Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:59 PM EDT
cross posted from the SF.  Links incoming.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=435392
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/capitol_evacuation;_ylt=Ak4wQ6YelZ0HKBSsnwE.UOGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

WASHINGTON - A Capitol office building was evacuated Wednesday night on a hazardous substance alert after police discovered a suspicious powder in its attic, authorities said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The     Homeland Security Department was investigating, but a senior counterterror official said it did not immediately appear to be an emergency.

Hazardous material teams and firefighters were dispatched to the Senate Russell Office Building after a sensor tested positive for a dangerous substance, the counterterror official said. A second test proved negative, and officials were conducting a third test in the evening for more conclusive results.

However, the official said the tests were a precautionary measure.

It was unclear what potential substances were detected, but the official said there was no indication of a nerve agent. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the investigation was continuing.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
we know
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I get my news here first.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I get my news here first.

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hazardous material teams and firefighters were dispatched to the Senate Russell Office Building after a sensor tested positive for a dangerous substance...

They found pieces of Ted Kennedy's liver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]

It's probably a box of wig powder from the olden days.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top