BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2006 2:47:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
They're all gonna blow themselves up eventually, might as well be now...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]

The European Union - the biggest provider of aid to the Palestinian Authority - said it would work with any Palestinian government which renounced violence.

"We are happy to work with any government if that government is prepared to work by peaceful means," said European External Relations Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner.

This really means that they are willing to capitulate to Hamas if they can make really mean faces first and Hamas promises only to kill a few of them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]

I wonder how bad the stock market is going to tank over this news.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Well there goes the theory that it is only a small minority of the Muslims (at least in Israel) that give the rest a bad name. This was a damn election for crying out loud!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#6]
We need to let the Israelis have their way with them and turn our heads the other way.  It sucks that none of these other countries will man up and do anything about this problem, hence why it continues to be a problem.  I really hope the US doesn't end up having to clean up this mess.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

pali's don't have that kind of significance to world markets.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:46:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Why are you acting like those elections mean anything?  They're a sham.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We need to let the Israelis have their way with them and turn our heads the other way.  It sucks that none of these other countries will man up and do anything about this problem, hence why it continues to be a problem.  I really hope the US doesn't end up having to clean up this mess.  

+1    The whole situation in the middle east was going to come to a head sooner or later, this will only bring it quicker and force the rest of the world to recognize it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Hamas winning is no shock. Nothing that goes on in militant extremist countries should come as a shock.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:52:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:53:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't think anybody's marveling at the democratic process, just the results.  What do they mean? A series of strikes by Israel on Palestine, making Israel too involved to assist the US with an Iranian operation later this year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:55:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pali's don't have that kind of significance to world markets.

The stock market likes peace. And if Hamas is in control over the Palistinians, and other muslim countries are supporting them, like Iran, I can see a downward turn in the stock market. This election is a lot bigger than you think. Every president since Israel opened has been trying to get a peace accord, without success.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quite the contrary! They are significant EXACTLY because they were relatively open elections and monitored by outside observers.... the 'man in the street' voted for HAMAS in a free vote...

ANdy

Well the good news is that Israel now has a goverment to target for payback and are no longer just fighting an idea that a "few" militants are engaged in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Well the good news at least the pretending is over. The Palestinians are now lead by people who represent their true desire.  Fatah was willing to deal with Israel in to order to profit from corruption. Hamas (like most Palestinians) wants the destruction of Israel.  No more lies. It will be war or real peace not a phony peace.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:59:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quite the contrary! They are significant EXACTLY because they were relatively open elections and monitored by outside observers.... the 'man in the street' voted for HAMAS in a free vote...

ANdy

Well the good news is that Israel now has a goverment to target for payback and are no longer just fighting an idea that a "few" militants are engaged in.

And target they will.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:01:18 AM EDT
[#18]
So does this mean that the Hamas Leaders are still going to have express meetings with Allah via Hellfire missiles.

Time to get the popcorn, marshmellows, and hot dogs ready, Interesting Times we live in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Just means the average Palestine was tired of the corruption and bull the government was giving them, they gave noticed with their vote, no different then here hope it changes for the better and they proceed on cleaning up their shit-hole place on the earth. Allot of U.S monies are being wasted here for what little space it occupies in the whole picture of things going on around the world.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The European Union - the biggest provider of aid to the Palestinian Authority - said it would work with any Palestinian government which renounced violence.

"We are happy to work with any government if that government is prepared to work by peaceful means," said European External Relations Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner.

This really means that they are willing to capitulate to Hamas if they can make really mean faces first and Hamas promises only to kill a few of them.

FUCK EU and Brussels terrorists accomplishes.

For mods: I don't wanna to hide the word before "EU". This word is not meant to express obscenity, but WRATH toward the European "government" of terror accomplishes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:55:48 AM EDT
[#21]
yeah, all muslims are good, give them the oppertunity and they will show you,

looks like they just showed us, we gave them an oppertunity and chose a terrorist group to represent them the way that we pick repubs and dems to represent us.

thanks Condi, for making Isreal(sp)  give back the land as a show of good will, look what it got them,  

untill we learn that your not going to be able to work with these goathumpers , we are not going to get anywhere
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Good.  Now maybe the Palestinians can get the asswhooping they have wanted for so long.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll betcha this little detour isn't on the "Roadmap to peace".
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Democracy was never meant for savages.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I bet that wall the Israelis are building will pay off in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Andy, take a look at the school textbooks thost folks have been learning from for the last 40 years, and you won't be surprised.

The entire country is a death cult.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Exactly.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:17:43 AM EDT
[#28]
well, lets look at things a little;   20+ years od Pali's being indoctrinated with hate for infidels & only option for leadership is the Hamas...
now lets look at USA;  60 years of progresive public school &, media propoganda and what do we have?   Kenedy, fineswine, Hillery, shumer, etc...AND, from observing the postings on AR15, not a few "conservirtives" who have no moral foundation & can't agree on right & wrong...
Who's going to be leading our country next????
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Exactly.  This was the worst move Hamas could make.

Just when things were starting to look up in the Middle East, leave it to the palis to screw it up.  What a suprise.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Hitlery, duhhhhhhhhhh, but this will be done through coruption, and deception.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, I agree this outs the majority of Palis as terrorists, but I'll go ahead and bet that the pols will find some new form of irrational double-speak to justify sitting on their asses.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Clearly identified target.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Actually, I think this is really good news for the peace process and for Israel.

I could be totally wrong, but I think there's a distinct chance that Hamas will now be drawn into a much more legitimate role, and we are seeing the beginning of the transition of Hamas from a bunch of terrorist scum, to a participant in a real political process.  Similar to how the IRA eventually transitioned to a party at the table in Northern Ireland, instead of terrorists who refused to take part in the process.

Also remember that a LOT of Palestinians apparently voted more against Fatah, because they are sick and tired of the extreme corruption and lack of actually getting anything done.

Also keep in mind that Fatah used to be just as much a bunch of terrorists as Hamas is today, and now have at least tried to become a legitimate political force (and failed miserably, because of the culture of corruption, tribalism and cronyism created by leaders like Arafat).

Like I said, I could be totally wrong - but I think there is a real chance that Hamas will take this opportunity to gradually become a real player in the process towards peace.  (Of course they will bluster and use tough language in their domestic language to their contituents, but I think they will be very interested in working peacefully with Israel and the U.S.)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#34]
My only hope here would be that the political power that Hamas holds will basically corrupt and dillute their politics.  With Hamas actually on top now, they have much more to lose than when they were the underdog.  What does a Hamas prime minister really want?  Probably to stay prime minister.  And he might want that more than the destruction of Israel...

What will be more interesting is what effect this will have on Israeli voting, and whether this drives Israelis to a more hardline government.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Iraqis voted in the face of terrorists.  

Palis voted for the terrorists.  

Palis are considered scum to most of the other Arab countries.  There is a reason Egypt and Jordan don't want them.  

This is really a victory for Iran.  Those upstart Persians need to have their teeth kicked in, but quick!

Also, 75% of the people voted for Hamas?  Then the Israelis have every right to sweep them off the map into the ocean.  They are essentially all terrorists or terror sympathizers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Democracy was never meant for savages.

+1000
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I spoke with Palistanian person here in the USA a number of years ago.  The man was quite candid about the USA's govt's definite slant for Isreal and felt really slighted.  I think this vote is meant to be a slap in the face against the USA and Isreal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#38]
I think it is time for the US to take of Israels leash and let em at it, Im sure they'll Git-R-Done
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Bye bye Israel.....

-which is what the Libs wanted, by supporting the palis.

Hope they're happy.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I spoke with Palistanian person here in the USA a number of years ago.  The man was quite candid about the USA's govt's definite slant for Isreal and felt really slighted.  I think this vote is meant to be a slap in the face against the USA and Isreal.

That's great because Israel is going to slap them in the face with a fucking brick.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Actually, I think this is really good news for the peace process and for Israel.

I could be totally wrong, but I think there's a distinct chance that Hamas will now be drawn into a much more legitimate role, and we are seeing the beginning of the transition of Hamas from a bunch of terrorist scum, to a participant in a real political process.  Similar to how the IRA eventually transitioned to a party at the table in Northern Ireland, instead of terrorists who refused to take part in the process.

Also remember that a LOT of Palestinians apparently voted more against Fatah, because they are sick and tired of the extreme corruption and lack of actually getting anything done.

Also keep in mind that Fatah used to be just as much a bunch of terrorists as Hamas is today, and now have at least tried to become a legitimate political force (and failed miserably, because of the culture of corruption, tribalism and cronyism created by leaders like Arafat).

Like I said, I could be totally wrong - but I think there is a real chance that Hamas will take this opportunity to gradually become a real player in the process towards peace.  (Of course they will bluster and use tough language in their domestic language to their contituents, but I think they will be very interested in working peacefully with Israel and the U.S.)

Yup, you are wrong.  

Hammas guy just said they'll not recognize Israel's right to exist, they won't take part in any peace negotiations, and they're going to keep on killin.

Another Hamas official, Mushir al-Masri, warned that Hamas would not hold peace talks with Israel.

"Negotiations with Israel is not on our agenda," he said.

"Recognising Israel is not on the agenda either now."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4649606.stm
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think, unfortunately, that your conclusion is incorrect. I can't recall the IRA ever using suicide bombers or executing women and children. This is a hate-filled movement whose sole raison d'être is the utter eradication of the Jew everywhere, and by being nice (= naive), we have enabled the destruction of Israel to occur all that much more quickly. HAMAS will not rest until Israel has been wiped off the map, by whatever means necessary, including lying to the rest of the world about their intentions, while they work to kill the Israelis.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I think the Professor has hit it spot on.  When the Palestinians where lead by Arafat, a known terrorist, there was no problem with electing him because he personified the Palestinian struggle against the big bad oppressors.  Now that the Fattah party has turned from pushing terrorism to peace, the Palestinians no longer want them - now Hamas is the party that will continue the struggle against Israel even though there really isn't one, just a perceived one.  This is no different than the way Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton work in the US.  People always seem nobler when there is a struggle or a cause and the Palestinians want their cause; otherwise, they actually have to start acting responsibly and be accountable for their actions.  Easier to place blame on the Israeli's than to man up and act responsibly.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Yep, and Fatah raped the people for 20+ years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#45]
they just want to do the work israelis don't want to do
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Slighted?!   He felt SLIGHTED!   Well FUCK HIM.   The Palestinians have from the very roots of their made up nationalism (from jordianian and egyptian outcast roots) voiced an extreme and Naziesque policy of genocide against the "yahoods"  --  That's enough justification for my government to "have a definite slant" in favor of the targets of that genocidal policy.

My support for my government's decision to back a particular horse in this thing goes up every time I read a story about the Israeli's having to peel a bunch of their people off the sides of buildings because of a suicide bomber.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Whatever.........

For all of my 28 years the headlines have read "Turmoil in the Mideast"

Whoopty-fucking dooo

it will be that way FOREVER as it has been that way FOREVER.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Israel giving back Gaza was seen as a victory for Hamas and the methods Hamas employs.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Israel giving back Gaza was seen as a victory for Hamas and the methods Hamas employs.

bingo!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top