Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought my laptop from them, free financing for 6 months I think.   Good deal, great price, and shipping was not absurd.   Customer service has been bank-up fast, and they've got a lot of useful products.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I know I'm , but NEWEGG ROCKS!

It's the only place I buy computer stuff. My friends, who know their technology a lot better than I do, only buy from Newegg.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered them was ok, thats about it, some people think they are great, just another seller on the internet in my opinion
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]

In general order of preferance:

ZipZoomFly
Newegg
Tigerdirect

I've had good experiences with all three.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is some kind of arfcom love fest. Nobody ever agrees on one company this much. Right about now would be a good time to start bashing newegg. I heard they won't sell HP servers to civilians.

Well, I DID have a bad experience once. I accidentally bought the wrong item once and they dinged me for a 15% restocking plus shipping back. Entirely my fault, though.... On the upside, the return was a snap.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So my laptop took a beating on a trip recently and the cost to repair it is about what a new one would cost. I've gone looking for a replacement and found pretty much the same computer, just the newer model, on www.newegg.com for a much better deal than I've been able to find at any brick and mortar stores around here.

Has anyone ever bought from them, and are they reliable?

They're decent. I bought a $350 graphics card from em. fast shipping etc.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#7]
About the only online wholesaler that has it's poop in a group. You can't beat neweggs fast shipping.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Those in the know, use the egg.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Newegg is great. The best way to see how a company really is, is when there is a problem and how they respond to it:

Last month I ordered a mp3 player from them, but received the wrong model, I called them up told them what the problem was and they asked me how I would like it resolved, they never questioned anything I said, never doubted me, did not ask for proof of wrong item or anything. They took me at my word, then did exactly what I asked them to do (credit me the $ difference), and I had the credit in a couple days, it does not get any better than that. That is the model of customer service that every other online seller should hope to live up to.

I've ordered over $20,000 (personal - not for work) from them over the last few years and they will continue to get my money as long as the customer service remains top-notch. I don't even care about lowest prices, I demand the best service and I get that with newegg.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Newegg rocks. Bought several transactions totalling over $1,300 absolutely no problems.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Back when the Pentium III was the new hotness, the accidentally put two P3 800Mhz chips (at the time, they were about $400), and only charged me for one.     I love newegg
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So my laptop took a beating on a trip recently and the cost to repair it is about what a new one would cost. I've gone looking for a replacement and found pretty much the same computer, just the newer model, on www.newegg.com for a much better deal than I've been able to find at any brick and mortar stores around here.

Has anyone ever bought from them, and are they reliable?

I have bought build components from them before. They always did fine by me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Getting the computer from a store that will stand behind the order is more important to me than getting it at the absolutely lowest price.

Edit: As it turns out, the "low, low priced" link on pricewatch.com to the seller with the screaming deal on the computer I'm looking for is for factory reconditioned ones.

A factory recon one with a good warranty is a good idea.

Most of the time it is just a recon because of a single bad component (like the screen, or a motherboard with a bad capacitor) and everything else is just fine. Plus the replacement is just fine.

If you can find a recon with a good warranty, it isn't a bad way to go.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#14]
New Egg is great.  I had problems with verifying my credit card, and they still got my laptop to me overnight.  New Egg also had the cheapest price on my laptop I had seen anywhere, which is a convertable tablet/laptop from Acer.  The Egg is always a pleasure to do business with.  Highly recommended.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top