Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:33:13 PM EDT
Here's the story:

My bro passed away last summer [suicide]. He had no will. His only living relatives are our Mom and me.
He had 9 vehicles, including a 30 foot Airstream trailer.

Things are moving at a snail's pace, a lawyer in the family is supposed to be handling the situation, but getting him to return calls is next to impossible. Technically, as I understand it, my mother will be the beneficiary, so it falls on her to get this shit sewed up...lots of $$$'s are being spent trying to maintain the vehicles and storage unit wiyth his posessions etc.

Mu question...is it illegal to sell one or more if his vehicles to cover expenses? I'm thinking yes, but if we were to reimburse the estate, would that fly?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The assigned executor of the estate would have to do it.  If there is no executor, the courts should appoint one thru probate I think.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a decent lawyer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get a decent lawyer.

Yeah...it's up to my mom. She's shiftless in the best of times.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]
bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top