Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2001 11:21:53 AM EDT
I just picked up a Beretta 96 40 ca. w/2 clips, box and booklet, brand new for $475.00 including the tax. Was this a good transaction?
Dealer needed cash flow..
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just picked up a Beretta 96 40 ca. w/2 [b]clips[/b], box and booklet, brand new for $475.00 including the tax. Was this a good transaction?
Dealer needed cash flow..
View Quote

Sounds like a good deal to me.  I hope it came with a couple of magazines too.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds decent, but not a "screaming" deal.  For new WITH tax, not too bad.

Around Houston, new is about $495 - $525 before tax (add 8.25%).  Most new auto pistols come with two clips, so that is normal.

Beretta makes a fine firearm, so you made a good decision (kudos for the .40 decision instead of 9mm).  You probably saved about $60-$75 overall.  Considering the incredibly low margin on pistols, you probably got the gun for $20 over the dealer's cost.  I wouldn't complain about that kind of deal!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with that deal...
Thats about average price around here...
I've got a 92FS & a 96, Love them both...
(Mags interchange too)

You won't be disappointed...
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a fair deal. Enjoy shooting it!

[heavy]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you get the certifacate for the free pistol valt. I got a 2 tone Beretta 96 2 weeks ago for $475 plus tax and They are offering a FREE Beretta pistol valt ($150 value) for anyone who buys a new Beretta between July 1 and Augest 31. If your dealer didnt have any mail in certifactes for the FREE valt let me know I will run to the locol store and get you one. All it will cost you is $16.95 for shipping. Its free may as well get it.
SCAR
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a 92FS last year for about 535 NIB with 2 MAGAZINES, one 10 rnd, and one 15 rnd.  PUT HOGUE GRIPS ON IT.  You will have to change your boxers everytime you pick it up...lol.

Its the MOST comfortable handgun I have ever picked up.  Even more than the P99.

my next purchase will be a 96 ELITE.

Also, someone mentioned magazines being interchangable between the 92 and 96...can someone elaborate on that or clarify?
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got a 92FS last year for about 535 NIB with 2 MAGAZINES, one 10 rnd, and one 15 rnd.  PUT HOGUE GRIPS ON IT.  You will have to change your boxers everytime you pick it up...lol.

Its the MOST comfortable handgun I have ever picked up.  Even more than the P99.

my next purchase will be a 96 ELITE.

Also, someone mentioned magazines being interchangable between the 92 and 96...can someone elaborate on that or clarify?
View Quote

Your 92FS sounds a lot like mine.

[center][img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40%2Fpistol%5Fberetta92fs2%2Egif[/img][/center]

I also replaced the factory recoil spring and rod with a Sprinco ([url]http://www.sprinco.com/[/url]) recoil reducer.  The recoil is incredibly low now.  It's extremely easy to keep on target too.

Yes, the 92 and 96 magazines are interchangeable as far as fitting in the magazine well.  I've even heard you could use a 96 magazine with your 92 for higher 9mm capacity.  I personally wouldn't try it.  They were designed for 2 different calibers.  Just pick up some high-cap 92 mags if you want to shoot more than 10 rounds at a time.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
You did really good, I paid $530 for my 92.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
marksman14,

It's true.  96 mags fit perfectly into the 92's.  I've shot with them in a 92 with 0 malfs.  

It's my belief that they're basically the exact same mags with different sized followers.  One follower being longer than the other.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:34:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I would measure the seperation of the mag feedlips also, I think you will find the 40's being just a smiggin dider, that may or may not cause problems.
BrenLover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top