Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:39:34 AM EDT
I'll be shootng it in a Garand and a 03A3. One positive for the Greek ammo is it comes in enbloc clips.

Greek .30-06 Ammo-HXP (Pyrkal) manuf/boxer primed-768 rds/cs
M2 Ball .30-06 caliber - packaged in 8 round Greek manufacture
enbloc clips,
6 clips per bandoleer, 4 bandoleers per spam can, 4 cans    
per wooden crate (768 rounds per case).  Manufactured by    
Pyrkal (Greece).  Boxer primed, non-corrosive.  Headstamp  
varies, HXP62 - HXP80.  Sold in case lot only.              
Price $168.00 per case, S&H $38.00 per case.  Weight 73 lbs.
THIS AMMO ATTRACTS A MAGNET.                                

Price: $168.00 (21.8 cents per round)

M2 Ball-Surplus 30.06 Lake Cty 960 rds/cs
This ammunition is packaged 20 rounds per box, 12 boxes per
can, 4 cans per case (960 rounds per case).  Cases we have  
opened have all been LC-62 to 72.   Sales are by case      
lot only.  $192.00 per case + $38.00 S&H per case in the    
continental US -The bullet attracts a magnet. Ammo is delinked M2 ball.    
NON-CORROSIVE                                              

Price: $192.00 (.20 cents per round)

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
how many clips & bandoliers do you have?  If you think you don't have enough, get the greek.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If I ever get my service grade Garand from CMP I'll be shooting the greek stuff.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Both

The best place for info on the CMP ammo is at the CMP Forum.

www.odcmp.org/new_forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=22
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
There is plenty of good Korean surplus available for 20cts/rd as well at quite a few places....also in clips and  bandoleers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is plenty of good Korean surplus available for 20cts/rd as well at quite a few places....also in clips and  bandoleers.

Most places selling it, list it as being corrosive....some don't. That makes me think all of the Korean 30.06 is corrosive.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most places selling it, list it as being corrosive....some don't. That makes me think all of the Korean 30.06 is corrosive.

That is correct.

While shooting corrosive ammo in the bolt gun isn't a really big problem, I wouldn't want the corrosive stuff in the gas system of my Garand.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:18:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I would get all the Lake City ammo I could before I picked up any of the Greek
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]
While the LAST person I want to get into a disagreement with is Mr. Painless, there is plenty of non-corrosive Korean 30.06 on the market.

The corrosive Korean is headstamped "KA."  The non-corrosive stuff is the "PS" headstamped ammo.  The corrosive stuff is almost always sold in enbloc clips by the bandoleer, usually in 384 round lots.  The PS stamped stuff is sold in boxes, without the clips, and is usually slightly more expensive.

I have quite a bit of both.  Just be sure of what you're buying, and you'll have no problems.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
While the LAST person I want to get into a disagreement with is Mr. Painless, there is plenty of non-corrosive Korean 30.06 on the market.

The corrosive Korean is headstamped "KA."  The non-corrosive stuff is the "PS" headstamped ammo.  The corrosive stuff is almost always sold in enbloc clips by the bandoleer, usually in 384 round lots.  The PS stamped stuff is sold in boxes, without the clips, and is usually slightly more expensive.

I have quite a bit of both.  Just be sure of what you're buying, and you'll have no problems.

No problem.

Sounds like you know a lot more than I do about this subject.

I was just agreeing with TacticalStrat that some sellers say their ammo is corrosive and some say the same stuff isn't.  I tend to treat it all as "possibly" corrosive.

If I could identify it by headstamp as you suggest, I might feel differently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top