Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:47:37 PM EDT
I need to lose a few pounds. I see the commercial all the time for this stuff.

anyone use it?
Does it really work?
Any side effects?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no magic pill. Creatine and protien are natural but dont expect any change from anything unless you eat right and get your ass to the gym
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it works, and the medical-pharmaceutical establishment is doing it's best to suppress it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
if you are over weight, show some initiative and go run the track, do sit-ups, do whatever it takes. Not only will you lose weight, but you will feel better and have a whole lot more energy and endurance than if you try eating some water-burning pill (which, as far as I know, all hydroxycut does is burn off water weight, which is unhealthy anyways). Play pick-up basketball or hockey if you want to do something fun while exercising
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
L-Carnitine..............................
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
is it addictive?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I play basketball 3 hr once a week.do 25 situps a day. Still got a gut.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
L-Carnitine..............................

Is this where "google is my friend" comes from or are you projecting physic waves?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It dont do a damn thing, get you some Adipex, you wont be hungry and speed your ass of, that atleast works.

Paxil did the same thing for me too
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]
25 sit ups? times that by ten and get back to me
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

damn dude. I still don't suggest hydroxycut though. I had a friend that lost a lot of water weight and he looked better but was in better condition when he was fatter. I would only suggest maybe seeing a nutritionalist and a physical trainer. Maybe up the ante to 50 or 75 situps a day.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out a new product from Ergolean called AMP.  It's new but works.  It has a mild energy bump combined with a good appetite suppressant.  It has caffeine in it but it has a smaller dose than Exedrine does so it doesn't give you the jitters.  It doesn't contain ephedra either so you don't have to worry about that.  There was a write up in Muscle and Fitness awhile back about the supplement stack that it uses and they had nothing but good things to say.  I've also given several people at work a hand full of the pills and they all say it works for curbing the appetite.  I never noticed that with hydroxycut.  Plus they took ephedra out of hydroxycut so it really isn't at potent as it used to be.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Beer works better.

SG
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

1:  Basketball's great but probably too much start-stop for you to really get a significant burn out of it.  You need to do regular cardio like walk, jog, run for a minimum of 45-60 minutes per session to see real benefits.  The law of diminishing returns kicks in at 60 minutes.

2:  Situps won't get rid of your stomach fat but tones the muscles underneath making it more presentable.  However, you should up those to about 100 reps and make your ab exercises full circle.  Meaning, back exercises, crunches, and oblique crunches as well to really define your waistline.  As the fat melts from the cardio, you'll reveal a washboard like you've never seen before.

3:  Regular resistance training (weight lifting) using split routines 4-5 days/week in addition to the cardio will have you in fabulous shape if you give it about 12 weeks and don't give up.

4:  Diet is important.  Eat Clean - no processed or refined foods or sugars.

5:  You look great, now maintain that and you're good to go!

In 12 weeks, you'll be really happy with the results.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Just go to the gym and don't eat so much.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Its called a diet, dude. get what you eat, cut out the carbs after lunch, then cut what you normally eat in half, take a multivitamin and protein and creatine. Start running and going to the gym. Come back to me in 3 months. It works if you are able to stick to it.

I did the diet, 40lbs of fat loss. 185-145lbs in 3 months.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#16]
i lost 20 lbs in 2 months on a very special diet.

it's called the "don't eat so fucking much and dont sit around so fucking much" diet

When you are faced with a decision to get 2nds or not.... decide not to
when you are faced with a decision to play xbox or go running.... go running

it's just that simple. the floor (pushups/situps) is free, as is the great outdoors.  don't get ripped off on some magic pill.  the key to weight loss is personal discipline
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
YES, it helps, I used it many years ago and while taking the stuff, I went from 275 to 145. Your gonna have to work that ass off to lose weight, but the "cut" helped.

Swat out
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#18]
It's good if you feel like having a heart attack.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Pills are simply not the way and often, if there is any weight loss, it returns quickly when you stop. I know it's a drag, but BETTER eating habits, erradicating a sedentary lifestyle is what will work and be the most effective and permanant.

Some of these weight loss pills contains so much caffiene and psudoephedrines, when you take them, you can find yourself full of anxiety, jitters, your pulse races and you end up feeling like a bomb went off in your chest. Pretty much the body's way of saying "Stop feeding me that shit or I'll QUIT". This CANT be a good thing.

If your serious about dropping some pounds, eat less carbs (Don't eliminate them though, you need some carbs), drink more (much more) water, and don't eat after 7pm (This is about when the average person's metabolism slows significantly). Feel free to "graze" during the day when your moving about, AND, take a daily walk, even a mere 1 mile walk will do your body good, do this daily and at the end of 14 days, you will be surprised how well your body has responded to this.

If you are one of those that DO eat smart, and excersize like an athelete and still have a spare tire, don't dispair. It could be that this is just what your body type is, but do see a physician, for us 30 something guys, there could be a much darker underlying problem such as adult onset diabetes. Where your body makes plenty of insulin, even too much, but cells are starving anyway because the lipids  in your body are inhibiting insulin from entering cells to permit the glucose to be used as fuel and becomes stored in fat cells and THAT problem feeds its self in a vicious cycle. (Insulin resistance) Crudly explained. think of a fatty film surrounding the cell acting as a barrier to insulin. Starving cells send a signal to the brain and you find yourself feeling HUNGRY when there is still PLENTY of glucose and insulin in the body already, yet, you are driven to eat more as the brain only knows that cells are signaling "starvation" and gives you the urge to eat and eat and eat, putting more sugars in your body, and still, since the body is having difficulties using them, the body will store as much glucose as it can in fat sells and bleed off the rest in your urine, causing intense thirst (right along with intense hunger) and way too frequent urination just to rid its self from the dangerously high levels of blood glucose. Again, this problem is a vicious cycle requiring medical intervention that will also eventually include high cholesterol levels, even dangerously high triglyceride levels, all of this becomes a systemic dilemma and sets the "norm" for obesity and easily resolved with better eating habits, regular (not backbreaking) excersize and often, oral medications (A big one is glucophage and used with MUCH success), while there is NO cure for adult onset diabetes, it is a very successful treatment requiring only the same dedication you once had to stuffing your face and sitting around sedentary.

So, before you embark on a "Magic weight loss pill" that could do you MORE harm than any good, call your doc and make an early AM appointment for a fasting blood test. If you end up being in the clear, GREAT! Again, watch what you eat, yet eat enough to be satisfied, drink plenty of fluids, take walks, or even a bike ride and don't eat after 7pm and leave the magic weight loss pills to those that don't mind dying young of assorted health issues that accompany excessive leizure and late-night lil debbie cakes.

For those that want to REALLY excersize and become that physical specimine of chiseled perfection, check out www.hooah4health.com (Get ready to be sore! SOme great fitness info there) But, it doesn't come in a pill! There is no EASY way that really works.. TWO thumbs down for "Hydroxycut", it simply des NOT do what you really want it to, you'll drop a few lbs at a horrible price both in the wallet and healthwise.

ETA: Sorry for the pesky typos, I'm just hammering away and don't feel like doing a search and destroy of 'em.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

anyone use it?
Does it really work?
Any side effects?

www.hydroxycut.com/IMAGES/GATE/PRD_HYD_Trio.jpg

Yeah, but you have to take it rectally for maximum effectiveness.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

anyone use it?
Does it really work?
Any side effects?

EEK!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
3:  Regular resistance training (weight lifting) using split routines 4-5 days/week in addition to the cardio will have you in fabulous shape if you give it about 12 weeks and don't give up.

This is huge.

I've been going to the gym three times a week for the last four months and I have put on A LOT of muscle mass (gained 10lbs without a change in waist size). However, most of that muscle is still stuck under a layer of fat. The only definition I seem to have is shoulders, calves, and arms. I really need to get back on the cardio to burn off some of the fat. During the summer, I walk 18 holes four times a week which really helps to burn off the fat.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is huge.

I've been going to the gym three times a week for the last four months and I have put on A LOT of muscle mass (gained 10lbs without a change in waist size). However, most of that muscle is still stuck under a layer of fat. The only definition I seem to have is shoulders, calves, and arms. I really need to get back on the cardio to burn off some of the fat. During the summer, I walk 18 holes four times a week which really helps to burn off the fat.

I know this from personal experience...the two must go together.   You'll be amazed at the results.  Maintain your gym routine and add the cardio.  It's an awesome combo...fool proof.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

anyone use it?
Does it really work?
Any side effects?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#26]
You should smoke crystal meth.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Personally I like  Ergopharm's AMP
It is an adrenaline mimic and has all the benifits from ephedra without the sides.  It has no crash and no shakes.  Take a couple before your work out or cardio and you will fall in love.  Crazy energy and focus.  This product has my seal of aproval!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Just excercise...You can eat whatever you want if you excercise..

I once lost 30 pounds in three weeks eating nothing but McDonalds for lunch and then German food (variations of fried pork and potatoes)with beer for dinner....

BUT, I was running 90 minutes a day (straight) in the afternoon and walking 90 minutes one way into town for dinner.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It's good if you feel like having a heart attack.

No shit that's 1/2 the reason I'm on blood psi meds now. It's essentially an ECA stack. Ephedrine, Caffeine and aspirin. It's really bad for your heart. Do yourself a favor and don't take it. It's really only a stimulant and will f-you up in the long run.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

How many calories do you take in on an average day? How many do you expend? Hydration is important when loosing weight as it is a fluid and is easily flushed from you'r system and will make you think you have more mass than you actually have and should be taken into consideration. What MOST weight loss or diet pills do is dehydrate you'r body thus giving a false belief you are loosing weight, which is damaging to the kidneys and liver.

Diet and excercise is the only sure way to loose weight......
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
There is no magic pill. Creatine and protien are natural but dont expect any change from anything unless you eat right and get your ass to the gym

Creatine will actually make you'r body retain fluids thus giving that buff look some body builders seek after before going into competitions......
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You should smoke crystal meth.  

That's how I lost forty pounds of unattractive body mass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Yes, it works, and the medical-pharmaceutical establishment is doing it's best to suppress it.

seems to me it works becouse your loosing water weight probly just piss and shit out alot so when you get on the scale "OMG look honey Im losing a ton of weight"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top