Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:28:50 AM EDT
I guess technically they just let themselves in because she must not have locked the driver door but the point being they still got in and stole a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff.  They took her purse, which only had work badge and papers in, some CDs, and some brand new clothes.  Now the girlfriend is dumb for leaving all those goodies that scream STEAL ME in her vehicle but she female and every girl I've dated has done stuff like this so it's just something that has to be accepted.  The car was parked behind my house, the back of my house borders a church parking lot that drive all the way through it.  As such there are cars and people constantly walking or driving by are vehicles.  To make things worse the buildings on each end of the block are 4 unit apartment buildings that usually rent to scuzzier people.  The rest of my surroundings are good.  A very busy street with no parking in front, businesses across the street, a law office next door, one neighbor on the other side, and a bunch of older more established famlies on the rest of the block.  The next block over is an elementary school.  Three blocks in the other direction is a collegte.  I have lived in my house 4 years and have never had a problem.

Even though I've got less than ideal neighbors in the apartment buildings I've seen kids walking through the area and think it's more likely one of them especially since they took the Abercrombi clothes that she had.  Since they got a good score I'm thinking they will be back to at least check and see if there is anything else in the vehicle so I plan on setting up a camera.  After a couple days I plan on updating the motion lights but where her car is it wouldn't have done any good.  Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:31:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Well the girlfriend just called me and is done speaking to the cops.  The cop was a total dick.  He basically blamed it all on her and acted like she was interrupting his donut break with her petty problems.  "Why did you leave the door unlocked?  Why did you leave the clothes in the car?  Why did you park in an alley?".  WTF, it's in a lit parking lot and it's 20ft behind my house.  Now she is pissed that she took off from work to file the police report because where she works she get's written up for missing even if you have an excuse.  If cops want a good relationship with the citizens then they need to at least be nice to victims.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top