Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:52:17 PM EDT
It looks like I'll be loaned some 1960s vintage 35 mm slides of M14 rifle items.  I'd like to turn these slides into digital photographs and return the 35 mm slides to the owner.  Where can I get these slides made into color photographs?  Sorry for the noob question but I'm photographically challenged.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I had ProEx do some for a couple of years back
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Find someone with a newer flatbed scannerthat has a slide scanner option, or someone who has a slide scanner. A film developing store may be able to do it also.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the decent name manufacturer scanners will do slides or have some kind of slide attachment.

They're pretty cheap too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most of the decent name manufacturer scanners will do slides or have some kind of slide attachment.

They're pretty cheap too.

They were pretty cheap several years ago, as brand-new merchandise. Now, on the used market, they're dirt-cheap - Typically, under $30.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:21:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, Gentlemen.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
You're gonna laugh, but ... you can actually get fair quality in macro mode with your digital camera shooting a close-up of the slide in front of a good "white" light source. Try it. If the quality isn't good enough, use a pro shop or a better method. But this is "quick & dirty" and maybe good enough.
Stay safe
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Find someone with a newer flatbed scannerthat has a slide scanner option, or someone who has a slide scanner. A film developing store may be able to do it also.

+1 Best way
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top