Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:12:19 PM EDT
this has the potential of being a 30 year-old dupe.  however, my searches for 'overweight', 'aids', 'ayds', etc. all came up empty.

video 1:  www.devilducky.com/media/34424/

video 2: www.pistolwimp.com/media/41650/

(for those of you who dont know, AIDS was not really a known disease until the 80s, these are from the 70s)

just found what they say to be pretty darn funny (its almost better to listen to it with your monitor turned off)

if you say DUPE!!!!  please reference where it is located, cause i dont believe you
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
here is a south park episode that never aired in syndication....
Jared has Aids
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Jared has Aids

Comedy Central showed it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jared has Aids

Comedy Central showed it.

yes it did....

you are right, I missread, but it is rarely shown

This episode has rarely appeared on Comedy Central. According to one report, the channel forbade ever showing it after its initial week, because of the scene at the end where Butters was heard being beaten by his parents. CC is also believed to have forbidden any other episodes with Butters being physically abused by his family. Despite the CC ban, this episode has been shown in syndication, and other episodes have depicted Butters experiencing painful treatment.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
well i definitely hadnt seen that episode.  looks like it could be rather entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you are right, I missread, but it is rarely shown

This episode has rarely appeared on Comedy Central. According to one report, the channel forbade ever showing it after its initial week, because of the scene at the end where Butters was heard being beaten by his parents. CC is also believed to have forbidden any other episodes with Butters being physically abused by his family. Despite the CC ban, this episode has been shown in syndication, and other episodes have depicted Butters experiencing painful treatment.

... like for instance, his mom trying to KILL HIM !!!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
well i definitely hadnt seen that episode.  looks like it could be rather entertaining.

I just watched it - pretty funny...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Ayds?

My mom used to take those to lose weight in the 60's and 70's.  Carmel flavored squares.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember seeing a TV interview with the company CEO circa 1981 or '82.  He said they didn't plan to change their name since their brand had better name recognition than AIDS the disease.  By the way I think I first heard national news reports of AIDS (aka Gay Cancer) in 1978 or so.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#9]
everybody has aids!!!
aids aids aids!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ayds?

My mom used to take those to lose weight in the 60's and 70's.  Carmel flavored squares.

same here! it used to be a running battle between the kids and mom, trying to find out where she hid them...we used to eat them like...well...candy!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
It wasn't really called AIDS until later, was it?  I thought it was called GRID when it first started to be noticed.  (Gay-Related Immumo-Deficiency)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It wasn't really called AIDS until later, was it?  I thought it was called GRID when it first started to be noticed.  (Gay-Related Immumo-Deficiency)

It must have been pre-fall-1982 because that's when I started college and I rarely saw TV news or heard radio news or read the paper from 1982-86.  

By 1985-86 the lefties were predicting everyone in America would be dead by 1995 since AIDS was going to cross over into the general population and no one would be spared!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ayds?

same here! it used to be a running battle between the kids and mom, trying to find out where she hid them...we used to eat them like...well...candy!

ditto!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top