Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:04:24 PM EDT
IBTP is teh ghey!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
IBTP is teh ghey!

I resemble that remark.

I never heard of it until just recently........here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Its so gay employers look to see if you have an account, if you do, you don't get the job.

Can't have anyone with teh ghey working for them now can they?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I would not have one unless I was chasing around the whores. I hear that is about all it is good for.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an account.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have an account.

+1

However.. I never use it.

Facebook is easier.. and less scary.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have an account.

+1

However.. I never use it.

Facebook is easier.. and less scary.

I log in all the time.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Facebook is just as gay.

All these sights cater to sheeple and dumbasses.  Its a fad.  Its sad.  Go out in the REAL world and get some friends or a date!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would not have one unless I was chasing around the whores. I hear that is about all it is good for.

I tried it but never found any
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
1 for "have a profile there". No actual pics of me and basically nothing about me. Just a pic of my dog and basic info like the state I'm in and the high school I went to. Just made it too, since I read that thread about finding old schoolmates through it. So far, I've found 2 people I wish I had stayed in contact with and will probably exchange phone numbers with to stay in touch again. With that said, most of the profiles I waded through to find these people were full of jackasses, ethug's, emo-kids, and glammour queens. 90% of the girls there fit nicely inside the typical trend mold. What gets me is how many kids on there are "striaght thuggin" or are doing stupid shit like posing with a bandana and a bb gun (yes, I saw a few.)

Lame and useful at the same time... What I don't understand is how anyone who hangs around in general more then any other part of the site can critize a group a people for doing something similar..
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one. Get nothing but gay dudes looking for a hookup.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an account and it teh suxors.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have an account and it teh suxors.

The "Search" and "Browse" functions currently(for me) are fubared.  

The IM never works.

Other people for some reason can't add people.

It has frequent periods of slowness.

BUT:

I have found 16 people I know from college/high school.

There are cute wiminz on Myspace.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

those aren't wiminz.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

those aren't wiminz.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
All these sights cater to sheeple and dumbasses.  Its a fad.  Its sad.  Go out in the REAL world and get some friends or a date!

That's my impression as well.

It all seems so sad. People doing it because everyone else is doing it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd vote for the last option, but saying "teh" is just as assinine as myspace.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'd vote for the last option, but saying "teh" is just as assinine as myspace.

some things can only be killed via overuse.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have an account.

I think that's where he spent his 'hiatus'.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I wouldn't say it's great, but I have found a few people I knew in the past.    Alot of glitches with their site though.  I think I get error messages at least once every 3 logins.  Whatever.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an account, but mostly use it for keeping up with people from high school & college.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Never heard of it
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I have an account there.  It is not ARFCOM related though.  It will probably stay that way.  Dont want to scare all the girls away
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I only keep in touch with old friends through there too.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#26]
All the cool kids are joining the 10mm gun group on myspace!

The 10mm Group
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#27]
www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/03/D8FHG9T07.html

Police are investigating whether as many as seven teenage girls have been sexually assaulted by men they met through the popular Web site MySpace.com.

The girls, ages 12 to 16, are from Middletown and say they were fondled or had consensual sex with men who turned out to be older than they claimed. None of the incidents appeared to be violent, said Middletown Police Sgt. Bill McKenna.

He said it was difficult to determine the exact number of victims because some girls have been reluctant to disclose that they met their assailants online.

The social networking Web site allows users to create profiles that can include photos, personal information and even cell phone numbers.

In a statement Thursday, MySpace.com said it was committed to providing a safe environment for its users. The site, which includes safety tips, also prohibits use by anyone younger than 14, though a disclaimer says the people who run the site can't always tell if users are lying about their ages.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#28]
looks like several of the guys caught on the dateline nbc predator special tonight were using myspace.com

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Police are investigating whether as many as seven teenage girls have been sexually assaulted by men they met through the popular Web site MySpace.com.

The girls, ages 12 to 16, are from Middletown and say they were fondled or had consensual sex with men who turned out to be older than they claimed. None of the incidents appeared to be violent, said Middletown Police Sgt. Bill McKenna.

He said it was difficult to determine the exact number of victims because some girls have been reluctant to disclose that they met their assailants online.

The social networking Web site allows users to create profiles that can include photos, personal information and even cell phone numbers.

In a statement Thursday, MySpace.com said it was committed to providing a safe environment for its users. The site, which includes safety tips, also prohibits use by anyone younger than 14, though a disclaimer says the people who run the site can't always tell if users are lying about their ages.

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LISTING PHONE NUMBERS AND THAT KIND OF SHIT ON YOUR MYSPACE?!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LISTING PHONE NUMBERS AND THAT KIND OF SHIT ON YOUR MYSPACE?!

who are you angry with, the teenage girls, myspace, or the guys who had sex witht he girls?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

who are you angry with, the teenage girls, myspace, or the guys who had sex witht he girls?

Well if you didn't put yourphone numbers on the site, you'd have a less of a chance of stuff like this happening.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well if you didn't put yourphone numbers on the site, you'd have a less of a chance of stuff like this happening.  

ah, so the young girls are to blame, eh?

Now the whole "deej86 / myspace.com" thing gets a whole lot more interesting.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah, so the young girls are to blame, eh?

Now the whole "deej86 / myspace.com" thing gets a whole lot more interesting.

The thing is, crime prevention works on both sides.  If you don't put your phone number and/or address on your myspace, then you won't have a problem.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah I'm a MySpace fag.  Not proud.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

repent now, before it's too late.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#36]
The real cream of the crop posts on craigslist or adult friendfinder.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I can't figure out what people actually USE it for other than finding old high school and college friends, but it works great for that, very addicting.  I wouldn't build my social life around it, but it's nice that I've gotten in touch with old friends without having to pay for the privilege (Classmates.com, I'm looking at YOU).
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The real cream of the crop posts on craigslist or adult friendfinder.

ah, craigslist - the freaks are always good for a laugh.

The more I look at myspace, the more it disturbs me. what a freakshow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
All the cool kids are joining the 10mm gun group on myspace!

The 10mm Group

d00d!
I just joined!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Wanna add each other?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wanna add each other?

Man, get a freaking room!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top