Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2001 6:41:01 AM EDT
Surely this fine weapon should have been included in the top 10 guns of all time.  The AK47 was there, and so was the Garand.  Anyone agree/disagree?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't put it in the Top 10 of all time. I would put it in the Top 30.
Both the Garand & the AK were revolutionary. The AR was just refined.
Other choices for Top 10 in no order.
The Henry
The Peacemaker
The 1911
The Mauser Smallbore
The Colt Walker
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Both the Garand & the AK were revolutionary. The AR was just refined.
View Quote

I'd have to disagree that the AR-15 wasn't revolutionary. A light weight select fire military rifle made of primarily aluminum and plastic firing a varmint round. At least give it the top 15. It didn't have the impact that the M-1 did and I would have put the STG 44 in place of the AK since it was the first true assault rifle. The only thing the AK really has going for it is ease of production. If that's the criteria they should have put the M-3 grease gun in their too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top