Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
free bird
three steps
once bitten twice shy
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Pick three songs that you've heard too many times and would retire from the airwaves if you could.

For me,  it's these:

Freebird
Three Steps
Stairway to Heaven

Or the Wierd Al version,  "Three Steps up the Stairway to Freebird".

What songs would you eliminate from the radio if you could?

My runner-up would be "Achy breaky heart"...what a load of crap!

CJ

They still play that on the radio???
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

I concede the rest of my votes if you'll shitcan that one!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
freebird
sweet home alabama

and, just about every fukin' crap-ola song that the classic rock stations play. seriously, I've been to about half of the states in the Country and every classic rock station plays the same 3 songs buy the same 20 bands. the same songs by ac/dc, queen, reo, styx, doors, who, stones, van halen, boston, et al. you name the band, name the song, and they've been played to fukin' death over the past 20 years.

one of the things I really miss from the late 70s is the album cut FM stations, they used to play shit no self-respecting AM/FM top 40 station would ever play. I know, because I used to be one of those djs. I remember playing album cuts OF MY OWN CHOICE or something a listener requested.

(now where did I put that damn way back machine?)

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You cant always get what you want-stones
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Anything Maroon5.  Bunch of no-talent assclowns.

Avril Lavinge can go away forever too.........if she wants to pose for playboy, that would be okay with me.  No more singing though.

Anything Ashlee Simpson.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
While decent songs, they are grossly overplayed...

Bless the Broken Road
Miss Me Baby
She Let Herself Go
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Turn the Page.

And the remake of Turn the Page.

Did I mention:

Turn the PAge?

efxguy
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Whole Lotta Love

Communication Breakdown

Back in Black
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Anything by AC/DC
Stairway to Heaven
Freebird
Born to Run
Sorry Ted, Cat Scratch Fever
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#12]
You can't always get what you want - the Stones Song is relatively mediocre but I don't want to hear it 1/10th as much as I do now.
Imagine - John Lennon Music is OK, but the lyrics are highly subversive and the song should not be alowed to be played on any major radio station.
Crocidile rock - Elton John Utter crap.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Drops of Jupiter    or whatever that song by Train is,

The Zepplin song that Cadillac has trashed by now,

and Born to Run by Bruuuuuce.

Burn, Rinse, Repeat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#15]
"All the Young Dudes"(?)
"Whiter Shade of Pale"
ANYTHING by the Grateful Dead
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Punk Rock Girl

BItchin' Camaro

Why does it hurt when I  pee?

Retire these three songs in that  order...please.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Steely Dan -- Deacon Blues.  This song came on my alarm clock and woke me up.  I've had a hate-on for it ever since.

John Waite -- Missing You.  I haven't heard this song in a while.  That's a good thing.

any Smashing Pumpkins song.  The dude's voice is so damned wussy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Anything from Nirvana.

Anything from Green Day.

Allow me to diagram out my utter dislike for those two groups:

If a Green Day song came on station A, and a Nirvana song came on station B, I'd leave on Nirvana.

Why?

Because the fucker's dead and won't be making any more music. That's enough to get me through the song.

Coming up 3rd would be either Foo Fighters or Nickleback. All their songs sound the same; they just change some adverbs.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
freebird
sweet home alabama

and, just about every fukin' crap-ola song that the classic rock stations play. seriously, I've been to about half of the states in the Country and every classic rock station plays the same 3 songs buy the same 20 bands. the same songs by ac/dc, queen, reo, styx, doors, who, stones, van halen, boston, et al. you name the band, name the song, and they've been played to fukin' death over the past 20 years.

one of the things I really miss from the late 70s is the album cut FM stations, they used to play shit no self-respecting AM/FM top 40 station would ever play. I know, because I used to be one of those djs. I remember playing album cuts OF MY OWN CHOICE or something a listener requested.

www.toonopedia.com/peabody.jpg

I wonder how difficult it would be to start my own internet radio station, I could play what I want or people could e-mail me and I could find the song for them if I didn't have it...

Edit-to answer your question: I am FUCKING SICK of Gwen freaking Stefani, what a whiny little no talent scum.  Good Lord STFU already.

Coldplay gets honorable mention, there's a lot of "new" stuff out there that is just vomit-inducing.  

I love a little bit of everything, but also love the 60's, 70's, that's good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Anything from Nirvana.

Anything from Green Day.

Allow me to diagram out my utter dislike for those two groups:

If a Green Day song came on station A, and a Nirvana song came on station B, I'd leave on Nirvana.

Why?

Because the fucker's dead and won't be making any more music. That's enough to get me through the song.

Coming up 3rd would be either Foo Fighters or Nickleback. All their songs sound the same; they just change some adverbs.

Nickleback is teh ghey.  Green day, meh, they're just okay, I think they're marginal at best.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I feel fortunate because I don't listen to the radio too much, 'cause I've heard it all before.  I can basically be in the car all day and not reach for the radio knob.  I once drove across the country and had the radio on for maybe a total of two hours.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Bell Bottom Blues - Eric Clapton
Right Now - Van Hagar
Mr. Saturday Night Special - Lynard Skynard

Honorable mention-

Party like it's 1999 - Prince
Back in Black - AC/DC
Whole lotta love - Led Zepplin
Just about everything by Aerosmith
You can't always get what you want - Rolling Stones

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Whatever that stupid Styx song is about the wanted man or outlaw man or whatever.

You bite your tounge boy!

Dear mama I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law. Hang man is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long...

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Taking care of business.

Old Time Rock and Roll.

Whatever that stupid Styx song is about the wanted man or outlaw man or whatever.

I could also never again hear Bohemian Rhapsody without any complaint.

You mean "Renegade" by Styx right?

As lonng as we're talking about Styx, they played my mom's prom when they were known as TW-4.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#25]
According to the g/f:

"Anything by Dave Matthews Band, that 'Groove is in the Heart' song and anything from the movie Grease"

I know there are a ton of tunes I dis-like, but of course I cannot think of any at this time...
will get back on this one..

--VT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#26]
1.avenged sevenfold ~ bat country
2.avenged sevenfold ~ bat country
3.avenged sevenfold ~ bat country

what a shitty song
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmmm - so many to choose from..

How bout:
Children of the Sun - Billy Thorpe? ( i think) they play that shit to death!
Anything by Def Leppard
Copperhead Road
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
freebird
sweet home alabama

This is because they're probably all ClearChannel stations. You know, the company that owns 60+% of the stations in the US, and uses basically the same playlists for all of them. Radio basically sucks. I don't listen to it at all...mp3 player all the way baby.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Aqualung
Aqualung
Aqualung
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Rock and Roll  by Led Zepplin
Stairway to Heaven
Freebird by Skynnard...

oh, hell, let's just gut the entire 200 song playlist...we all know it by friggin heart.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#31]
What is this radio thing of which you speak?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Classic Rock radio is in serious need of revamping, nation-wide. I was born in 1979, and I know every song by heart. There's something basically wrong with that. There's alot of great stuff that NEVER gets played. Still, if I have to restrict my list to a mere three, here it goes:

1. BTO - Taking Care of Business
2. George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
3. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

My expanded list would include most of the playlists used by Classic Rock stations today. It's not that I don't like the songs, I'm just tired of hearing the same stuff OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Starting your own station is easier than you could imagine.... vist Live365.com and check it out. I've been running WCTR Radio.com for about two years and it is fun.

Quoted:

Quoted:
freebird
sweet home alabama

I wonder how difficult it would be to start my own internet radio station, I could play what I want or people could e-mail me and I could find the song for them if I didn't have it...

Edit-to answer your question: I am FUCKING SICK of Gwen freaking Stefani, what a whiny little no talent scum.  Good Lord STFU already.

Coldplay gets honorable mention, there's a lot of "new" stuff out there that is just vomit-inducing.  

I love a little bit of everything, but also love the 60's, 70's, that's good stuff.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1 Amen Brother

I had a girlfriend one time that loved that song and played it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.......etc.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Start it Up  ( you know they'll play it at the Super Bowl halftime show)

Let it Be

Anything with a drum machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Lala (pretty much anything from Clapton with the exception of The Travelling Wilberrys)
Anything from Bob Segar
Anything from Steve Miller, Led Zepplin. ZZ Topp
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#37]
1 - Metallica,   Master of Puppets  (The entire album)
2 - Rolling Stones,    Satisfaction
3 - Guns n Roses,  Welcome to the Jungle  & Paradise City (tied)

All good tunes, but the radio stations play them in an endless loop of insanity.  Give em a rest.  (Metallica has recorded maybe 1000 songs, but they only play the same 10 on the radio over and over again)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#38]
All Pink Floyd
All Metallica
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Mr. Brightside
My Hump
Anything by Green Day
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Radar Love.  

I don't know what it is about the radio stations around here, but I hear that song all the time.  I could probably wait another 10 years and still not care to hear it again.

BBURN
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Radar Love.  

Oh I forgot about that one, I have an intense hatred of that piece of shit song, undoubtably one of the worst on the 200song playlist. Horrible.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I like that song.

Me by the dashboard lights.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#43]
For country songs I would have to say:

ANYTHING ever sung by Shania Twain.  Can she PLEASE go back to CANADA now???

Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks.  GOD that song was overplayed by the second day it was on the air...  ugh...

Anything by Tim McGraw since Indian Outlaw...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#44]
1. Anything by RUSH.

2. Anything by RUSH.

3. Anything by RUSH.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Anything by The Kinks, especially Lola.
Freebird
anything by Pink Floyd
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#47]
look at this photograph !! FUCK i hate that song

and anything by TOXIC BOY , SUCKS !!~
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Three Steps
She drives me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
Hotel California

Runner-up:
Working for the Weekend - Loverboy
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#49]
fucking..the reason - hoobastank
that song makes me want to swallow a bullet.

that song by green day that they started playing after american idiot, the ballad sounding one

I can't think of a third right now

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Material Girl

...I'll think of more.

HH
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top