Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:46:35 AM EDT
There were toys I should have had.

I just saw a radio-controlled flying saucer.

There must be somebody I can sue.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It's Bush's fault
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I was a depraved child.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's Bush's fault

and Cheyney's
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's Bush's fault

...........don't forget Rumsfeld!  I'm sure he's guilty of deprieving us of something when we were young!  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
when I was a kid, we made our own fun.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, well, my mother wouldnt let me  watch the original Batman series. It was too violent. I blame her every time i see her for my love of guns.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was a depraved child.

This place is lousy with thieves.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Do what my husband does and buy one now for Private Root Beer.  For my youngests birthday I bought two remote control hummers.  One for Wyatt, one for my husband.  

*ETA* I'm pretty sure Hastert was in on the conspiracy as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#9]
You haven't bought it yet?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#10]
My best toy has always been creativity. Never breaks, the batteries never die and it didn't cost much (just a few spankings on occasion). Can't complain too much.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I found a box of playboy magazines in the garbage behind a liquor store when I was 10.

Yes, times were good...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:06:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Shut up...You made up for it in your adulthood you lucky bastard.  Yeah, I saw the pics of past conquests....bite me.  

I wanted on of those toys too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Your childhood fantasy has suffered a product safety recall:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05547.html

Feel free to sue the manufacturer for your flying fire hazard.  

Then again, if we put this in the wayback machine and visited Rodent as a 10-year-old we could ask him which one he would want:

A. A battery powered flying saucer
or
B. A battery powered FLAMING saucer.

I bet the only request he would have is it spray broken glass and rusty nails from the rim as it hovered at eye level....

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sue me, I've never been sued yet.  I'm probably about to be though.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Man, I was deprived too.. Never had a Red Ryder BB gun.  Bought one last year.  It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sue me, I've never been sued yet.  I'm probably about to be though.  

Trust me on this, it gets old after the first ten or fifteen times.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Wah!...Sombody didn't get a pony!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wah!...Sombody didn't get a pony!

Oh, I had a pony.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Pony was all we could afford.

Beef was too expensive.  

BC
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Pony was all we could afford.

Beef was too expensive.  

BC

You're a sick pup.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I was denied the GI Joe aircraft carrier as a child. A few things came of this:

My dad said "It's too big! Where would we put it?". At 8 feet long, I STILL managed to come up with some reasonable solutions. I was crafty at 6. My dad said "It's too expensive. We dont' have that kind of money". I said "That's OK. Santa Claus will get it for me. He's RICH."

Five minutes later, I learned that Santa Claus didn't exist.

Fast forward to today. I think to myself "You know, I oughta look around on eBay and buy it, just for kicks." Know what happened next?

"HOLY SHIT that thing IS huge! Where would I put it? These assholes want HOW MUCH for this damn thing?"

This, combined with my newfound fondess of the phrase "Stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about" has completed my transformation into my father.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#23]
You underestimate how much can be had with a rock, a stick and a pile of dog poop.

<---  had lots of fun as a kid
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This, combined with my newfound fondess of the phrase "Stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about" has completed my transformation into my father.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I had plenty of fun when I wasn't getting oppressed by The Man.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

My dad said "It's too big! Where would we put it?". At 8 feet long, I STILL managed to come up with some reasonable solutions. I was crafty at 6. My dad said "It's too expensive. We dont' have that kind of money". I said "That's OK. Santa Claus will get it for me. He's RICH."

Five minutes later, I learned that Santa Claus didn't exist.

Fast forward to today. I think to myself "You know, I oughta look around on eBay and buy it, just for kicks." Know what happened next?

"HOLY SHIT that thing IS huge! Where would I put it? These assholes want HOW MUCH for this damn thing?"

That's nothing.

I spent six months trying to convince my parents to get me a surplus cockpit out of a MiG-17 that was on display at Glick Twins in south Texas.  It was only $3,500 back then.

My parents had absolutely NO imagination.

BC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top