Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:41:20 AM EDT
I used the range top this morning to cook with and then about 30 minutes later none of the range top elements work nor does the oven. The lights on it work and the fans work but none of the elements work. Anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Sounds like one leg of the 240 volt input is open . Try resetting the circuit breaker . If that doesn't work , you'r gonna have to break out a voltmeter and do some troubleshooting .  Could be a dozen different things .
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I agree that it is most likely the circuit breaker, since the problem isn't just with one element, but the whole thing.

-Troy

+1... you are running on one leg only... find out why you lost the second.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Any other outlets / lights acting funny? That would indicate the problem might be between your breaker box and the power company.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Any other outlets / lights acting funny? That would indicate the problem might be between your breaker box and the power company.

It's possible that you lost one leg of your service but that would affect every 240 volt
appliance in the home and a bunch of 120volt stuff as well . Should be pretty obvious if that's the case .
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the wires that goes to the rheostat to one of the burner controls was burned through and the rheostat did look so good. BUT all the places that might have the rheostat and the double crimped connectos are all closed on Sunday. Nothing else in the house has a problem. Thelights and fan on the unit work just not the elements. Well I we will replace the rheostat and some wires tomorrow and see if it works.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Doesn't make sense to me , but then a lot of things affect me that way .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top