Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 7:01:00 PM EDT
After a 5 year break from my assault rifle addiction,I'm back and I have some catching up to do.What models of M16s are currently in use by the IDF,links or pics would be appreciated.This seems like a good site,if you've got room for one more, I'll set up camp here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't answer your questions, but welcome...

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Aviator
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a link for you JOHNO.

http://www.isayeret.com/

[uzi]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome, by the way would you happen to know where I can get a bumper sticker that reads 'with freedom comes sacrifice' ? [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.isayeret.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:00:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the link Guys,I had it bookmarked once and lost all my files in a failed upgrade.But thats the one I was looking for.Satcong,I've had to sacrifice my guns more than once to get myself out of trouble,this time it happened in a divorce.I figured I could always re-build my collection when things leveled out.Now everything is good,going to every gun show that comes up and will probably start shooting in IPSC and Combat courses again.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
A bit off the topic, but I ran into and IDF soldier on vacation in Texas (?!?) and he said that there was a mandatory five years in prison for any IDF soldier who ever lost his rifle (they're trying to keep the Palistinians from getting them).  There are virtually no exceptions from this law.  You'd better be almost dead if you do lose your rifle.  Apparently IDF soldiers had been taking their rifles home with them on leave; which is when the vast majority of them are stolen.  They leave them in cars and homes which then get broken into.  But since the enactment of the law they now lose almost none.  He said it's extremely common to see IDF soldiers on leave going to a movie with their girlfriends while carrying their M-16's.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#9]
They currently use various versions of the M16A1, mostly bought from the US or given to them through various military aid programs. That is a little too simple of an explanation, though. Many, if not most of the M16A1s they bought have been rebuilt with various features or reconfigured into Commando-type variants with different barrel lengths and features. The current standard for the units who you see on TV the most is an M16A1 rebarreled with an M4 carbine 1:7 twist barrel, sometimes with M16A2 sights. The IDF is currently in the middle of a huge purchase of straight M4 carbines from Colt, and those should replace all older M16 variants and Galils in service with front line units in the next few years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]
WHat are those things they thread on to the end of the barrel.. look like a silencer but too thin.. tt's about same size as barrel diameter?
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
A bit off the topic, but I ran into and IDF soldier on vacation in Texas (?!?) and he said that there was a mandatory five years in prison for any IDF soldier who ever lost his rifle (they're trying to keep the Palistinians from getting them).  There are virtually no exceptions from this law.  You'd better be almost dead if you do lose your rifle.  Apparently IDF soldiers had been taking their rifles home with them on leave; which is when the vast majority of them are stolen.  They leave them in cars and homes which then get broken into.  But since the enactment of the law they now lose almost none.  He said it's extremely common to see IDF soldiers on leave going to a movie with their girlfriends while carrying their M-16's.
View Quote

Sweet!   It's a good bet that they won't get robbed on the way home from a movie.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
WHat are those things they thread on to the end of the barrel.. look like a silencer but too thin.. tt's about same size as barrel diameter?
View Quote

Its an adapter for firing plastic baton loads, which are used in civil disturbances where deadly force is not an appropriate choice. The plastic baton (often referred to by the press as a "rubber bullet" or "rubber coated bullet") fits onto the adapter. A magazine containing special blank rounds is loaded, and the blanks are used to launch the plastic baton. Next time you see pictures of these, note that the magazine usually has colored tape to distinguish between live and blank rounds at a glance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top