[#1]

Quoted:
I feel bad for these guys.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5798950665461262836&q=IPSC

Me too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
That is so sad.

Was that an airsoft Barret .50BMG I saw!??
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That is so sad.

I think it was!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, if you had a couple of guys with pony tails doing karate moves on each other in the parking lot, it would be just like an IPSC match over here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#5]

must be japans' SOGs...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Uh.  That was Chinese.

Even if you couldn't tell the writing was Chinese (you guys can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese kanji?  Come on...), the words "Hong Kong Shooting Development Union" at the end should have given you a big clue.

Japanese and Chinese kanji symbols are VERY different, even to a layman.  I'm white and I don't speak or read Chinese or Japanese, but it's clear as day that the kanji was Chinese and not Japanese.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I dunno.  Kindof looks fun to me.  Not as fun as stuff that really god bangs, sure, but it still looks fun.

But then...the title under my name used to say 'Airsoft Apologist'.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Uh.  That was Chinese.

Even if you couldn't tell the writing was Chinese (you guys can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese kanji?  Come on...), the words "Hong Kong Shooting Development Union" at the end should have given you a big clue.

Japanese and Chinese kanji symbols are VERY different, even to a layman.  I'm white and I don't speak or read Chinese or Japanese, but it's clear as day that the kanji was Chinese and not Japanese.

I read/speak Chinese.  According to the intro, that video was shot in Taipei, Taiwan.  And it was an "International Invitational Tournament," which would explain the Hong Kong part at the end.

Anyway, about those guys.  Work with what you got, I guess.

Brian/Gao
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:33:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Those mini-poppers looked pretty damned close to me.
Kinda looks like fun. I wouldn't mind trying it, but maybe with a .22.

A buddy of mine was in Japan in the late '90s for a couple years. He said he made friends with a few local (Japanese) guys, and a couple were into this sort of thing. He told me one guy paid more for a years membership in an airsoft club (that did skirmishes and ISPC shoots) than he paid for food for a year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That is so sad.

Well, I think as a sport, air soft is just as valid as .177 pellet rifles, or paint ball.

What I find sad is that a decent airsoft handgun runs as much, if not more in some cases, as it's real life counterpart. It's sad that anyone would pay $500 for a decked out "toy" gun.

Pellet/bb, paintball, airsoft, these are all things that seem fun to me, like lazer-tag. Also all are good to teach safety and responsibility to kids. All make for good hobbies, I'd rather partake in any of these, before remote control cars or some such.

It comes down to price. I'd rather buy two SKS rifles in good condition, than one Airsoft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top