Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:25:26 PM EDT
Guys,

I'm trying to type without getting my keyboard full of cosmoline, but I can't find an easy way to get my receiver/barrel out of the stock of my SKS.  Does the bayonet need to be extended?  How do I do this without marring the wood?

Sorry, forgot to mention that the trigger group is removed.  All that is left is the stock and receiver.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
extend the bayonet, and look to the rear of the trigger group, you will see a hook that you must move forward or backward(cant remember off hand) to release the receiver from the trigger group.  this will let you take the action out of the stock.  if the hook doesnt move, flip the safety to the other setting
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
HERE is a link to a great site that has step by step instructions, pics and/or videos of how to strip almost any C&R weapon.

HTH,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Figured it out.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HERE is a link to a great site that has step by step instructions, pics and/or videos of how to strip almost any C&R weapon.

HTH,
Jim

Excellent site!  I got everything about disassembly/cleaning from there before I bought my Yugo.

Can't go wrong, they do a great step-by-step with pics.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Make sure to completely disassemble the bolt and clean it. Some try to get by with boiling it or hosing it down with brake cleaner, but that just isn't good enough.
Cosmoline gets into all the small corners and can cause the firing pin to stick resulting in a slamfire.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Make sure to completely disassemble the bolt and clean it. Some try to get by with boiling it or hosing it down with brake cleaner, but that just isn't good enough.
Cosmoline gets into all the small corners and can cause the firing pin to stick resulting in a slamfire.
Jim

Which will scare the ever living shit out of you when the rifle goes off three inches from you right ear one day .
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Jim

When I took my bolt apart it was just crammed with gummy cosmolene, I was sure glad I took it apart!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top