Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:14:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
ok. i hear people say it all the time "the drink isnt right without the ice"

WTF?!?!?!   im sorry, but if the alcohol is cold, and if the beverage you mixed it with is cold, WTH do you need frozen water for? since water has no flavor, whats the whole benifit to adding it to the drink? to water it down and deminish the great flavor?

sorry to hijack the thread. not knocking ya for using ice. im going to experiement right now, and go make a captian coke with ice. im sure i wont enjoy my cup space being used up by an iceberg but... whatever
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Grab a tall glass, fill a little over half with large ice cubes. Now fill your man-size-glass almost half full with orange vodka, (I use Smirnoff, but snobs can use better, and bums can use worse), then complete the halfway mark with some liquid sweet & sour mixer, (sold over the counter at the grocery store). Squeeze 1 or 2 wedges of lime in to it, and fill to the top with club soda. Stir lightly with the knife that you used to cut up the limes, and get yourself a big sip. I swear, it'll be half gone by the time you get back to your computer from the kitchen!

To think, I wasted the last two decades drinking whiskey and beer.

Not something I would like but it sounds great for the girlfriend.  Now I have to choose between whiskey and beer...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for when Im off Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
MMMM.. whiskey and beer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top