Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:53:44 PM EDT
I need to know how to change the combination on mine
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  The way to change the combo is in the documentation, which I have at home.

If you haven't gotten it figured out by the time I get home, I'll post it for you.....

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine for $400 since it had a scratch on it, didnt come with a book
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I found this on Granite Safe's web site - they make the Winchester safe sold at Sam's.  I don't know if it applies to all of their models.

"Note: Your safe has a factory set combination. No two safes have the same combination. If you wish to change your combination, contact a local safe technician. Specialized tools and knowledge are required to change the combination."

www.granitesafe.com/instructions.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
IM sent

the factory preset combination is 1,2,3,4,5,6

when you key in the code, you have 4 seconds to open the door or it will re-lock

to change the combination:
1.) enter existing combination - open door and keep it open while changing the combination
2.) enter six (6) zeros. this puts it in programming mode
3.) enter existing combination
4.) enter new six (6) digit combination
5.) enter new six (6) digit combination again
6.) wait 10 seconds and then enter new combination again
7.) if successful, you will be able to rotate handle.
8.) if safe will not open, then it is still the original combination. Start over on step 2.

4 unsuccessful attempts to open the safe results in a 5 minute blackout.

Changing the battery should be done with door open. Verify that the combination still works properly before closing the safe.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one and it is well worth the money. I paid $581 for mine and Gander mountain was selling the same size safe for over $1000.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got one and it is well worth the money. I paid $581 for mine and Gander mountain was selling the same size safe for over $1000.

I been wanting to get it for awhile.

for $400 what was plenty of motivation
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one and really like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top