Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:10:35 AM EDT
Its not a girl its actually a couple but they are a little shady I know they poke smot.. and I know he has 1 ar and a couple of ak's but I dont know how he has aquired them.

Since my sister has mentioned that I have a interest in firearms they have asked me on several occasions when I am going to take them shooting with us.

Do I politely decline ?  or do I invite them the next time we go out to the place where we shoot
 I keep telling them maybe next weekend ...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Question #1: Are they hot?

If so then take them, but make sure they follow the range rules requiring topless shooting.

Post pics.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't want to shoot with them, politely decline. If they don't let up, be less polite.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Get to know him before you do, just because he smokes pot doesnt mean he's a gang member.

If he's got multiple AK's and an AR, he doesnt sound like a typical thug. Check it out first hand.

If his AK's turn out to be SKS'   RUN!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#4]
remember, you are who you associate with.

reputations can be a bitch to live down.

you are a gun owner, responsibility comes at a price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#5]
If the chick is hot, carry her, a bag of weed, and an airsoft.  Chances are she'll get high, not really care about the gun being fake, and you'll get laid.  Everyone has a good time.

Dont smoke that shit yourself though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#6]
man  take them with you.  if they act like an ass don't invite them again.  if they act like an ass before the shoot tell them to fuck off
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Get to know them before you take them shooting.

I used to be all eager to get other UCLA students interested in the shooting sports, since most of them have been brainwashed by the liberal media.

Unfortunately, most people who sought me out for instruction turned out to be of the "trenchcoat mafia" type kids made famous by the Columbine nitwits....

I've stopped the "standing offer," reserving it only for the hottest chicks....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to smoke a lot of pot.  I also used to be the one taking people out shooting.  Just make sure they don't get high before you go shooting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
remember, you are who you associate with.

reputations can be a bitch to live down.

you are a gun owner, responsibility comes at a price.

What he said. And if it were my sister, I'd hope I could steer her away from them. i wouldn't have anything to do with them. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been in that same situation many times with acquaintances and family members and usually just go with the "politely decline".
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#11]
They are your sisters friends, not yours.  If you are uncomfortable enough with them to ask this question then you certainly dont want to be around them with loaded firearms.  Politely decline.  If they need a reason just tell them that you prefer to shoot alone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Take them shooting.  Teach them the rules of safety.  

Have fun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#13]
be sure to bring some ice cold beer to the range too in case they get dry mouth
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Question #1: Are they hot?

If so then take them, but make sure they follow the range rules requiring topless shooting.

Post pics.

+1

Oh yeah... and the Safety stuff....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Its not a girl its actually a couple but they are a little shady I know they poke smot.. and I know he has 1 ar and a couple of ak's

male and female couple = b/f , g/f ..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#16]
If it were upto me, I'd pass. Pot and guns don't mix. (Unless you have a flamethrower to burn them all!)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If it were upto me, I'd pass. Pot and guns don't mix. (Unless you have a flamethrower to burn them all!)

well uh at the same time it doesnt! If they are alright people, take them out but be sure to EXPLICITLY explain your expectations regarding any mj use(NONE) and range safety
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Depends on what you want to achieve.

If it was me, and I didn't like this couple trying to butt in on my precious range time, I'd make sure that they were in possession of a controlled substance and a firearm at just about the same time one of my buddies from the local PD or Sheriff's Department happened to show up for a little range time.

Possession of a controlled substance + possession of a firearm = pound me in the ass prison time.

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Its not a girl its actually a couple but they are a little shady I know they poke smot.. and I know he has 1 ar and a couple of ak's but I dont know how he has aquired them.

Since my sister has mentioned that I have a interest in firearms they have asked me on several occasions when I am going to take them shooting with us.

Do I politely decline ?  or do I invite them the next time we go out to the place where we shoot

"Poke Smot"  Geez you sure you havnt been hitting it your self?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Poke Smot"  Geez you sure you havnt been hitting it your self?

Sorry that was my attempt at being funny " poke smot" it seem everyone got what I was saying though...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I would'nt do it...You'll never know for sure that they did'nt hit the pipe before you take them to the range, You don't need any accidents at the range, Getting high + loaded firearms.. don't mix, After all, it could be YOU that gets accidently shot... If you don't feel comfortable taking them, then polietly decline.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top