Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 4:27:52 PM EDT
games.toast.net/independence

Only 30 questions. Some easy, some not so easy.
Check it out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
link is screwed up
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The link brings me to Microsoft's main page.

Is this a sign?  Is Microsoft now taking over the governent?  Ahh!  Where's my tinfoil?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I got 8,22, 23, 24, 28, 29 and 30 wrong.  Meh, not bad.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
All right except #24
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The Pilgrims came to America "to find religious freedom"? lol

The Pilgrims did not come to find religous freedom, but to establish their own little area of religous intolerance. Religious freedom is why people went to what became Rhode Island and Connecticut.

4 wrong. Messed up that when prohibition was lifted it allowed states to ban importation, which amendment lowered the voting age to 18 (stupid of me to miss), the President that was born in TX, and Adams as the first VP (also stupid of me).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty easy test.  Only missed two.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
All right except #8
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Pilgrims came to America "to find religious freedom"? lol

The Pilgrims did not come to find religous freedom, but to establish their own little area of religous intolerance. Religious freedom is why people went to what became Rhode Island and Connecticut.

That's what we were taught in elementary school.  Besides, they did seek religious freedom -- the freedom to worship their way and persecute anyone who worshipped differently.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's what we were taught in elementary school.  Besides, they did seek religious freedom -- the freedom to worship their way and persecute anyone who worshipped differently.  

Yep. You can really sucker the undergrads in with that one. Hence why I love it.

They're always shocked about it, but it's like, if you don't teach them that the Pilgrims were screaming fanatics opposed to religous freedom, the Salam witch trials don't make any sense. Also it ignores the contribution of RI and CT to what becomes the US.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top