Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is that Iwo jima?  i read somewhere that itwas propaganda....That it took place on a differnt hill.  Im not trying to trash this thread....I read the same thing about the "charge up San Juan Hill" was a different hill with less 'appeal' .  I dunno.....why should I keep reading.....

The "odd" thing about the photo is hardly scandalous. IIRC, that's a photo of the second flag-raising on Suribachi. I think the first flag was replaced with a larger one (the one in the photo) later in the day. Nothing phony about it, AFAIK.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I told this to my father and he had something similar happen...

He is a retired Navy pilot and someone asked if he was "There" when they dropped the bomb on Hiroshima...

If any of you hasve been here long enough to remember the time I took the SEC to the mall, a kid there asked me how I lost my eyesight and I told him I was an OSS operative keeping an eye on a shipyard in Hiroshima and had been caught and taken prisoner and sentenced to be shot. I lost my eyesight by looking at the blast out of my call window, and I would have been shot as a spy if the French hadn't invaded Honshu and sprung me. I'm 54. Do the math.

Hook, Line and Sinker.

(Besides, everyone here knows that's bullshit. I really charged up San Juan Hill with Colonel Roosevelt.)

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
YOU ARE SO RIGHT.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He is a retired Navy pilot and someone asked if he was "There" when they dropped the bomb on Hiroshima...

Weren't there US POWs in Hiroshima or Nagasaki?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is that Iwo jima?  i read somewhere that itwas propaganda....That it took place on a differnt hill.  Im not trying to trash this thread....I read the same thing about the "charge up San Juan Hill" was a different hill with less 'appeal' .  I dunno.....why should I keep reading.....

Are you confusing Bunker Hill with Breed's Hill? That, unlike Iwo, was in the Revolutionary War.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If any of you hasve been here long enough to remember the time I took the SEC to the mall, a kid there asked me how I lost my eyesight and I told him I was an OSS operative keeping an eye on a shipyard in Hiroshima and had been caught and taken prisoner and sentenced to be shot. I lost my eyesight by looking at the blast out of my call window, and I would have been shot as a spy if the French hadn't invaded Honshu and sprung me. I'm 54. Do the math.

Hook, Line and Sinker.

(Besides, everyone here knows that's bullshit. I really charged up San Juan Hill with Colonel Roosevelt.)

I do remember that, pic, and laughed my ass off at it, as at all the wonderful SEC stories. Going to WalMart, going to pay your electric bill, voting day, etc. You've gotta publish them, not on the 'Net, but in a book!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I got lots of pictures from the Revolutionary war, or at least I used to have them until some guys dragged me to see some doctor who gave me some pills and said I was all better now. I haven't seen them since.

It must be Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
My fiancee didnt know there was a Cold War

I teach her all the time about history.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well I can tell you what they were teaching when I was in high school, that and I shit you not President Rosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor, and it was a consperacy to get us into the war, this was not just the rantings of the teacher who believed it whole hartedly but it's WHAT WAS IN THE TEXTBOOK!!!!,

Actually, pursuant to many recent FOIA requests for declassified intel decrypts, that's most likely the true case. Some of what's in history books WILL change as we get more and more hindsight and lost or hidden truths are revealed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]

You've been listening to the revisionists this claim is that the President knowingly let more than 2,000 sailers die, and the Pacific fleet be temporarily crippled, it's no more credible than the claims that Bush knew about 9/11, and like those claims these are comeing stricly from the Left, the goal of the left is to discredit, and demonise America anyway that they can bear that in mind, also if they can discredit Pearl Harbor then it will be simpler for them to vilify us for Hiroshima, and Nagasaki....  I'll concede that there may have been, infact there were intelegence failures, just as there were intelegence failures in the years precedeing 9/11 but theres no evidence of any consperacy, just alot of wishful thinking and ASSumptions on the part of the left....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Fuck, Shooter, I feel your pain man. I am surrounded by idiots who don't have the patriotic backbone to even sit straight.
Pathetic to say the least.

Actually, I'd say they don't have the self-respect to sit straight. It's hard to put lot in your country and its principles when you don't even have principles of your own to put lot in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone here knows that picture is from the Revolutionary War...

Did you slap them upside the head?

Nope, it's against school policy to strangle someone...

Apparently, so is educating them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am surrounded by MORONS!

What did you expect in AR15.com GD?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:20:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My fiancee didnt know there was a Cold War

I teach her all the time about history.

If you want a really look ask someone what was signifigant about Operation Dominic I.

*hint Cold War era test of a Polaris I
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It isnt?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#16]
IGNORANCE

Doesn't make them morons, just IGNORANT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, it's against school policy to strangle someone...

Apparently, so is educating them.

do you have any idea how hard it is to wipe spewed Toaster Strudel off a computer screen?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#18]

charge up San Juan Hill" was a different hill with less 'appeal'

It was actually Kettle hill.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top