Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 10:23:30 AM EDT

BRADY GUN CONTROL CAMPAIGN ALL WET SAY NATION’S TOP COPS

The very foundations of the gun control movement were rocked today by the results of a survey taken by the National Association of Chiefs of Police (NACOP). In a nutshell, the survey shows that the nation’s top law enforcement officers believe that average citizens can be trusted to responsibly own firearms; that criminals ignore gun control laws; and that concealed carry laws reduce crime.

These revelations come as a stark contrast to gun control movement propaganda that asserts that police officials feel that our streets would be safer if law-abiding citizens were disarmed.

Specifically, the survey revealed that 93% of chiefs and sheriffs felt that citizens should be able to purchase firearms for sport and self defense; 73% opposed so-called “one gun a month” laws; 96% believed that criminals ignore gun control laws and; 63% supported laws that allow citizens to carry defensive firearms as a means to control crime.

“These survey results are important and timely for the law-abiding Illinois firearm owner,” said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. “The General Assembly is currently considering HB2414 which would ban most of the guns owned by law-abiding citizens in Illinois. The legislature is also considering legislation that would shut down most of the lawful gun shops in the state. The supposed justification for these two bills is that they would result in a safer society. Well, based on the chiefs’ survey, it would appear that the gun control movement is standing all alone on that assertion.”

“I hope that the Illinois General Assembly is paying close attention to what our top cops have to say,” continued Pearson. “It’s time for the legislature to stop trying to find ways to harass the law-abiding gun owner and start finding ways to keep criminals in jail and off our streets.

isra.org/

Glad they came out with this. I mean, we all know the Brady Bunch is full of it, but a lot of people buy into them. However, I would be highly surprised if this made any news broadcast.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
'bout fucking time someone decides to think somewhat logically!  I hope that this disturbs Sarah Brady so much that she jumps off a damn bridge!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
tag because this is the only place I'm gonna read this story.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, this again.  Your title made me think of something else.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
tag because this is the only place I'm gonna read this story.

+1  That is the biggest crime.  Damn anti-gun media
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, if it is reported, it will be misinterpreted by every liberal media organization. Liberals will try to discredit the results and say it is mere propaganda by the GUN-NUTs.

One day, hopefully, the idiots that propose such legislation like the crap stated will finally be pulled out of the dung in which their heads permanently reside.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Yet only 63% think we peons should be able to 'carry defensive firearms as a means to control crime".

That would mean 37% or nearly 40% don't think we can be trusted to protect ourselves. Job security?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Tagged because this is the only place it will ever be seen.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#11]

yep. too bad *any* major news orgainzation woudln't touch this...

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#12]
This won't change anything.  They will still fill their literature with the same old statements from the same old flunkies that they have been using for years.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This won't change anything.  They will still fill their literature with the same old statements from the same old flunkies that they have been using for years.

Yup
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yet only 63% think we peons should be able to 'carry defensive firearms as a means to control crime".

That would mean 37% or nearly 40% don't think we can be trusted to protect ourselves. Job security?

The actual question was: "Will a national concealed handgun permit reduce rates of violent crime as recent studies in some states have already reflected?"

So it's not necessarily that they want to allow or disallow it, it's just whether or not they think it would be effective.  Still disappointing to see such a low number though.  I wonder what the results would be if they polled LEO other than chiefs and sheriffs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
^
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Title of thread is misleadeing.

"Brady Campaign Owned by Nation’s Top Cops"  

implies the campaign is financed/run by police.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I suggest that the word "owned" in the thread be changed to "pwned" to better reflect the true meaning of the headline...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Maybe Sarah will get into a nervous fit and light up another cigarette.

hehe yep theres goes approx 7 mins of her life if shes does too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Sarah and her bunch need to join Cindy Sheean and journey to Iraq with their message of peace and fraternity between all of mankind.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Oh, this again.  Your title made me think of something else.

What?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Didn't look at it that way.

Changed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1, but happily so.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#27]
The Brady camp. no longer cares for safety. They got a taste of the big bucks. GREED is the front runner in their movement now. It's all about keeping the money rolling in.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Gee, common sense.  Too bad it will never see the light of a major broadcast company telecaster.

Woody
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top