Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:52:52 PM EDT
As you might know it hailed here in the other day. I was sittin here fondiling my new mauser, when i hear this woosh sound, like rain and wind hitting the house.

So I get up and look and dont see any wind or rain, but I am still hearing the woosh sound. Then i see a single piece of hail fall down into the front lawn. So then I am about to go outside on the front purch to get a better look but forget i still had the mauser in my hand so i threw that on the couch and went outside to get a better look then the big mass of it comes down for about a minute or two.

So what im asking is. Does hail always make this woosh sound before it hits?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hail if I know.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
none that i have ever heard and we get a shitload of hail here
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds more like a downburst. or outflow.  How big was the hail?  IIRC, there were several tornados in that line.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the hail that hit at my house was only about the size of a ice cube, but at my aunts house down the street it was supposably alot bigger and did alot more damage.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds more like a downburst. or outflow.  How big was the hail?  IIRC, there were several tornados in that line.

I dont think it was a tornado, the alarms didnt go on until after the hail hit and it quit as soon as it started to hit. Plus all the tornado warnings were in illinois
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1  Microburst.  Good thing your house is not a DC10.    
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Um, alarms don't always go off before a tornado.  Sounds like that's what it was.  It was probably a very small one.  The reports I saw came out of Mo.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Hail to what? The King?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Beats the hail outta me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Might have been the crack pipe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top