Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:25:45 PM EDT
Hope you guys over there know what's coming out of the minarets....

Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK
By Patrick Hennessy and Melissa Kite
(Filed: 19/02/2006)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/19/nsharia19.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/02/19/ixportaltop.html

Four out of 10 British Muslims want sharia law introduced into parts of the country, a survey reveals today.

The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.

50pc said interracial relations were worsening
Overall, the findings depict a Muslim community becoming more radical and feeling more alienated from mainstream society, even though 91 per cent still say they feel loyal to Britain.

The results of the poll, conducted for the Sunday Telegraph, came as thousands of Muslims staged a fresh protest in London yesterday against the publication of cartoons of Mohammed. In Libya, at least 10 people died in protests linked to the caricatures.

And in Pakistan, a cleric was reported to have put a $1 million (£575,000) bounty on the head of the Danish cartoonist who drew the original pictures.

Last night, Sadiq Khan, the Labour MP involved with the official task force set up after the July attacks, said the findings were "alarming". He added: "Vast numbers of Muslims feel disengaged and alienated from mainstream British society." Sir Iqbal Sacranie, the secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: "This poll confirms the widespread opposition among British Muslims to the so-called war on terror."

The most startling finding is the high level of support for applying sharia law in "predom-inantly Muslim" areas of Britain.

Sadiq Khan: 'Alarming'
Islamic law is used in large parts of the Middle East, including Iran and Saudi Arabia, and is enforced by religious police. Special courts can hand down harsh punishments which can include stoning and amputation.

Forty per cent of the British Muslims surveyed said they backed introducing sharia in parts of Britain, while 41 per cent opposed it. Twenty per cent felt sympathy with the July 7 bombers' motives, and 75 per cent did not. One per cent felt the attacks were "right".

Nearly two thirds thought the video images shown last week of British troops beating Iraqi youths were symptomatic of a wider problem in Iraq. Half did not think the soldiers would be "appropriately punished".

Half of the 500 people surveyed said relations between white Britons and Muslims were getting worse. Only just over half thought the conviction of the cleric Abu Hamza for incitement to murder and race hatred was fair.

Mr Khan, the MP for Tooting, said: "We must redouble our efforts to bring Muslims on board with the mainstream community. For all the efforts made since last July, things do not have appear to have got better."

He agreed with Sir Iqbal that the poll showed Muslims still had a "big gripe" about foreign policy, particularly over the war on terror and Iraq.

David Davis, the shadow home secretary, said: "It shows we have a long way to go to win the battle of ideas within some parts of the Muslim community and why it is absolutely vital that we reinforce the voice of moderate Islam wherever possible."

A spokesman for Charles Clarke, the Home Secretary, said: "It is critically important to ensure that Muslims, and all faiths, feel part of modern British society. Today's survey indicates we still have a long way to go… [but] we are committed to working with all faiths to ensure we achieve that end."

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what happens to your country when you don’t enforce any immigration rules.

Kind of funny really… They run away from their own fucked up “nation of origin” and begin to try and convert it into the same shit hole they ran away from in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Good. It's got to get worse before it gets better and the West finds its balls
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
They're like a virus.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They're like a virus.

Best description of the ROPers yet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
40% of muslims represents under 1% of the UK population....

....they are going to have a long wait.

ANdy

They seem to be making progress at alarming speed in France.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Deport the lot of 'em.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They're like a virus.

They really, really are.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#9]
KMA

Taffy the infidel

My cousin was killed by an islamic bomb made by an Islamic terrorist and planted in the name of islam.
I have the right to my opinion. K.M.A.

Durka
Durka
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They're like a virus.

Good thing the antidote comes in 2 doses: 5.56 and 7.62

This shit is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better, I'm afraid
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They're like a virus.

You mean they're tiny containers of RNA that punch holes in cells and inject their RNA into the cell, and the RNA tells the cell's DNA to begin creating more viruses at the expense of the cell's resources, and the cell doesn't know anything is wrong, but eventually the cell bursts and dies?

That's actually a pretty good analogy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]
It appears as if the UK should deport at least 40% of the Muslim population.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

They seem to be making progress at alarming speed in France.

Th Muslim population of France is between 10-12% and predominantly from North Africa, very radical and mostly unemployed.

The Muslim population of Britain is predominantly from India and Pakistan, is not very radical and mostly employed and comprise some of Britains richest people.

Asian 'Rich List'

None of the 9/11 terrorists or London bombers were members of the underclass, either. Exactly the kind of people whom nobody suspected.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

ANdy

They are dropping babues all over though, add immigration to that and it won't be long.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like 60% aren't telling the truth. Ask them when they are in the presents of their Imam and it would be closer to 100%.

It is a war of ideas and culture.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
We're gonna see this come to a head in our lifetime gentlemen, no question.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They're like a virus.

Cancer
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
KMA

Taffy the infidel

My cousin was killed by an islamic bomb made by an Islamic terrorist and planted in the name of islam.

Durka
Durka

Sorry about your loss. What does KMA mean?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
KMA

Taffy the infidel

Durka
Durka

Sorry about your loss. What does KMA mean?

Kiss my arse
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They're like a virus.

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Please-oh-please-oh-please let the muzzies in the U.S. be stupid enough to try to enforce their will on me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

ANdy

Andy, they may only represent 1% of the population now, but they are reproducing at an astounding rate.  This coupled with the fact that 'white' Britons are not even able to maintain their current population spells disaster within 20-25 years.  

The U.S. has a similar problem with illegal immigrants from (mostly) Mexico, but at least they are Christian.  They will still destroy this country by bleeding us of our resources and outpopulating/crowding out whites and blacks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#24]
The sad thing for the ROPers is that every civilization that has tolerated their POS religeon only do it for a short time and eventually slaughter them or convert them. Look at the history books . WE as a nation have only had a moslum footprint that has hit the spotlight in the past 20 Yrs in this country that is trying to gain political power, along with the commies and every other belief that puts a sour taste in our mouths, they get nothing but forgotten as the next threat comes around.
Now. Turn this into a religious conflict as alot of scholars are implying and WE turn this into a civilization thing and sadly everyone knows what will happen......
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Please-oh-please-oh-please let the muzzies in the U.S. be stupid enough to try to enforce their will on me.

careful what you wish for.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder if the percent that opposed it were the female muslims?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:36:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:41:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
And you guys really shouldn't worry too much about Britain, your postion is FAR worse as regards immigration!

Ours are Catholic.  It is a marginally better proposition.  At least they won't be strapping bombs to themselves.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:41:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

ANdy

Sorry to you hear that you have that many of them ANdy.    
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:46:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

UK 2005: 59.5 Million
UK 2050: 65 Million

US 2005: 296 Million
US 2050: 450 Million

www.prb.org/Template.cfm?Section=PRB&template=/Content/ContentGroups/06_Articles/Hispanics_Account_for_Almost_One-Half_of_U_S__Population_Growth.htm

Simply means there are more of theem to draft into our military to then be used against the countries of origin when we engage in more of our "war mongering".        Oh, the irony!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
And you guys really shouldn't worry too much about Britain, your postion is FAR worse as regards immigration!

Population predictions:

UK 2005: 59.5 Million
UK 2050: 65 Million

US 2005: 296 Million
US 2050: 450 Million

Hispanics Account for Almost One-Half of U.S. Population Growth

by Carl Haub

(January 2006) With a population growth rate of nearly 1 percent a year, the United States is the fastest growing developed country in the world. While many European countries are facing population decline, the U.S. population is growing as fast as or faster than many developing countries. And the total population of the United States (currently at 296 million) is expected to reach 300 million some time this summer—and about 450 million by the year 2050.

A relatively high birth rate and high rates of immigration are usually credited as the reasons for the United States' comparatively rapid population growth. Women in the United States average about two children each—far higher than most European countries—and 1.2 million people immigrate into the country annually. But exactly how do those factors interact to produce continuing population growth?

The answer—that the number of U.S. Hispanics is growing faster than any other racial or ethnic group—uncovers some surprising aspects to both present and projected population change in the United States. While the population pyramid for white non-Hispanics in the United States resembles those of European countries, the relative youth of the U.S. Hispanic population means that it will supply much of the U.S. population growth for decades to come (see figure).

www.prb.org/Template.cfm?Section=PRB&template=/Content/ContentGroups/06_Articles/Hispanics_Account_for_Almost_One-Half_of_U_S__Population_Growth.htm

So now you're equating Catholics to Muslims?

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Did radical Catholics invent the term "suicide bomber?" Did radical Catholics plant bombs in the London transportation system? Was it Catholics who bombed the trains in Spain? Was it 19 Catholics who commandeered and then utlized passenger aircraft as bombs? Do you have numbers that say 40% of Catholics want to change the US Constitution to one that is bound by Catholic law?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Did radical Catholics invent the term "suicide bomber?" Did radical Catholics plant bombs in the London transportation system? Was it Catholics who bombed the trains in Spain? Was it 19 Catholics who commandeered and then utlized passenger aircraft as bombs? Do you have numbers that say 40% of Catholics want to change the US Constitution to one that is bound by Catholic law?

There are similiarities in that both enter a nation with the intention of commiting crimes in it.  So far the illegal alien problem has cost the US much more then Muslim terrorists have caused England.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

ANdy

True
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Crosses fingers
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
They're like a virus.

They have problems with everyone else and don't think it's their fault.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We haven't already?

One more fuckup on US soil and it will be open season on terrorists and those who support them, no bag limit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Can anyone say 'Viva Aztlan'?

i1.tinypic.com/o56ioz.gif

and these guys seem to have an agenda...

aztlan.net/

I don't think vito is talking about a religious problem with the Mexican invasion, just pointing out how immigration is also harming the US in a very serious way, albeit not a religious one.  And that the same argument - for immigrants "out-breeding" the original population is probably more a problem with the hispanic immigrants in the American southwest, than muslims in Britain.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
This is what happens to your country when you don’t enforce any immigration rules.

Kind of funny really… They run away from their own fucked up “nation of origin” and begin to try and convert it into the same shit hole they ran away from in the first place.

It must be human nature because the same thing happens around here when people move out to some nice quiet rural area to escape the urban cesspool they hate and bring all their FU's politics and ideas with them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Can anyone say 'Viva Aztlan'?

i1.tinypic.com/o56ioz.gif

and these guys seem to have an agenda...

aztlan.net/

You are pointing to a few wackos. The problem with Islam is the problems seem widespread. If it's 40% in Britian, what's the percentage in France or Germany? Or our 'moderate' Muslim states like Turkey? 40% is a high percentage of people who want to take a current legal system and replace it with a theocratic legal system. I would bet that applies to Muslims in this country as well.

As far as Latin American immigrants are concerned. I see this as no different than 100+ years ago when Italians and Irish were coming into this country and people bitched about them and about how they were taking jobs away from good protestant Americans and about how undesireable they were. I don't see an Italian or Irish nation. I still see the good ol' US of A. I expect our immigrant population from the south will also see themselves as Americans first. If not them then their children or grandchildren.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I don't think vito is talking about a religious problem with the Mexican invasion, just pointing out how immigration is also harming the US in a very serious way, albeit not a religious one.  And that the same argument - for immigrants "out-breeding" the original population is probably more a problem with the hispanic immigrants in the American southwest, than muslims in Britain.  

Illegal immigration maybe harming the nation; however, I haven't seen a study that calculates the cost/benefit. So that's an open question.

Ever see Blazing Saddles? "We'll take the c**'s and n**'s but no Irish." People 100+ years ago had the same concerns with the flood of immigrants from Ireland, Italy, and Eastern Europe. Polish jokes debuted then, and it wasn't to welcome immigrants from Poland.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Thank you DK, exactly.

Even if the ENTIRE population growth for the UK in the next 45 years was solely muslims, (and it won't be), it would still only mean 6.7 Million muslims in a population of 65 Million, @ 10%

The USA has a hispanic population according to the US Census of @ 40 Million now, @ 13%, you have another 140 Million to be added to the  population by 2050 who will be largely Hispanic.

If we assume only 50% of the growth is from Hispanics, we get a US Hispanic population of @ 110 Million in 2050, @ 25% of the US population.

So the reality is that muslims will never achieve a majority status in any region of the UK, but non-hispanics will become a minority in the southern States of the US.

ANdy

And what threat does that pose to the US? Oh wait, outside a few nutcases, it doesn't. It just means the make up of this countries demographics will change, yet again. Sorry pal, the US of A isn't defined by a race. We're defined by values. The greatest threat to our values is radical Islam and liberal in power.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as Latin American immigrants are concerned. I see this as no different than 100+ years ago when Italians and Irish were coming into this country and people bitched about them and about how they were taking jobs away from good protestant Americans and about how undesireable they were. I don't see an Italian or Irish nation. I still see the good ol' US of A. I expect our immigrant population from the south will also see themselves as Americans first. If not them then their children or grandchildren.

Nope, things seem to have changed significantly since the last wave of Immigration to the US in the 20th Century.

Multiculuralism allows immigrants to stand aside and not integrate into their host countries, it's been a disaster in the UK and Europe. The US did not do 'Multiculturalism' when it last experienced large scale immigration.

When you stepped off the boat at Ellis Island in 1906 there was aboslutely no concessions to your 'ethnicity' or language. You were coming to a country were English was the only language of the .Gov and it expected you to learn it no matter were you came from, and you were expected to integrate into the anglo-saxon dynamic.

Now you have Spanish being taught as effectively a second language in schools and the .Gov has it's websites and documentation  in Spanish too....

ANdy

The key here is multiculturalism, not the immigrants, is the threat. And since it is a subset of liberalism, it has already been identified as a threat.

True there are more concessions to the non-English speaker, but you forget that many immigrants never learned to speak English. Only their children, and sometimes their grandchildren, would learn the new language. I'm willing to bet you see the same dynamic going on. Except now the IRS prints their tax forms in Spanish, as well as a whole host of other languages, in order to help these new Americans pay their taxes.

BTW, nice diversion, again. Anytime there is something even somewhat negative about the UK posted here, you manage to derail that discussion and parlay that into some issue you know is a hot-button issue on this board. In this case, you're playing the illegal immigration card. Which, btw, has absolutely nothing to do with Muslims in the UK wanting Religious law. Well played.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We haven't already?

One more fuckup on US soil and it will be open season on terrorists and those who support them, no bag limit.

I wish.  Unfortunately, that probably won't be the case.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#50]
It's a damn shame this is happening in Britain, and a lesson, too.  It all came about with this love everybody liberalism which started to set in after WWII.   There was peace in the Western world, from these creeps anyway, when a British Army stood over them; and, only a British Officer really knew how to deal with them.  Maybe it wasn't peaceful there, but these wild people weren't making trouble here or in Britain.   No, it isn't  a pleasant way, or PC or any of the other fairy tales people want.  It was the way it was, and is.  The trouble is, now there is no one to deal with the savages.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top