Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 3:36:33 PM EDT
Two more guys at work and, surprisingly, my brother. He has finally realized that owning a few guns of different types might just come in handy. The two guys at work have finally gotten it thru their heads also and I'll be helping one [LOOKING for him] find what he needs. My bro will be going to the next show with me as I know a few vendors. We'll be looking for a new 870 with the BBL combo.[Shot/rifled slug]. He then wants to get a good centerfire rifle, pref a mid caliber. Been working on him for quite a while. Bout time he finally came around. He also wants to get a CCW. I'll take him shooting for a while first tho with a pistol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
JMO, unless he hunts skip the shotgun and get a rifle, preferably a EBR type.  They are good enough to stick into the hands of a recruit and train fairly quickly.  Add to that a decent pistol.  I prefer auto's.  Hell you can get a AK for the price of some shotguns these days.

Just keep after him to keep shooting, make him go with you every weekend or something so you know he is practicing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top