Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:28:53 PM EDT
I spent the afternoon today in San Francisco.  The hostel I am staying in is very close to the Hood, and a certain Element populates this place.  The street corners are absolutely infested with certain people that have been sparing me for change all day.  From time to time, some of them made threatening moves and walked into my path with intent to make contact.

I grew up in Chicago, and this is definitely threatening behavior in my eyes.  I see the shoulder move as being assault, or an attempt to lift my wallet.  It was pretty common where I grew up.  Apparently this behavior is acceptable in San Francisco.

Little do the locals know, I am packing as I walk these streets tonight.  

I was offered a box of 150 syringes for $10 today, if that means anything to you guys.  This is a bad neighborhood.  Why do the SF'ers want to disarm themselves???

I am unable to make sense of this situation.  Why do the voters of SF decide to disarm themselves in the face of aggression?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thrifty is one thing but staying in a "hostel" in the U.S. is fucking cheap and stoopid!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Staying in a hostel could have had to do with the lovely environment you were in put yourself into.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
SFers don't want to disarm themselves.. Liberal hippy pukes want to disarm everyone.

Oh, and welcome to CA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top