Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:44:26 AM EDT
Man hangs himself on airline flight.

DENVER (Reuters) - A Florida man hanged himself in mid-flight aboard a United Airlines plane after being accused of arson at a Miami car dealership, police said on Thursday.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Flight 209 from Washington to Los Angeles was diverted to Denver on Wednesday after the body of Gerald Georgettis was discovered hanging in the jet's lavatory.

"All signs indicate that this was a suicide," Jackson said.

Miami-Dade police detective Robert Williams told Denver radio station 850-KOA that Georgettis drove through a car showroom in Miami last Saturday in a new Ford Escape he had recently bought there.

He then poured gasoline on the vehicle and set it and several other vehicles ablaze. He was apparently upset at the financing deal he had got.

"No one was hurt, but he was charged with arson and criminal mischief," Williams said.

Why was this guy allowed to get on a flight? Obviously he was a terrorist....

Repeat after me "We are safer since 9/11, the Patriot Act has made us safer, TSA has made it safer to fly, Homeland Security has made us safer."

Flame away neo-cons
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Rated on a scale...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Troll? Who's trolling, I don't see no troll.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Look at the first post in the thread.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Charged but not convicted. Therefore, not yet proven guilty. By using your logic, Bill Clinton would not have been allowed to fly after being indicted for lying to a grand jury. (For which he was DISBARRED).

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at the first post in the thread.

I spent valuable time on the first post to insure it was clear, conscise and accurate.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]
TSA "Have you made a major purchase in the last few days?
Passenger "Why yes, I have"

TSA "Are you in any way unhappy with the deal you got or unhappy about anything else in life, except the fact that Bush was elected twice>

Passenger "Isn't this plane going to Europe?"
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Charged but not convicted. Therefore, not yet proven guilty. By using your logic, Bill Clinton would not have been allowed to fly after being indicted for lying to a grand jury. (For which he was DISBARRED).

felons can still fly, but can't you see this man was accused of being a VIOLENT offender, don't you think he should have been red flagged? He obviously became homicidal on the flight.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#8]
He must have been a real short guy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#9]
No. He became suicidal while on the flight. It's amusing that you can't distinguish between the two....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He must have been a real short guy.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I would say you've gone off the deep end, Dave...but clearly you left the deep end in your rear view mirror YEARS ago.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]
If anything the police should have held him for a psych eval.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No. He became suicidal while on the flight. It's amusing that you can't distinguish between the two....

It's all bush's fault, the administration got fox news to start calling the suicide bombers homicide bombers, just carrying on for the sake of the administration.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Dave...

They are called Homicide Bombers because they take OTHER lives besides their own...

Ted...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top