Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I did a post about lucid dreaming a couple years ago. I do it all the time.

I can also figure shit out in my dreams for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I once had a dream where I was a horse fly.  I was buzzing around a barn and there was this cute vet working on a horse.  She asked some guy to help by holding onto the horses cock.  

He cried instead.  He was mumbling something about his small penis.

His duaghter was laughing at him too.

Very strange dream

okay...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I once had a dream where I was a horse fly.  I was buzzing around a barn and there was this cute vet working on a horse.  She asked some guy to help by holding onto the horses cock.  

Very strange dream

okay...

It's something from the team area.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very strange dream

okay...

It's something from the team area.

I don't wanna know.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've also had those stupid nightmares where you teeth start falling out. I've had those so many times over the course of my life it was funny the last time I had them.

I was at work, it was night and we were closing up. I had to go do some stuff in the stockroom, then I chipped a tooth. I went to the restroom mirror to check it out and my teeth started falling out into the sink. I then realized this shit only happens in dreams, so I must be dreaming. I woke up a little bit later.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been able to enter some semblence of a lucid dreaming state a few times.  My trick is to wrap a semi-tight rubber band around my wrist when I go to bed.  Sometimes in the dream I will notice a discomfort around my wrist and realize that I put that there before I fell asleep.  The dreams tend to get more interesting from there.

Can't say as I've ever actually taken complete control of my dreams though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have been able to enter some semblence of a lucid dreaming state a few times.  My trick is to wrap a semi-tight rubber band around my wrist when I go to bed.  Sometimes in the dream I will notice a discomfort around my wrist and realize that I put that there before I fell asleep.  The dreams tend to get more interesting from there.

Do you realize how weird you sound?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have just the opposite problem. *If* I do dream I don't remember them. I often go for months without dreaming or even being aware that I did. Occasionally I will remember a dream and the funny thing about it it usually turns into a dejavu kinda thing. It used to annoy me but now not so much.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, this isn't an altogether wierd thread to being with?  Seriously, this trick has worked for me before.  Dunno if it'll work for others.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had this dream the last few nights, where I wake up to the sound of someone openning my front door.  I get up quietly, grab my pistol, and ease to the top of the stairs.  My only pistol at this point is a Cz-52.  Anyhow, I empty the mag on them down the stairwell and don't manage to hit them once.  I end up being overtaken, held down, and taken hostage.  Then, at some later point in the dream, I realize "O YEAH! I just bought that AR.  Its under the couch/under the bed/behind that door.  Invariably, I manage  to get to it and waste the badguys.

I've taken this to mean I need to buy an AR.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm usually doing two chicks at the same time.

So yes, I know when i'm dreaming.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:30:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Happens to me 2-3 times a week. It's help me a lot with my business and long range shooting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, this isn't an altogether wierd thread to being with?  Seriously, this trick has worked for me before.  Dunno if it'll work for others.

Whatever works...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess I just fail to see what's so odd or funny about a rubber band, MEI2757935.

DanSharp-
The thing with the same pants all the time, that's rather similar to what I've heard is a way to break the regular dream state and enter a lucid one.  You have some object that you know when you see it you need to ask yourself if you are dreaming or not.  I've tried it with finding the letter A in my dreams but it's not seeming to work for me.  I don't find myself in an eye doctors office looking at charts much.  Think I'll have to switch it up for some physical object and see how that works for a while.

Keeping a dream journal by your bedside helps make you more aware of your dreams, along with dream recall.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#15]
For me, it's a fine line between lucid dreams and consciousness.

There have been a few occasions where I can become aware that I'm in a dream, then "take control" to some extent.  

But for the most part, by the time I realize I'm dreaming, I go ahead and wake all the way up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a window break in my apartment years ago in the middle of the night.  It was an attempted break-in.  Seeing someone's arm dangling around in the window frame while the curtain billowed around... It was right out of a goddamn nightmare.

For a long time after that I would hear breaking glass in my dreams, and finally I got to the point where I would realize it was just a dream and not wake up.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top