Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:51:16 AM EDT
I gotta admit I'm kind of digging the reggae stylings of this guy. Who would've guessed a hassidic white boy could make good reggae.

Anyone else listen to him?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like their song called "Chop 'em Down".
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
hearing his one song on the radio, then heard the song he did with POD.

most likely he will be completely gone from the airwaves in a year.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just had this Christian family the other day tell me how awesome this guy was. They were just raving about him. Maybe I should check it out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I worked his show on Christmas eve at one of our clubs in Philly. General admission, the place holds about 850 people. It was funny, a lot of older people. All asking "what, theres no place to sit????"
His music is ok, if you close your eyes. Its just too strange to see him sing. He is coming to a large venue in Philly next month. I dont think I will sign up for this show. Once was enough.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to check it out..     belive it or not, I love to listen to reggae music
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both of albums.  Daily listens for me.

- G
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked the live version of "King w/o a Crown".  I didn't care for the album version.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup.  Love it.  I am bummed I missed getting tickets to his upcoming show in my town.  It sold out very fast.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Good music!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Excellent stuff.  I think my favorite is "Got No Water," followed by the live version of "Refuge."
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#11]
im kinda diggin it too.   my GF is also.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the little I'v heard,  feel good music.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#13]
he's not going away folks.  He might not be on the charts again, but he's gonna keep making music cause he's got a HUGE jewish audience that will always buy his albums, go to his shows hire him for parties, etc.

And he's got a 2006 album due out anytime now that is one of the most looked-forward-to of the year.  Even though he has another album out (MUCH more reggae, MUCH better than the stubbs one!), this will be considered his all-important sophmore album, since he technically is a 'college band' (college crowds made him) and most of them fizzle out in their second album.

The problem with him fading away is that every single one of his songs is based on a certain jewish book - tanya - and there are endless themes in it and all of them listeners can connect with on their own level.  That's why chabad lubavitch works - the ideas are so universally applicable.  He's basically just espousing their values and ideals through reggae.  Quite well too.  I love it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw Matisyahu in concert last year, and will be seeing him when he is in town this month.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Played quite a bit on the local station.  But I can't really get into it without Cartman popping into my head about the hippies, etc.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, if Jewish guys can become hardcore hip hop icons (Beastie Boys), then how come they couldn't become Regge mon?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Album version of Warrior is my fav.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
+1   Chop 'Em Down

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top