Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:06:17 PM EDT
My FFL stated to me if I buy any more handguns this month he has to submit special paperwork to the ATF/FBI.

Is he pulling my leg? If not, what special paperwork is there? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It is true.  From this point on, you will have to send every other handgun to me

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like BS to me.

Then again the ATF tries makes the rules as they wish.

FREE
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My FFL stated to me if I buy any more handguns this month he has to submit special paperwork to the ATF/FBI.

Is he pulling my leg? If not, what special paperwork is there? Thanks.

Do they do background checks in Texas? If so, they already know about your purchases.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like BS to me.

Then again the ATF tries makes the rules as they wish.

FREE

Negative. Buying more than TWO hundguns in a 5 day period requires the FFL send out a multiple disposition form to the ATF before the close of business, and one copy to the local LEO's.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, just 2 3 within two weeks of eachother.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nope, just 2 3 within two weeks of eachother.

Today is Feb 26 there are only two days left in the month.  He's not pulling your leg if you bought your last one very recently.

According to Title 18 U.S.C. § 923(g), an FFL must submit a "Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers," to the ATF if an individual purchases more than one handgun within a period of five consecutive business days.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
What if you buy from another FFL and he doen't know how many you already bought?

Seems it would be impossible to police.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What if you buy from another FFL and he doen't know how many you already bought?

Only applies to buying 2 or more handguns from the same FFL in a week period. Multiple FFLs don't count.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
How many have you bought this month?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only applies to buying 2 or more handguns from the same FFL in a week period. Multiple FFLs don't count.

WTF is the point of this? Seems stupid IMO, well wait most gun laws are pretty stupid!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is the point of this? Seems stupid IMO, well wait most gun laws are pretty stupid!

Correct. Those who know of this law know it is easily avoided. I did, however, see a guy at Oshman's a week before Cristmas buy 6 handguns at once, and then got a confused look on his face when they told him there was an extra form. I filled him in before he went off a real rant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top