Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:01:53 PM EDT
When I was a kid I imagined a far different experience than what I actually have as an adult.

While I'm doing ok, suffice to say a LOT of the things I simply "expected" didn't happen.

I don't have a huge mansion style home populated with lingerie models.

I don't have a secret Batcave full of cool and useful stuff.

I don't have a James Bondish type occupation that takes me all over the world, requires a batcave and attracts droves of lingerie models.

And these were all things I seriously intended to have one day.

But in addition to the above, when I grew up I was gonna get a permit to CARRY nunchaku.

And then it dawned on me....I HAVE ONE.

My conceal weapons license allows me to carry virtually ANY WEAPON.

So instead of the asp I usually carry as a "non lethal" complement to my SIG I will now sport a pair of "chucks."

Oh happy day. My boyhood dream has come true.

Now I just gotta work on that Mansion, Batcave and those lingerie models and my plans will be complete.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll knock yourself out one day with with those.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You'll knock yourself out one day with with those.

Leave me alone, I'm busy being James Bond.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Bruce Lee`roy, watch out for those family jewels
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bruce Lee`roy, watch out for those family jewels

Ok...don't make me get all......Waaaaaahhhh......on your ass.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
You need a permit to carry those things?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
You're comfortable carrying nunchaku, but you won't go camping with Tom and Jeff and us in the National Forest...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have any nunchaku skills?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You need a permit to carry those things?

To carry a weapon...yes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Been studying Okinawan Kobujutsu since 1979.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You're comfortable carrying nunchaku, but you won't go camping with Tom and Jeff and us in the National Forest...

Que? I don't have a problem with camping. I actually wish I had the free time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been studying Okinawan Kobujutsu since 1979.

So basically, no?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

was hoping you'd make it up this past weekend for the camping and shooting, but alas...no Steyr
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]
You're gonna crack yourself in the junk.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

was hoping you'd make it up this past weekend for the camping and shooting, but alas...no Steyr

Wasn't even aware there was camping and shooting last weekend. Or where you guys are for that matter.

Also the way my schedule is I am kept pretty busy on weekends.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Those are neat I guess, but I watched Kung Fu theater and I dreamt of one more stick....

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Those are neat I guess, but I watched Kung Fu theater and I dreamt of one more stick....

www.gungfu.com/pics_general/pics_weapons/3_sectional_staff_5-ring.jpg

I absolutely agree.

They are just tricky to carry concealed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I would have been fucking geeked to hang out at your place when I was 14....and I mean that in a non-Catholic priest/young parishner kinda way. You get my meaning.

I don't partake in the skillz no more, beyond a heavy bag.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#19]
SteyrAUG camping in the forrest with a bunch of ARfcommers? Now yall know what a movie buff he is, i`m sure he has seen deliverance.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Why chain instead of rope? When I studied Kobudo, roped nunchaku were always used.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I absolutely agree.

img49.imageshack.us/img49/9198/p10032222vu.jpg

Ok, the blowgun actually made me lol.

... You need some Manrikigusari and a Kasari-Fundo to round that out?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Why chain instead of rope? When I studied Kobudo, roped nunchaku were always used.

As you can see from the above photo, most of mine are.  I have a few swivel chains from the days of Dolan's Sports and love them simply because of how well they are made.

While I consider myself a "traditionalist" I'm not allergic to modern things like some are. My "traditional" nunchaku are nylon cord and not horsehair so one could argue that those aren't really traditional.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img152.imageshack.us/img152/1677/p10032239js.jpg

As you can see from the above photo, most of mine are.  I have a few swivel chains from the days of Dolan's Sports and love them simply because of how well they are made.

While I consider myself a "traditionalist" I'm not allergic to modern things like some are. My "traditional" nunchaku are nylon cord and not horsehair so one could argue that those aren't really traditional.

Whats in the other corners ?
SteyrAUG's ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I absolutely agree.

While the fukidake isn't part of the traditional Okinawan arsenal I have it on the rack for sake of storage. As far as Kusari Fundo and Suruchin see the above pic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Now just get an Aimpoint and folding stock on that and you'll be TACTICAL!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I used to carry chucks around everywhere I went when I was a teeny bopper.  Practiced with them all the time.  Mine were homemade and I almost knocked myself out more than once (got all dark but didn't quite hit the ground).

Back then we always wore those sport socks that went almost up to your knees!  Talk about a good place to hide chucks and beer bottles.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I got some magpulls ordered from Tapco.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they're called "chuckpulls" - but from Tapco, ya' never know.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I used to carry chucks around everywhere I went when I was a teeny bopper.  Practiced with them all the time.  Mine were homemade and I almost knocked myself out more than once (got all dark but didn't quite hit the ground).

Back then we always wore those sport socks that went almost up to your knees!  Talk about a good place to hide chucks and beer bottles.

Here's a funny you will enjoy.

In my neighborhood their were lots of nunchaku "hacks" and performance contests were common. Almost nobody knew the first thing about actually fighting with them but most could spin them around like a veteran cheerleader.

Knowing that almost nobody would have target training (whenever you actually hit something they return to you and if you don't know how to redirect them you are gonna get hit next) or know how to control returned strikes I used to always sucker the idiots by saying "Hey you swing them pretty good, but how hard can you hit?"

They'd always reply that they could probably hit pretty hard.

I'd then ask them if they were good enough to bend a stop sign (because...as I would inform them....real experts can bend stop signs) and sure as shit, 9 out of 10 dumbasses would go line up on the nearest stop sign, give it a good helicopter windup and BAM smack that stop sign with everything they had. Some even managed to bend it, most managed to fuck themselves up pretty good when that stick returned to the nearest part of their body (usually the head) going about 175 mph.

Saw more than one dumbass completely knock himself out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they're called "chuckpulls" - but from Tapco, ya' never know.

I gotta get some of those rubber grip sleeves too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#31]

i gotta say, i'm pretty sure my childhood dreams will be realized if i become Steyr.

i mean, the guy's got closets full of nunchucks and machine guns. what's not to like about that life?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I don't have a secret Batcave full of cool and useful stuff.

From the pics I've seen, it looks like your batcave has some VERY cool and useful stuff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a funny you will enjoy.

In my neighborhood their were lots of nunchaku "hacks" and performance contests were common. Almost nobody knew the first thing about actually fighting with them but most could spin them around like a veteran cheerleader.

Knowing that almost nobody would have target training (whenever you actually hit something they return to you and if you don't know how to redirect them you are gonna get hit next) or know how to control returned strikes I used to always sucker the idiots by saying "Hey you swing them pretty good, but how hard can you hit?"

They'd always reply that they could probably hit pretty hard.

I'd then ask them if they were good enough to bend a stop sign (because...as I would inform them....real experts can bend stop signs) and sure as shit, 9 out of 10 dumbasses would go line up on the nearest stop sign, give it a good helicopter windup and BAM smack that stop sign with everything they had. Some even managed to bend it, most managed to fuck themselves up pretty good when that stick returned to the nearest part of their body (usually the head) going about 175 mph.

Saw more than one dumbass completely knock himself out.

pics?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#34]

You sure you don't live with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Heroes in the half shell.  Turtle power!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#36]
[SteyrAug] There's like a buttload of gangs at this school. They all tried to recruit me, mainly because I am pretty good with numchucks....[/SteyrAug]

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
jakee.shackspace.com/castin.gif

Laughing so....hard......can't....breath.....hard to type................
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is even funnier than that .40 caliber larry jackass....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

pics?

I wish.

Sadly I have very few pics from my yound and reckless youthful martial arts days. I've got some of my buddies and I punding the snot out of each other for fun.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is even funnier than that .40 caliber larry jackass....

Glad you guys like it.  I wish I could find the actual video,  I heard that the director is saying something like "are you ok man?" after mr afrochucks KOs himself on the mat.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I absolutely agree.

While the fukidake isn't part of the traditional Okinawan arsenal I have it on the rack for sake of storage. As far as Kusari Fundo and Suruchin see the above pic.

And for the hat trick, a pick of any Lotus/Aston Martin automobile and a "bat belt" with a holstered PPk.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#44]
To me, they look like somewhat awkward things to use as weapons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Glad you guys like it.  I wish I could find the actual video,  I heard that the director is saying something like "are you ok man?" after mr afrochucks KOs himself on the mat.

www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2694565

"Stay down....stay down....stay down...."
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Holy action shots, Batman!  That guy in black must be Bruce Lee!

No, it isn't Bruce Lee......Isn't that Leif Garret???

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pics?

I wish.

Sadly I have very few pics from my yound and reckless youthful martial arts days. I've got some of my buddies and I punding the snot out of each other for fun.

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADRAgMSXyuKf!A8HXTelD3u*OQZjiJAEdt1bEbPfMXQoov3onjYXBWaYqaawKRg!k2kl3xJTBwEAx9ZCqmSXL8V8b*Fb!TRzozRAgBwxxg/K1.JPG
groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QAAAAAQSnCu6gxJwOOLEpzvlKtudHpmBy2eeW0KbQjd9qdlNGw3bLjco0ovqoN!*pQptTkQYoLaBo4t!p3qaPur9CrlOl9EFAAAAAAAAAAA/K2.JPG
groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADpAgUS2Ss5fkzgJ6S7GxPUMUljIOXIuOfSF8vFHDGcuK2WG4W6dYdsH*U5T!r2Mf9ZW5hdNVpKE!lcfL3pLZK7AKThcCNxzozpAgBw7Rs/K3.JPG

That would be me. I was seven years in when those pictures were taken.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it isn't Bruce Lee......Isn't that Leif Garret???

Actually I was going for Luke Skywalker at the time.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2694565

"Stay down....stay down....stay down...."

Good find!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

No, but he has some sweet bow hunting skills and computer hacking skills
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top