Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:02:57 PM EDT
Had a light dusting of snow.  Hit Sam's Club the day before to get something to cook (had some stuff in the freezer already).

Meat with Rub--Goes into the Refrig. overnight.
On the Bottom--boneless pork shoulder butts (Wally World had a special, so I stocked up and froze), then Spare Ribs (Rib 'tips' are underneath).   Beef is Bottom Round.

Chicken Thighs--brined for several hours.  Cheating on them...using a commercial rub (got lazy..had plenty of Pork Rub and Beef Rub, but was out of Chicken)

Into the Gas Smoker...

Part Way through the Smoking...Combo of Cherry and Hickory Chips.  Ready to Spray with a combo of Apple Cider Vinegar, Apple Juice and Honey

Pulled off the Smoker...

Pulled off the Smoker (finished off in the oven as the temp outside was dropping and it was getting late)...

Pulled off the Smoker...

Pulled off the Smoker (Forgot to get a photo of the Pork Butts)...

Beef...Cut into 1" Cubes after cooling overnight in the refrig.  Took the juice after refrigerating, skimmed the fat and re-added to the meat (gives a nice extra flavor).  Ran through the food processor for a couple of coarse chops.   EXCELLENT for tacos, chili, anything you can use shreaded beef instead of ground beef.  

Pulled Pork (also cooled overnight in the refrig--again re-added the juice, makes very moist and flavorful).

Froze all the stuff.....

I'd post a dinner pic, but I lost all my guns in a tragic skydiving accident.

AFARR
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks delicious.  Lots o' work.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
awesome.......I'm hungry all over again and can almost taste it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
SWS--yeah, a bit of work (the gas smoker makes it fairly easy to do the actual cooking), but now I have a freezer full of stuff.   Vacuum sealed, so just re-heat and it comes out great after work, etc.

AFARR
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Pulled Pork (also cooled overnight in the refrig--again re-added the juice, makes very moist and flavorful).
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/JohnFootDr/IMG_1207.jpg

AFARR

Another ARFCOM BBQ Masterpiece.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
AWESOME!!!!!!!  My mouth is watering.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AWESOME!!!!!!!  My mouth is watering.  

+1
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow very nice, I need to go eat dinner.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Ummm...something rather fishy about a bowl full of ground "meat" sitting in front of cans of Ol'Roy dog food!

ETA:  Aside from bad photographic form(dog food near chopped "meat") it looks awesome!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually:

This is my Vacuum Cleaner--

AFARR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top