Page / 2
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:09:00 AM EDT
read about it in the other thread.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
[popcorn]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]
its a peice of metal or two that sends you to jail, by doing the following... when the bolt carrier closes all of the way it cams the rear hook of the trigger group off of the hammer allowing it to fall. it uses the rear pin for the pivot. and as long as the front hook on the trigger does not engage it keep shooting

you need a m16 carrier for it to work right
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It is used by the Transformes to charge up their energy cubes.  No clue how it works.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Basically, it's a drop-in part that makes an AR fire full-auto.  In order to be legal, it must be accompanied by a BATFE tax stamp and proper paperwork.  Otherwise, it gets you a 10-year vacation at Club Fed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Basically, it's a drop-in part that makes an AR fire full-auto.  In order to be legal, it must be accompanied by a BATFE tax stamp and proper paperwork.  Otherwise, it gets you a 10-year vacation at Club Fed.

hmm whats the point in having a Full auto only AR 15...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

you answered your own question!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
it gets you a 10-year vacation at Club Fed.

LOL sure, listen i would never do it i was just curious to the court ruling about home built machine guns.

but you realize that people get less than a year in jail for armed robbery?

no way you are getting 10 years in Fed lockup for simply a gun violation (unless you are a felon)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Slightly off topic - I picked up this bottle opener at the last gun show.
Any idea how it works?

Kidding, obviously.
This is a registered lightning link. (not mine)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Any idea how it works?

Kidding, obviously.

I think this is the bottle opener:

The one you show is a letter opener.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
its a peice of metal or two that sends you to jail, by doing the following... when the bolt carrier closes all of the way it cams the rear hook of the trigger group off of the hammer allowing it to fall. it uses the rear pin for the pivot. and as long as the front hook on the trigger does not engage it keep shooting

incorrect. a LL uses all AR15 parts to function. in fact, you wouldn't even be able to close the receivers with a 16 carrier in place. that was one of the perks to using the LL in the first place though. there were no external or *internal* changes made to your gun.

DIAS on the other hand uses all 16 parts.

both will send you to prison unless you paid wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much money for it and it came with a little stamp for 200 smackers.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#11]
GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can still shot single shots as long as you release the trigger on time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be real interested to hear from Vets over in Iraq on how much they actually use full auto?   It seems to me if you gave me the option of a full-auto only/maybe even select-fire AR or the semi model, monetary value not taken into question, I'd take the semi.   Seems more practical.  Course, I never was very smart.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Shhhh!....Don't talk about it, the ATF could get you on conspiracy charges...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Dead-serious question: If one gets the required tax stamp FIRST, can you MAKE yourself one?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL sure, listen i would never do it i was just curious to the court ruling about home built machine guns.

no way you are getting 10 years in Fed lockup for simply a gun violation (unless you are a felon)

Yes they would! The ATF WILL do EVERYTHING in it power to give you a 10 year sentence and you will never touch another firearm for rest of your life.

The ATF is NOT our friends and want to DESTROY the RKBA
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
How a Lightning Link works.

How a DIAS works.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Dead-serious question: If one gets the required tax stamp FIRST, can you MAKE yourself one?

Only if you went back in time to 1986 or if you become a SOT.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can still shot single shots as long as you release the trigger on time.

There are kits that allow select fire operation with a LL.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they would! The ATF WILL do EVERYTHING in it power to give you a 10 year sentence and you will never touch another firearm for rest of your life.

AGREED!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be real interested to hear from Vets over in Iraq on how much they actually use full auto?   It seems to me if you gave me the option of a full-auto only/maybe even select-fire AR or the semi model, monetary value not taken into question, I'd take the semi.   Seems more practical.  Course, I never was very smart.

I am not a vet but to answer your question, very little, if not zero. Most M16s in the currently in the military now have burst instead of auto. Unfortunately, the burst feature as implemented in the M16 is really bad since it utilizes a non resetting cam. To properly fire 3rd bursts, the trigger must be held down until the burst has completed. If it isn't held down for the entire duration, for instance only two shots are fired, the rest of the burst will be completed on the next pull of the trigger (only one shot for the example).

I think that the military should replace burst with auto because it can be useful, whereas burst is not. But to do that they'd need to provide proper training on its use. I seriously doubt the beancounters would approve it though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not a vet but to answer your question, very little, if not zero. Most M16s in the currently in the military now have burst instead of auto. Unfortunately, the burst feature as implemented in the M16 is really bad since it utilizes a non resetting cam. To properly fire 3rd bursts, the trigger must be held down until the burst has completed. If it isn't held down for the entire duration, for instance only two shots are fired, the rest of the burst will be completed on the next pull of the trigger (only one shot for the example).

I think that the military should replace burst with auto because it can be useful, whereas burst is not. But to do that they'd need to provide proper training on its use. I seriously doubt the beancounters would approve it though.

I agree burst really blows and like you said its slow compared to FA.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, you try it and then let us know how it goes...

Watch out for yer cornhole, man.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#24]
full automatic and burst fire is the sign of a lazy rifleman. full auto is great for ambush supression and breaking contact. burst is weak in these areas and i have almost never used it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, you try it and then let us know how it goes...

Watch out for yer cornhole, man.

Yeah right, i have a perfect record and have been inside a few prisons, walking the yard is not a fun experience, if you ever feel like doing something bad visit a Prison, those bad thoughts will cease

I'm just saying I have been sitting through many hours in court lately and it would fucking amaze you the crimes that people commit only to receive informal probation

my new favorite was the illegal alien felon/drug dealer leaving a high school, who you guessed it got probation, how the hell can you be on probation if you are not even allowed in the country.

we sure have a fucked up CJ system here...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#26]
oh and the kicker he was carrying a little POS (raven .25)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#27]
<I>Dead-serious question: If one gets the required tax stamp FIRST, can you MAKE yourself one? </I>

Yes.  But the 1986 bill effectively banned all new manufacture so they will deny it.  So then you will have to sue the ATF for not letting you excersize your 2nd ammendment rights to build a weapon.  You'll probably at least have to prove that either your manufacture of the weapon does not affect interstate commerce or that the 86 ban was unconstitutional.  You might just win on the fact that the 86 ban itself is illegal because rather than make anything illegal, they just decided not to accept the tax.  In any case, get started now! If you can get it all the way to the Scotus, you probably will get a big + from Alito and Thomas.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#28]
And if you live in a state like CA, they might wait the 10 years and then take their shot at you when the Feds let you out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#30]
3.) Posting or linking to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items.

there ya go    

[A clear violation. I'm going to draw the line right there until further notice - Paul]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You are full of shit.
It is legal.  
It requires no M16 parts and would not even fit in a M16.
Scott Bell invented a 3pos selector that works well with a RLL.
SWD is rumored to have registrered 536 RLL's.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yes.  However.  There is a step you must first do before the tax stamp.  Time travel to before the 19th of May, 1986.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Jail is not a friendly place.  Not worth it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:22:15 AM EDT
[#34]
The lightening link is such a cheezy hack mod!

I'd be more embarrassed than scared to be caught with one!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  However.  There is a step you must first do before the tax stamp.  Time travel to before the 19th of May, 1986.

No problem. I'll get right on it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your post suggests "intent" and if  they dont nail for you  for "Intent", they always get you with  Federal Tax Evasion since it requires a stamp

Eitherway, you will loose at the end of the day
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any idea how it works?

Kidding, obviously.

I think this is the bottle opener:

www.quarterbore.com/images/JCBDIAS_01.JPG

The one you show is a letter opener.

I always thought this was supposed to be a bottle opener:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
3.) Posting or linking to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items.

there ya go    

[A clear violation. I'm going to draw the line right there until further notice - Paul]

Lemme guess...the shoestring pic?

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you provide evidence of this (10 years in prison)?. Every time I ever contacted ATF after arresting gangbangers with fully auto weapons I have ALWAYS  been told not to worry about it (no federal charges) or asked stupid questions like "how many did they have?" (apparently 3 was not enough). Not once did they ever care. Now that was of course with thugs, with everyday Americans it could be different ,as I would never call ATF for catching an average joe with anything auto I can not comment on that
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you provide evidence of this (10 years in prison). Every time I ever contacted ATF after arresting gangbangers with fully auto weapons I have ALWAYS  been told not to worry about it (no federal charges) or asked stupid questions like "how many did they have?" (apparently 3 was not enough). Not once did they ever care. Now that was of course with thugs, with everyday Americans it could be different ,as I would never call ATF for catching an average joe with anything auto I can not comment on that

I love Leos that use common sense, Good Man
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there ya go    

Lemme guess...the shoestring pic?

No, it was a drawing of the specifications for a LL. I dont know why it was removed, it's not illegal to build one, given you have the proper license.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Can you provide evidence of this (10 years in prison)?. Every time I ever contacted ATF after arresting gangbangers with fully auto weapons I have ALWAYS  been told not to worry about it (no federal charges) or asked stupid questions like "how many did they have?" (apparently 3 was not enough). Not once did they ever care. Now that was of course with thugs, with everyday Americans it could be different ,as I would never call ATF for catching an average joe with anything auto I can not comment on that

If something is said enough times here at numbnuts.com it automatically becomes truth.

Ten years, Bubba, Club Fed..  etc.  Nevermind that there's not one case to be cited where someone actually did 10 years for simple IMG possesion.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
And if you live in a state like CA, they might wait the 10 years and then take their shot at you when the Feds let you out.

LOL sure, and even if you got convicted you would never get 10years for possession, if you were a 1st timer  say goodbye to being able to own a gun and your collection and say hello to community service.

Do you really think we have the resources to lock up non violent people prison with no record?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If something is said enough times here at numbnuts.com it automatically becomes truth.

Ten years, Bubba, Club Fed..  etc.  Nevermind that there's not one case to be cited where someone actually did 10 years for simple IMG possesion.

MarkM, in your infinite wisdom, consider the penality is written as up to 10 years imprisonment, not 10 years.

If you think 3-8 years is a bargain, why don't you order one of the pre-81 DIASs from shotgun news and start blasting?

(and by the way, there are lots of cases where people have done several years or more of jail time for simple possession of MG)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

MarkM, in your infinite wisdom, consider the penality is written as up to 10 years imprisonment, not 10 years.

If you think 3-8 years is a bargain, why don't you order one of the pre-81 DIASs from shotgun news and start blasting?

Send me a link!  I'll run up and down the damned sidewalk in front of the ATF office with it in my hand yelling "w00t!", "Chuck Norris", and "87!", TOUGH GUY!

(and by the way, there are lots of cases where people have done several years or more of jail time for simple possession of MG)

That's proof enough for me!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck spending 200 bucks on one, Ive got the plans to build them if you want em.

ETA:For all legal purposes of course.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The lightening link is such a cheezy hack mod!

I'd be more embarrassed than scared to be caught with one!

+1
If you are gonna get busted on MG possesion, at least have it be the mint M1928A1 Thompson you found in the attic of your late grandfather.
You might get off on that one, with a sympathetic jury.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/ackbar1.gif

There is no law against educating yourself about mechanical functions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/ackbar1.gif

There is no law against educating yourself about mechanical functions.

It's a bit of a joke.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top