Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:04:17 AM EDT
I always see a Mag-7 shotgun for sale on gunbroker for $300. I'm pretty sure it's the same one since the photos and description are always the same.

Has anyone owned or fired one of these? How hard is it to get the 60mm 12-gauge shells? Can it shoot Aguila or whatever they're called minishells? I'm thinking if I can get some ammo for it I can SBR it, put on a folding stock, etc., but if won't take the minishells and it's nearly impossible to find the proprietary ammo for it, then it's not worth buying in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What, no one?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I always see a Mag-7 shotgun for sale on gunbroker for $300. I'm pretty sure it's the same one since the photos and description are always the same.

Has anyone owned or fired one of these? How hard is it to get the 60mm 12-gauge shells? Can it shoot Aguila or whatever they're called minishells? I'm thinking if I can get some ammo for it I can SBR it, put on a folding stock, etc., but if won't take the minishells and it's nearly impossible to find the proprietary ammo for it, then it's not worth buying in the first place.

I had one way before sog started selling them for 250. Its next to impossible to find factory ammo, you can use those aguila mini shells but their a little too short & if you try to get more then 3 of them in the 5 round mag they pop out. Im sure somone could wecsogs the mag  to work reliably with 5 rounds if they realy wanted to.

On mine I replaced the factory wood stock with a ar15 tele stock which made it way way more comfortable to shoulder & I put a picatinny rail on the top cover. The factory stock puts it at a really awkward angle.

I regret getting rid of it & more then likely will get another one some day just because it was a fun gun to plink with & it looked cool with a red dot and the tele stock on it
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot one once and was underwhelmed.  I didn't think it handled well, and finding the right ammo is near impossible.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I figure getting it SBR'd and adding the folding stock (you know, the way God intended it and the way every other country gets to have it) would improve it by quite a bit.

Then I'll never have to choose between a handgun or shotgun if someone breaks into my house, because in true ARFCOM fashion I'll have both!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top