Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
snowboarders wear helmets and what occurs is more neck injuries just below the back edge of the helmet...so with cars, less concusions and more cripples...that will increase health care costs...

I've heard for years about helmets causing neck injuries. I think in whatever accident occured, the neck injury (or worse) would have happened anyway. Professional race drivers wear helmets and I don't think it's because they are willing to accept a crippling neck injury.
Or are you saying a fatality is better than a serious injury? After all, dead people don't need health care.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
in MA, they ticket you for not wearing a seatbelt, but its illegal to have a five-point belt in your car...How about that?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think there's any question some sort of head protection would provide additional protection in a car wreck as would well designed 5 point seat belts.  That's not really what I was getting at.  Our governing tyrants live to take our freedoms as they have done via the great tobacco scam.  When will they (if ever, because it is slightly sensible) force us to do something that might actually save a young life?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the solution!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's the solution!

www.sportriders.com/2000_rides/061800/helmet%20car.JPG

Genius!  Just turn the entire vehicle into a helmet!z
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Forgive me because I don't have a cite/link to back this up but I seem to recall a guy a few years ago getting stopped just because he WAS wearing a helmet while driving his car.  IIRC he cited saftey as being the reason he was doing it but the idea didn't go over very well with the po-po.

Can't recall if he was ticketed or not.

Have to do some Googling and see if this actually happend or just some net-lore that I dimly recall.

Kid I played football with got a ticket about 6 years ago for having his football helmet on while driving his truck.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top