Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:05:57 AM EDT
Anyone who reads, has read, or just likes guns and books listen up.

I read a few Stephen Hunter books while in the sandbox and liked them......even thought they would make a decent to good movie.

and then this
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=22563

WTF

hollywood sucks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Too bad Clint Eastwood wasn't about 20 years younger... he would hae been erfect for the Bob Lee Swaggert role.

Edit: could have been worse... at least it's not Leonardo Di Caprio in the role.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
They have been trying to make point of impact into a movie for almost 11 years.  It dies every time.  Last time around it was supposed to be Keanu Reeves as Bob the Nailer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]
His brother, Donny, did a good job in Band of Brothers IMO.
Maybe it won't be so bad.

Aww hell, who am I kidding.  Hollywood will fuck it up regardless of who plays Bob.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Donny did do a very good job in BoB

Marky Mark, OTOH, sucks. His 'effeminate tough guy' acting ruins every role.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Just finished Havana and thought it was a pretty good read and would make a great movie. Won't happen as long as Castro is alive.  I think I like Earl better that Bob Lee.

His politics sucks but I always thought of Tommy Lee Jones as the older Bob Lee.

If the story is good Walburg might be able to pull it off, who knows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top