Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 3:10:04 PM EDT
How does Hornandy 200gr. JHP/XTP rate on the "hot" scale... I need something LOW powered.. I found a box at the fun store and need to know before I shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about Hornaday but Blazer 10mm wasn't that fierce if memory serves.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Blazer has a snap to it... If its similar then I dont want to shoot it in this pistol...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill save this stuff for my Witness I guess....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How does Hornandy 200gr. JHP/XTP rate on the "hot" scale... I need something LOW powered.. I found a box at the fun store and need to know before I shoot it.

Finding girlie-loads for 10mm is not that hard thanks to 40S&W. Out of a G21, Blazer is 983 fps.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
gmtmaster: I've never shot that stuff, but looking at the factory spec, I would guess this ammo is pretty powerful.  May I suggest that you see a reloading freind and have him/her make up some lower power 10mm rounds for you.  I have a borderline collectible Colt Delta Gold Cup, and I load my 10mm loads at around 45ACP levels to prevent damage to the frame and me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
gmtmaster: I've never shot that stuff, but looking at the factory spec, I would guess this ammo is pretty powerful.  May I suggest that you see a reloading freind and have him/her make up some lower power 10mm rounds for you.  I have a borderline collectible Colt Delta Gold Cup, and I load my 10mm loads at around 45ACP levels to prevent damage to the frame and me.

I have a NIB Bren Ten that I HAVE to shoot... Ive got some 946fps loads being made up, but I grabbed these as the box shows 1050fps... But its a 200gr. bullet  so itll have a snap to it... The hot stuff is fine in my Witness... But not in the Bren. The gun is very well made, but much lighter in weight than I expected..Ill have a sample of those loads this week.. So Ill just wait.

Thanks for the advice.... Much appreciated!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top