Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:19:37 PM EDT
Well, I put the Mini-Y comp on my AR, and took it out to the range. I like it! It doesn't appear to affect accuracy at all, and it's doing what it's supposed to do. Yeah, it's a little louder, but jeeze, it's a .22! It ain't no battle rifle.

Greatly reduces jump. Reduces recoil to about 1.5X of .22 LR.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I just KNEW I'd get accused of being a troll.

WTF is it with the Mini-Y haters around here? The thing works GREAT!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no love for the mini Y comp.  If you want everyone at your local range to get pissed and leave, then yea it works fantastic.  

--VT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just KNEW I'd get accused of being a troll.

WTF is it with the Mini-Y haters around here? The thing works GREAT!

WHAT?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF are you talking about?  Where is your imperical data showing that the fawking thing acutally does anything more than piss off shooters next to you?

Post some fucking data or shut the fuck up ya damn retard!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one for a short while. It was damn good at its job, but was soo fucking loud I couldnt stand it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had one for a short while. It was damn good at its job, but was soo fucking loud I couldnt stand it.

I still have one on one of my ARs, and I cant stand it either.  As long as I am wearing hearing protection, it isnt too bad, but I definately dont take that rifle coyote hunting after going tone deaf one time.

Just got to quit procrasticating and send it to ADCO to have a phantom installed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WTF are you talking about?  Where is your imperical data showing that the fawking thing acutally does anything more than piss off shooters next to you?

Oh, I see - I guess I should have bought $19,000 of testing data just so that I can convenience you?

That it, Speed?

OK, then.

I'm just posting my OBSERVATION - RETARD.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a 11.5"/ 5.5" Bushy barrel, just so I'd have an excuse to take the comped barrel off the M4gery and send it to Adco for an exchange FH.  (It's also an excuse to build another carbine, just don't let the 'lil lady know)

--VT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
all it took was shooting the thing once without wraparound eye protection for me to fall in hate with it.  was wearing a pair of normal sunglasses, and the blast thrown back at me was enough to make my eyes water.  this was before i went prone.  

when shooting prone with the mini-y, be prepared constantly to be hit in the face with the dirt, sawdust, pebbles, saplings, parking stops, HMMW-Vs, churches, and entire tectonic plates that the comp throws back at you.

the noise is no big deal.  after all, you aren't standing next to you while you shoot.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
[Deaf M60 gunner in BHD] ... WHAT ??? [/Deaf M60 gunner in BHD]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I see - I guess I should have bought $19,000 of testing data just so that I can convenience you?

That it, Speed?

OK, then.

kinda what I thought. You have no experience, no data and don't have the slightest fucking idea of what you are talking about.

rant on bitch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Mini-Ys are ok as long as you arent shooting next to one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Mini-Ys are ok as long as you arent shooting next to one.

or shooting prone in the dirt, or shooting in a tight confine, or shooting through a doorway, or...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

- WTF....OVER?

The Mini-Y Comp is one of the best brakes on the market; bottom line it works.  In direct proportion to it's effectivness, is the increase in the back blast, which makes it sound louder to the shooter.  If all you're doing is sitting at a bench popping tin cans, then maybe you should pass on the brake.  But, if you're trying to hit multiple targets with mutiple rounds at speed (read this as IPSC / Tactical Rifle), then the muzzle brakes / comps or a suppressor are the way to go.

Don't hate what you don't understand, it makes you sound like an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That it, Speed?

OK, then.

kinda what I thought. You have no experience, no data and don't have the slightest fucking idea of what you are talking about.

Speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You come unhinged at the mention of a muzzle break??

Do your kids accidentally fall down the stairs alot?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#18]
yes.  and I kick puppies.  I have no experience in competition or in combat shooting.  Ignore everything I say, I'm full of shit.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yes, and I kick puppies.  I have no experience in competition or in combat shooting.  Ignor Ignore everything I say, I'm full of shit.  Carry on.

Fixed for spelling and punctuation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#20]
C'mon dudes- there's only a few members here from CO, can't we all get along??

It's all subjective, some likey..some no likey

--VT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
C'mon dudes- there's only a few members here from CO, can't we all get along??

It's all subjective, some likey..some no likey

--VT

No!  None of you fawkers will go wheeling with me!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:05:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
[Deaf M60 gunner in BHD] ... WHAT ??? [/Deaf M60 gunner in BHD]

IIRC, that was an M240? or whatever the 5.56mm LMG is called...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#23]
M249 SAW

The 240B is the replacement for the M60
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I have to concur with Rabbit9.

The Y-Comp brakes are probably the best at what they do.  Recoil in an AR-15 is pretty mild, but the Y-Comp brakes virtually eliminate it, making highly accurate speed shooting very, very simple.  Additionally, at night, the brake made cool, huge, star-shaped, Hollyweird-style muzzle flashes.  

But my bottom-line impression is that it really is too damn loud.  After squeezing off a round on a Mini-Y Comp-equipped rifle, you feel nearly the same pressure in your sinuses as you would after touching off a .50 BMG.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well, I put the Mini-Y comp on my AR, and took it out to the range. I like it! It doesn't appear to affect accuracy at all, and it's doing what it's supposed to do. Yeah, it's a little louder, but jeeze, it's a .22! It ain't no battle rifle.

Its a POS and it looks like teh ghey.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a POS and it looks like teh ghey.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just pointing out what prompted my original comment. Above and beyond how obnoxiously loud it is.

<- Already partial deaf from standing underneath firing M 109s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top