacco.Left wing drivel.

That said,take care of yourself the best you can.I gave up ALL my vices (and there were plenty) at once.I've got an addictive personality.Hard as shit,but haven't slipped yet .Just TOLD myself I was stronger than (fill in the blank).That and a great woman/kids keeps me right.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:52:14 AM EDT
[#40]
You mention that your GF still chews the long cut... I take this to mean that you have graduated to the fine cut (more nicotine). MAYBE you should think about trying something a little bit different, and stronger.

I mentioned this to you "elsewhere"...

Day's Work plug... by RJ Reynolds. Make sure you get it FRESH (i.e. soft... squeeze it to check first). Whatever you do, DON'T SWALLER ANY OF IT. It's not like the "dip" you used as a kid.

I think this would be one way for you to wean yourself from your 3-can-a-day habit. It obviously isn't satisfying enough for you any more.

To be honest, I tried the Skoal/Cope route, and it never did anything for me other than get little black bits stuck in my teeth. Try that plug I told you about. It's got to be cheaper than buying the other stuff by the case.

No, I don't chew any more, but I've spilled my share of spit cups in my time. Ever spill one in the car?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#41]
I thought this was DU for minute.

Stop dipping
Stop smoking
Stop drinking
Stop driving fast
Stop riding motorcycles
Stop eating BBQ
Stop eating red meat
Stop eating popcorn
Stop having sex
Stop hunting
Stop shooting guns

And you will live a long boring life.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top