Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My partner and I were working (FDNY Paramedics) on what was a quiet morning in Astoria, Queens. We were having coffee on 33 st/Bway and people watching when all hell broke loose over both the NYPD and FDNY radios. We were immediately redeployed to the Towers and arrived just prior to the second plane striking the South tower. Sadly, only one of us walked away from the collapses (Rest in peace, Carlos). I went home for the first time thirteen days later.

Frack.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Freshman in highschool. Heard someone mention the World Trade Center, and was thinking about a conversation I had about them in Civil Air Patrol. Got to algebra class and the teacher had the TV on the news, that buildings had been knoced down etc. Showed footage, the rest of the day, the kids that were left in school were justwatching it on tv.

I remember it clear as day, my hatred and anger toward those who did those things, and swore that I would join the Marine Corps and seek punishment myself firsthand.

Now, i'm a freshman in college. I have to go now, I have a meeting with the Semper Fi Society in 25 minutes at the school library. Prepping for Marine Corps OCS, which I will attend at the end of this semester for 6 weeks.

Each day is one step closer to fulfilling my goal.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My partner and I were working (FDNY Paramedics) on what was a quiet morning in Astoria, Queens. We were having coffee on 33 st/Bway and people watching when all hell broke loose over both the NYPD and FDNY radios. We were immediately redeployed to the Towers and arrived just prior to the second plane striking the South tower. Sadly, only one of us walked away from the collapses (Rest in peace, Carlos). I went home for the first time thirteen days later.

That shit just makes me cry to even think about it.  Sorry man.  

I remember the sick feeling I had when the first tower wnet down, because I know where I woudlv'e been.  Everyone looked at me when I said..."Those poor firemen.."...Then.....They got it.

I was out of EMS at the time....But I know those guys.  To fucking headstrong for their own good.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just pulling into work when they announced that the first plane hit. I figured it was some moron in a Cessna doing arial tours of the city or something. By the time I got up to my office there were a bunch of people standing around a small TV watching the news. I overheard someone on the TV say something about terrorists and I said to one of the guys "So they think it was terrorists?". He said "well it seemed pretty obvious after the second plane hit."

My jaw dropped. "Two planes?!?!?!?" I stood there watching on live TV when the first tower collapsed. The news kept saying that there were 80,000 people in each tower. All I could think was that I was watching 80,000 Americans die on live TV. Thank god I was wrong.

I'll never forget that day as long as I live.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I was playing Microsoft Flight Simulator.  When the attacks happened I was getting ready for school (I was in 9th grade).  

All we really did at school was watch TV.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Just walked into my 2nd class of the day and they put it on the TV... watched the rest of the day
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Sitting on the couch with my eldest (who was 4 1/2) while preggers with my youngest (4 months gone). We were watching cartoons before pre-school. A friend called me after the first plane. When I turned on the news, I did so just in time to see the second plane go into the building. I remember asking my friend if it was some movie...I felt foggy and dizzy...Dropped the phone and I screamed for Mr. Playmore (who was in the yard) and sat and wept for hours in front of the TV.

RIP NYFD, NYPD, and American Citizens.
We will NEVER forget.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I was laying up a room addition and the home owner came running out saying that I needed to come in and see the news. We watched his tv for a while. We listened to the news on the radio for the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Was on a fishing trip in Alaska and was on my way home.
We had flown into Anchorage and I was at the plane door for the leg home to Portland when they shut down the airport.
We spent one day in Anchorage then rented a car and drove home 2500 miles nonstop.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Sitting in Reagan Airport about 2 miles from the Pentagon, waiting for my flight..
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sleeping.  My dad came into my room around 6:00am to wake me up and tell me.  We just watched the news all day at school.

The first plane didn't hit until 8:45am.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember being very hard on the guys that day.  

Everyone wanted to call thier wives and, husbands and, I actually was yelling at people to GTF back out on post.  My reasoning was that the world just didn't stop....But it did.  I eventually let all the guys rotate in and call thier wives.  I was ok for about three weeks after it happened.....

I just started crying.  I was so sad...It was like a layer of black just came over me and, I couldn't stop crying.  It's a good thin I was in charge so I could remove myself from the troops....I probably should've been relieved because I was a mess for about a day.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
At work in Northwest Washington, D.C.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sleeping.  My dad came into my room around 6:00am to wake me up and tell me.  We just watched the news all day at school.

It is called "time zones".
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Out walking the dog with wife.  Got home, phone ringing, her sister telling us to turn on the news...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#17]
roofing a  gazebo listing to the radio in my truck
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]

I was at work employee can in said a plane hit a building. Went home on lunch to see a second had hit.
Very sad day
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I was on travel to SoCal to attend a DD(X) radar meeting at a Navy base in Corona.

I was just stepping out of the shower and happened to see the network drone on the toob talking about the fire at the tower.  The fire didn't look all that bad then.  He was blabbing something about a small plane hitting the building.  I called the missus and she said she was watching the same thing.

Just then we both witnessed the second plane hit the other tower.  I called my boss in Crystal City and yelled for him to have somebody get the big TV from the AV center and they did.  Just then he reported a big THUD...and some of the employees on the NE side of the building saw the smoke...the Pentagon had just been hit.

Back in Commiefornickstan we went to our meeting...and some of the .govs had a TV going...but after about 1000, everybody lost interest in the meeting and we all split.

I and most of my colleagues were finally able to catch a plane out on Friday.

Fortunately for me, I grew up on that area so I just spent the week meeting and greeting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you fucking look to see where he was?  Fucking brilliant.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is called "time zones".

Duh! my bad.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if you're on the Left Coast!  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I gotta admit calling BS on grief takes balls.  

Hope somone is right.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Heading downtown on 2nd ave to do a service call at the cosi sandwich shop at WTC. Got stopped, told to turn around, confusion, all hell had broken lose. "What the fuck do you mean a plane hit the WTC?" "What another plane?" "Who has the balls to do that to us the greatest country in the world." "You fuckin with me right?"..................Mutha Fucka I was pissed......  

Still carry that workorder with me in my truck
Rip to all who were murdered on that day
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#25]

We were supposed to be doing breaker maintenance at one of our power plants . We went up to the control room to get a work permit and one of the operators told us about the first plane . As we
watched the news , the second one hit .  Wasn't long before the boss man called us and said to cancel our work and get our asses back to the office . We have a Nuclear power plant about 30 miles to the North .  They REALLY freaked out .  That place was LOCKED DOWN !
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Alarm clock went off to get up for a golf game and I could tell something was wrong by lack of music.  Turned on the TV.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad day Larry? What an ass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I had just arrived to the Squadron spaces for an afternoon and evening of flying for currency (it was 1400 in Spain at the time)...   I spent the rest of the afternoon placing the squadron in DEFCON III with whoever else was in the squadron spaces... because we immediately set ThreatCon D and sealed up the base... half the squadron was sealed in the other half sealed out.    

I spent most of the rest of the day watching message traffic trying to asses where and what we'd be depolyed to swack and when....     I remember chipping in with bunch of fellas and sending one guy to the exchange to buy tooth paste and brushes for all of us so we could set in for the long haul...

It was a let down to not know a dam thing six hours later when the Spainards decided threat con D wasn't for them and opened the gates to -everyone-    I went home not knowing anything more than what was on CNN... and pissed off that we couldn't controll security at our base....  wondering who or what was next...

Four months later I was flying over Afghanistan watching operation Annaconda fall apart.... that was just as depressing.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I was on duty at the main ECP in Eskan Village, Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Reactor start-up SSN-761. Then immediately out into long island sound....with warshot in the torpedo tubes
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I heard the talking heads going on about the first tower before I left home for the hour commute into Chitown. There were a lot more people leaving the city at 9am than going in, which should have clued me in. When I got to work they were reporting the truth about both towers. Mancow mentioned nothing about it in his broadcast on the radio.

Next day I saw the images on TV. I was a new dad and had a days-old daughter and worked in IT. My thought was oh fuck, this is the implosion. It was. They ruined so much in so little time.

I still hate them. I will always hate them. All of them. "Them" is anyone who supports, admires, or provides aid or facility to Islamo-fascists, directly or indirectly.

ETA: the images of the planes hitting the towers were not on broadcast news until 9/12. That's verifiable, go google it for yourselves. None of you saw the images of the planes hitting the towers on 9/11. Might think you did, so did I.

Sorry my friend, but you are wrong; Google's claims notwithstanding . I watched the second plane hit live on TV. My wife was listening to the radio in the bathroom as she readied for work. She heard the announcement that the first plane had hit and came in the bedroom and turned on the TV, which woke me up. (Pacific Time Zone in case you're wondering why I was still asleep) I was watching it live when the second plane hit.

I do agree with you on one count though; I have always dispised Islamic fundamentalism but that day I changed into someone different. I now have a consuming deep seated hatred of any and all Islamo-fascists. A line from one of my favorite movies, Red Dawn, comes to mind. The downed U.S. pilot criticizes one of the teenagers saying "Son, all that hate is gonna' burn you up." to which the boy replies, "It keeps me warm at night."

Well, me too, damnit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope somone is right.

No one was being called out. I just didn't understand and thought maybe he meant 6pm. Relax.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#33]
After leaving a job that would have taken me there for some payback . . .  sitting in Biloxi, MS for the first day of Tech School for my new job.  

The Instructor (SSgt Mackey) came in and told us that something happened that might cause some of us to go back to their former units.  They eventually rolled out a TV just in time to see the 2nd plane hit.  At that point, I knew then it was no accident.

FYI, TV reception sucks in a former nuclear fallout shelter.

I got on a DSN phone to my former unit and told them that I would be there if they needed me.  Naturally nothing happened for some time, so I didn't go anywhere.  Just sitting on my ass in a worthless tech school while my friends and co-workers did what had to be done.

I regret that decision to cross train to this day.  Although I probably wouldn't have it as good as I do now, but none the less.  I still yearn for some sense of redemption.

I will NEVER forget that day . . . . . .

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I had just arrived to the Squadron spaces for an afternoon and evening of flying for currency (it was 1400 in Spain at the time)...   I spent the rest of the afternoon placing the squadron in DEFCON III with whoever else was in the squadron spaces... because we immediately set ThreatCon D and sealed up the base... half the squadron was sealed in the other half sealed out.    

I spent most of the rest of the day watching message traffic trying to asses where and what we'd be depolyed to swack and when....     I remember chipping in with bunch of fellas and sending one guy to the exchange to buy tooth paste and brushes for all of us so we could set in for the long haul...

It was a let down to not know a dam thing six hours later when the Spainards decided threat con D wasn't for them and opened the gates to -everyone-    I went home not knowing anything more than what was on CNN... and pissed off that we couldn't controll security at our base....  wondering who or what was next...

Four months later I was flying over Afghanistan watching operation Annaconda fall apart.... that was just as depressing.

At least you were in uniform.  I had gotten out with a very bitter taste being in the clinton army.......My eye started flareing mad when I watched the WTC go down  "Baby....You were in, you did your part..."  My wife said ..  I remember being angry 'cause I KNEW we'd just sit around and do nothing....I had just had a decade of my life devoted to that, and, I wasn't in the mood to continue.

FUCK!  I messed that one up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm an AA captain, and had landed early that morning. I was asleep when my neighbor knocked on the door and told me one of our jets had hit the World Trade Center. It was such a perfect day that I was wondering how it could have happened. I don't have a TV in my house, so I went over to hers, just in time to see the second plane hit. I regularly flew the Boston-L.A. route of Flight 11, and knew all 11 crewmembers. I wanted my kids to hear from me before they saw the news, so I called my ex. She answered and I told her it wasn't me. She said "Fuck you". .  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#36]
i was at work...i was working the ramp for Delta Air Lines  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#37]
In the recliner, waiting on the cable guy to install my modem. I was talking to my Dad on the phone about it, and told him, they are fixing to lose a bunch of firemen, it wasn't long before the first tower fell, and we were both speechless, and I will admit getting teary eyed. I think I stayed in front of the TV for a solid week. I wish one of the networks would replay the whole day, from a few min before. IMO people should be reminded of the horror of the day, without censorship. Its almost 5 years ago, but in ways it seems like much longer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope somone is right.

No one was being called out. I just didn't understand and thought maybe he meant 6pm. Relax.

Remember the movie Stalag 17
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]
My girlfriend and I were asleep because we didn't have class until the afternoon.  My mom called and was crying.  She told me a jet flew into the World Trade Center.  I immediately turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane crash.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Sophomore in college.  Roommate called and woke me up just after the second jet hit.  We were both in our college's flight program, and he was flying as it happened.  He was ordered to land and called me right away to ask what was going on.

I turned on the tv expecting somehow maybe there was bad weather in NY and assumed that was the cause...  once I saw that it was a clear day in NY I knew something was terribly wrong and seeing the replays of the second jet hitting and was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen.  I was emailing my Dad and bro, and that's when the Pentagon was hit.  My heart sunk and I knew things were changed - forever.

Shortly after that we were notified not to wear uniforms to class (ROTC was on Tuesdays at my school).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope somone is right.

I'm relaxed man.  I wasn't the one calling somone out.  I was just saying.  

Attack someone else, ok?

I'm totally relaxed.  

I'm not the one challengeing people's timline.

Just relateing my experiences is all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

ETA: the images of the planes hitting the towers were not on broadcast news until 9/12. That's verifiable, go google it for yourselves. None of you saw the images of the planes hitting the towers on 9/11. Might think you did, so did I.

Huh? That's a load of BS......All the major news outlets went live and uninterrupted at the WTC after the first plane struck. I know countless  friends and coworker who saw the second plane strike the towers live on TV.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad day Larry? What an ass.

No, I am not the ass jumping on someone about the time without considering that the time zone might have been different.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#45]
In '93-94 lived free in a corporate apt. in Battery Park City working for a Wall St. firm in 7 WTC (it came down 9/12).  Cut through one of the towers each day on the 8 minute walk to work...  I have some photos from the observation deck on the one that had it.  They had a mall underneath them...

That (9/11) was the moment I decided to acquire some firepower...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh? That's a load of BS......All the major news outlets went live and uninterrupted at the WTC after the first plane struck. I know countless  friends and coworker who saw the second plane strike the towers live on TV.

Go google it for yourself. I'm not going to debate it with you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dear god.

So....The second plane running into the building was just a fantasy.......Wow.

People wonder why I get so mad about idiots and shit like this.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Google Schmoogle! What does that prove, besides nothing?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I was moving the last of my essentials to Phoenix to my Apt. to seriously look for a job.  I had a half dozen guns and a few thousand rounds of ammo.  To top it off, my radio was a POS and when I first heard the reports, I wasn't sure if DJ's in hick towns were screwing around or what.  When I got into town, there were no commercials for 3 days on TV.  That's when I knew it was probably the most serious event in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no debate. All you have to do is read this and the dozens of related 9/11 posts throughout the years where countless arfcommers have stated they saw it on TV. Guess we're all wrong. After all, you read it on the internet..It must be true......

ETA: You're right! I just Googled 9/11 and also found out there were at least a dozen websites indicating that it was an Israeli plot perpetrated by Mossad agents utilizing remote control planes......So, not only was it not broadcast on TV, it was also perpetrated by the Izzys...Google never lies..
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top