Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 2:34:37 PM EDT
I just wanted to warn everyone of my unpleasant experience with them. I think it's only fair in this community.

I ordered from them once and didn't have an issue at the time. Since then I get weekly email offers from them advertising deals and sales and such, many of which seem decent. I needed a new pair of pants and they had their 5.11 series on sale, buy one, get one pair of digital desert camo free, so I figured it was a good time.

That was on January 20th. A couple weeks go by and no brown box for me. I shoot them a call and get to listen to soft jazz for about 15 minutes before I give up. I try again. Same. I repeat this process at different times of the day (taking into account their being on PST), to no avail. I also email customer service, for which trouble I get no response. About the fourth or fifth time I call I FINALLY get someone. She checks my order and tells me:

a) They have no color brown pants in my size and don't seem to be getting any anytime soon (the 'buy one' pair). Oh, but they do have them in every size BUT the one I ordered. I thank her for the offer, but that really doesn't help as I don't intend to gain or lose weight just to improve their service. I told her another color would be fine, so we go with khaki. So I am changing my order to suit their shortcomings afterall. I can get over that, I guess.

b) They are also out of the digital desert camo altogether (the 'get one free' pair). She tells me they are expecting more in about a week or so. Okay, fine. I'm a fairly patient person, this delay doesn't chafe me too terribly.

So it's now about two-weeks since that exchange and still no sign of my order or word from them about my order. I tried calling again today and - SURPRISE - more paid-minutes off my cell phone wasted listening to more sh1tty jazz. Of course I had to call back because it sounded as if someone actually did answer the first call, but then immediately disconnected me.

In short (too late), I will try a little longer to complete this order as I've already put all of this effort into it and it is still a pretty good deal (if it ever comes through). It will, however, be the last order I place with this company that seems to care so little about their customers. I just wanted to give everyone here fair warning. Your experience may differ. But with me as of right now they're only pushing a 50% customer satisfaction rating and, I'm sorry, but that just doesn't cut it.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
At least what, once twice a week someone posts something like this about Botcach.

I try to keep away from shitty companies
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Really? Well damn.... I wish I had been paying more attention.

I'm sorry if I'm telling everyone something they already know, just trying to watch out for the brothers and sisters.

In the future I'll pay more and support the companies that have done right by me, such as Brigade Quartermasters.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I know how you can put this in perspective.

Order a FAL from DS Arms.

ETA
IT WORKED! All my internet bitchin' and moaning finally paid off. My FFL called today and said "Come and get it!" Naturally it will rain tomorrow. Looks like I'll get familiar with it in the garage.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Botach is proof there IS a sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered some 12 dollar Glock mags from them once and got them right away.  I wont buying anything else from them though to many horror stories.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, so I finally got someone to answer the phone there. Sounded like the same girl I had last time. They must have only one poor sap working the lines there.
Anyway, it would appear my shipment was just sitting there, waiting for someone to notice it so it could be shipped. Lovely. At least I get my free pair of 5.11's as I had hoped, but as promised won't be shopping there anymore.
Mike
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What's the problem with DSA?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What's the problem with DSA?

About a 6 week waiting period for delivery.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
They have great prices but it's never in stock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I order from Botach all the time. I never have problems.
I CALL them on the phone BEFORE NOON pacific time.
I CHECK AVAILABILITY on the item I want to buy.
I tell them that my order MUST SHIP THAT DAY to meet my deadline.

Yes, I know their customer service sucks, but there are some deals that I just can't pass up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it that time of the month again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top