Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 7:57:07 AM EDT
OK, this isn't exactly wargaming, but I am a dad and have 2 boys, 6 and 3. The 6 year old loves gameboy adavanced, but can't read sentences, so things like Pokemon sapphire drive he and I crazy, since he has to come ask me to read everything they say. His little brother thinks its cool, but really can't play the ones his brother has.

1) where can I find out about this stuff without going crazy?

2) where can I buy games cheap?

3) HELP!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#1]
he cant read sentences?  maybe you should buy him some books instead
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
There are manuals and cheats available from Game Stop or you can get the same stuff cheap on
Amazon.com

My 1st grader is a reading machine. he's reading at 3rd + grade level. I limit his video gaming to
30 minutes per day. I buy him the "Nintendo Official Game Guides" for all of his games and I let him
read those for the same amount of time that he reads other books. In other words, if he reads 1 hour
of Junie B Jones or other childrens books then I let him read the Nintedo book for an hour.

This seems to get him very excited about reading. I'm thrilled, because I've had dyslexia all my life
which makes read tough for me at times. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The gaming store at the local shopping mall (I think it's called Electronic Boutique or something) has a huge drawer behind the counter (you have to ask) full of used, traded-in Game Boy games for cheap.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
never buy game guides
Google will find stuff that as detailed or more detailed and free
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top