Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:20:33 AM EDT

I'm going on my lunch today to get a pair of work coveralls for a painting job this weekend.  Scored a pristine overcoat last month - $4.88 .

Anyone else get any pearls from a thrift store or flea market?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Fun to look in.  I have bought brand new, still have the tag on Chaps Ralph Lauren polo shirts for $4.

Go to the mall and see them for $40 on sale.

I like 90% off

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Where else do you get original 1980's rock shirts?

Rockin' the Whitesnake shirt circa 1985 turns heads.  Used to have a sweet Joan Jett shirt but it fell apart.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I found a black nylon pistol carrier bag with 4 elastic loops (on the inside for mags) for $1.00 at a thrift store.

ETA:  It was a no name, made in the USA product.    
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm going on my lunch today to get a pair of work coveralls for a painting job this weekend.  Scored a pristine overcoat last month - $4.88 .

Anyone else get any pearls from a thrift store or flea market?

thrift store:
A pair of Do Martens <sp?> for ~$5
lots of Levi 501 jeans for cheap.  I refuse to buy them new because of their BS support for PAX, a gungrabber .org.  Buy new Levi 501s=give $$$ to PAX, buy used jeans from thrift store=Levi Strauss Inc doesn't get a dime to give to gungrabbers.

flea market:
Remington Nylon 66 $100
Mossberg 5500 $125
misc tools
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't really clothes shop there but it's a great place to pick up cheap paperbacks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I like going there to pick up chicks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife lost 40# and has been hitting all the local thirft shops to replace her wardrobe, God bless her. She scored 20 tops, 3 pairs of pants and a pair of shoes for $70 last week. Many were never-worn and most were stuff she won't pay "new prices" for.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Don't really clothes shop there but it's a great place to pick up cheap paperbacks.

yep
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I mainly go there to drop stuff off but I like wandering through the aisles from time to time. Leather jackets, nice shirts and whatnot can be had for pennies on the dollar.

I've heard about people making a killing on sports paraphernalia at thrift shops too. IF you ever find a hockey jersey (or other sport, but I know about hockey jerseys) BUY IT, particularly if it has wear or sew repairs on it. I guarantee you, you will not regret it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I got an nearly new silk 3 piece Armani suit a few years back for $8 bucks in a thrift store, couldn't fit in the bitch, so I gave it to my dad, calls it his funeral suit, wears it to all his friends burials, told me when he dies, he wants to be buired in his overhalls with his suit pressed and folded at his feet, just incase he need to go somewhere important after he reaches the end of his trip.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I've found a few name brand running shoes, like new for less then 5U$ :)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe ya'll kin aford them fancy places but I do way better at rummage sales in trailer parks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Like-new genuine goosedown-lined jacket last week: $3.25
Excellent-condition pair of Pioneer HPM-60 4-way speakers last month: $19.95
Best score ever: Electronic cash counter - bought for $12 at Goodwill, sold on ebay for $645.

Here in SA, all of the computer stuff at Goodwill is now sent to one computer-only outlet store. Their prices are a tad higher, but everything is pre-tested, and comes with an exchange warranty. Excellent selection, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top