Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 1:44:05 PM EDT
Can someone, with a greater I-Pod IQ than me, figue out how I can get this file onto my I-pod. It is aWMA file but I can not convert it to save my life. I tried to use I-tunes and it will not even try and place it in my I-Tunes list. I took my other WMAs files and put them on a disk and then moved them into i-Tunes which it converted them to MP3/4s with no problem. I can not get this one converted or even moved into I-tunes.

Any ideas??? I need my daily M60 fix and this would help

http://www.inrangec2.com/kf/m60.wmv

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think iTunes/iPod can play WMA.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You are right...they can't, but I took my WMA audio files and placed them on a disk and then pulled them into i-Tunes which converts them to Mp3/4s and they will play. I actually got it to pull a video (that was WMA) into I-tunes and convert it but it removed the sound .

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
that's a wmv, not a wma

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
First of all, it's not a WMA, its a WMV, its WMV b/c it's a video file, not a music file. I don't think you can get it to work, cuz this is what it says on apple's site

"Videos that were not purchased from the iTunes Music Store are typically not in a format that is playable on the iPod, but in many cases, they can be converted to the correct format using QuickTime 7 Pro. To find out how to convert a movie to one of these formats, see the Creating Video for iPod tutorial, then add the converted video to your iTunes Library. If you're using a Mac with QuickTime 7.0.3 or later installed, you can use iMovie and other applications to export a movie to a format supported by the iPod and then add it your iTunes Library. Click here for an iMovie HD tutorial."

so i think ur SOL.... sorry, sweet vid tho
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I converted it to an mp4 video file. It almost doubled in size. Want me to email it to you?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Posted twice for some reason..
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I have it at 7.4meg...I am trying to upload to tinypic right now...

video

Well, it is clickable, bit not downloadable...can you 'save as' from the video window?

I tried emailing from that window, just sends a link...emailing now, hopefully.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I converted it to an mp4 video file. It almost doubled in size. Want me to email it to you?

Please do.

[email protected]

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have it at 7.4meg...I am trying to upload to tinypic right now...

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I'll try both...Thanks guys. I just got this damn I-pod and I think I might just shoot it tomorrow!!!!

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, the video part of iPods is not 'finished'. There are a few features that apple left off, hopefully a firmware upgrade is coming soon.

I will try emailing the video I converted too.

I used Xilisoft iPod Video Converter that I got off Shareaza, as info.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Got it and thanks a lot!!!

M60-E4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top