Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 4:59:15 AM EDT
Cant gun makers be a little more original then this?   AR stocks on the 556, its been on the ugly PTR K guns. I probably have forgotten a few.  But they just dont look right.  I guess for the guys that are used to them its OK but I would prefer the original designs.  For me the the 556 might not make my gun safe because of the stock.  The original stock was different and worked well. But I guess it also cost a lot more.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
And if the aftermarket crowd brings up folders for the Sig, would you buy one?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Depends on the price.  You have to figure a SIG stock is not going to be a $100 item.  I would think more like 5 times that especially with demand.  I am sure they did this to keep the price down and to put out something that the buyers are used to using already.  But it looks like a Franken gun that TOAD photoshopped and put out.

So to get it to the way most would want the rifle configured, you are looking at $500-1000 more.  

Not to mention they will need time to get the bugs out in the first year.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the price.  You have to figure a SIG stock is not going to be a $100 item.  I would think more like 5 times that especially with demand.  I am sure they did this to keep the price down and to put out something that the buyers are used to using already.  But it looks like a Franken gun that TOAD photoshopped and put out.

So to get it to the way most would want the rifle configured, you are looking at $500-1000 more.  

Not to mention they will need time to get the bugs out in the first year.

What bugs? I seriously doubt there would be any, it *is* still a Sig on the inside. The big changes were the stock and the front end. Shouldnt be any bugs there, unless the didnt pin it on right and it falls off. Which would suck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Heres a question for you Doc. Look real close at the reciever pics.
Where the hell does it eject from? I see no place a 556 round would fit through the reciever for ejection. The slot for the cocking handle looks too small. The slot behind it looks like it *might* take a 556 case, but for the bolt to go back that far it looks like it would have to have a buffer tube in the stock like a AR15.

Am I just a fuckin idiot this morning, or whats going on here??
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the raised optic rail and plastic rails on the forend is more of a travesty than the stock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where the hell does it eject from? I see no place a 556 round would fit through the reciever for ejection. The slot for the cocking handle looks too small. The slot behind it looks like it *might* take a 556 case, but for the bolt to go back that far it looks like it would have to have a buffer tube in the stock like a AR15.

The usual place for it to eject is just the same as an AK.  I think the pics are not totally accurate.  But SIGs usually eject from there.

I can tell you anything that is built from scratch at a new facility will have bugs.  Maybe not many but there will be things they will find they will need to change or make alterations. As far as SIGs go, You havent owned one of the first GSRs have you?   Well I did and the fucker didnt work right and SIG took it back and I ended up witha 220.   So NO COMPANY is immune from start up bugs.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#7]
What's wrong Doc?  Stinky vaginas got you all worked up again?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I also took a second look to find out what you were mentioning and what you are seeing is a portion of the bolt it self.  If you look closely at the watermark pics you can see it on one of the lower ones.  So the bolt will retract to allow the shell to eject.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Travesty?

You clearly haven't seen what MagPul's been putting out recently!  

dig the UBR stock pics in the AR forum...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Looking at the pics over at the SIG forum, it looks like the stock is held on with 2-3 countersunk screws...It just might be a easy change out to a folding stock...I'm sure the handguards are also easily changed. But I agree that one should'nt have to spend $1300 for one of these and then have to buy a folding stock, and handguards to get it the way you wanted it in the first place. SIG screwed the pooch with the tele stock and railed handguards...  Anybody know how accurate these rifles are?? same as a AR? Better?  The first person to make a folding stock, handguards, that closely matches the orginial, and are quality items and can be installed on the 556 will make millions overnight... Over at the SIG forum they are lapping up the kool-aid....They all think it's just wonderful,  "Oh, thank you for making this for us"... I wanna puke..The 556 needs some "refinement"  Most people want something that closely follows the orginial 550 NOT something that looks like another AR....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#11]
There is no way in hell im buying that with a f*cking AR stock on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I have AR stocks(and grips) on a FAL and an AK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top