Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2006 7:14:57 PM EDT
Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them. That is all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a good thing they dont try that around here.  A lot of forest to be lost in...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Its a good thing they dont try that around here.  A lot of forest to be lost in...

The funeral is across the river in IL. If it was here in KY, he might get lost in the woods and have a unfortunate hunting accident.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
So sad.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#4]
what kind of problem does this fag hating group have against the marines?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Has anyone seen one of the protests?  I can see no reason for thousands of loyal, patriotic Americans who appreciate the sacrifice of the fallen Marine (in this case) and his/her family to not show up and <respectfully> prevent the idiot protesters from getting within a half mile of the service.  

Yes I have. What REALLY pissed me off is the local officials allowed them to put on their show right in front of the funeral home. It would have been very easy to restrict them to an area a block away, but they chickened out.

I said it then and I'll say it again. They will go anywhere. It can happen in your town. If you have any influence with local officials, or know someone who does, this needs to be discussed and plans made beforehand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember when they came to our campus, fucking crazies.

You guys probably remember the thread.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
The Patriot Guard Riders (bikers) will be there. The whackos will go home pissed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Has anyone seen one of the protests?  I can see no reason for thousands of loyal, patriotic Americans who appreciate the sacrifice of the fallen Marine (in this case) and his/her family to not show up and <respectfully> prevent the idiot protesters from getting within a half mile of the service.  

If THIS Marine sees them doing it it what I will do WON'T be ~respectful~.

I have bail money ready.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
This is why they sell CS grenades on the EE.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This is why they sell CS grenades on the EE.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The issue isn't about homosexuality... that's just the vehicle the pukes are using to get publicity.  They are media whores... and the media eagerly reports every event that they attend.

This group protests every Sunday (weather permitting) across the street from my church, simply because my pastor won't preach fag hatred.  My question is, why are these holy folk protesting in front of my church on Sunday morning, instead of attending their own "church"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#16]
If Fred Phelps and company were to assume room temperature tomorrow, I'd sleep just fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them. That is all.

Agreed some people should just die and unfortunately the laws protect them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]
These scumbags were in Evansville In last weekend I think. From what the Indy paper stated (I think that was where I read it) these fucktards have a contingint of lawyers vidio recording everything and willing and have sued for ANY transgressions.   I listend to Gregg Garrison on his talk show out of Indy, he is the one who sent Iron Mike to the big house, and some callers were elaborating about the fact that this is more than a couple wacko snake handler types. From what a couple of witnesses said they were organized and hoping for confrontation.  FWITW there was one caller who said the old man who heads the organization actually has ties to the left and somewhere there are photos of him with algore. ie: a organization to make the right look bad. That part was pure speculation so,,,,  
On the plus side the Indiana legislature is fast laning a law preventing protests in cemetaries like that or at funerals in general. They are hashing out the language I think but Id be suprised if it doesnt pass quickly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

...FWITW there was one caller who said the old man who heads the organization actually has ties to the left and somewhere there are photos of him with algore. ie: a organization to make the right look bad. That part was pure speculation so,,,,

Yep.  http://www.logcabinwa.com/archive/200010251159.shtml

He is a long time Dem insider/organiser/fundraiser/etc. Worked with/for Al Gore Sr. & Jr. Has run for office himself.
There is a lot of info about him on the net. Here is an organized and concise bio.

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Fred_Phelps
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I heard that his entourage includes several lawyers, who are family members, that sue to make the money that these scumbags need to continue protesting.  They have been to Oklahoma several times in the past year to protest at soldier's funeral services.  Without a law preventing, or limiting such protests, there is little if anything that officials can do to stop it due to the 1st amendment and the right to protest on public property.

Oklahoma is also looking at State legislation to limit protests at funerals.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#21]
He is a disbarred lawyer. He pushed his 10 children that direction and several of them are lawyers.

His current activities are difficult to understand without more info. The following is quoted from the above bio.

"In 1997, before the fall of Saddam Hussein during the second Gulf War, Phelps wrote him a letter praising his regime, and received special permission from the Iraqi government to send a group of his children to Baghdad to protest against the American government. Hussein granted permission, and a group of WBC congregants traveled to Iraq to protest against the U.S. The parishoners stood on the streets of Baghdad and in heavily patronized Baghdad establishments holding signs reading:

(edited)

Phelps mourned the fall of Hussein's regime and has consistently criticized the invasion of Iraq, citing, "IRAQ=USA=SODOM" and keeping a toll on his webpage celebrating the death of every American soldier killed and pronouncing loyalty to Iraq."
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
These scumbags were in Evansville In last weekend I think. From what the Indy paper stated (I think that was where I read it) these fucktards have a contingint of lawyers vidio recording everything and willing and have sued for ANY transgressions.

I know protestors piss people off. They sure piss me off.

The thing is, if you and I don't pay them ANY attention... they will get tired of spending money and wasting time and just go away. Its like not feeding the trolls.

Either they go away, or get so angry that people are not looking at them, they'll do something incredibly stupid... leading to their arrest hopefully.

As far as the media goes, thats just par for the course anymore. If people stop watching the news, buying the papers, etc... it'll go away or change too.  

Turn your heads on the bullshit, and vote responsibly, and with your wallets too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
He is a disbarred lawyer. He pushed his 10 children that direction and several of them are lawyers.

His current activities are difficult to understand without more info. The following is quoted from the above bio.

"In 1997, before the fall of Saddam Hussein during the second Gulf War, Phelps wrote him a letter praising his regime, and received special permission from the Iraqi government to send a group of his children to Baghdad to protest against the American government. Hussein granted permission, and a group of WBC congregants traveled to Iraq to protest against the U.S. The parishoners stood on the streets of Baghdad and in heavily patronized Baghdad establishments holding signs reading:

(edited)

Phelps mourned the fall of Hussein's regime and has consistently criticized the invasion of Iraq, citing, "IRAQ=USA=SODOM" and keeping a toll on his webpage celebrating the death of every American soldier killed and pronouncing loyalty to Iraq."

Is this really protected as free speech?
How about giving aid to the enemy?
Is this guy not a traitor? Are his actions not treasonous?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The Patriot Guard Riders (bikers) will be there. The whackos will go home pissed deaf.

there i fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
These scumbags were in Evansville In last weekend I think. From what the Indy paper stated (I think that was where I read it) these fucktards have a contingint of lawyers vidio recording everything and willing and have sued for ANY transgressions.   I listend to Gregg Garrison on his talk show out of Indy, he is the one who sent Iron Mike to the big house, and some callers were elaborating about the fact that this is more than a couple wacko snake handler types. From what a couple of witnesses said they were organized and hoping for confrontation.  FWITW there was one caller who said the old man who heads the organization actually has ties to the left and somewhere there are photos of him with algore. ie: a organization to make the right look bad. That part was pure speculation so,,,,  
On the plus side the Indiana legislature is fast laning a law preventing protests in cemetaries like that or at funerals in general. They are hashing out the language I think but Id be suprised if it doesnt pass quickly.

On Thursday, Jan 19th 2006, the Indiana Legislature passed a bill outlawing protesting within 500 feet of a funeral. Good on em.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#26]
First all of you ILL people need to contact the Chief of Police and let him know that there is going to be a large crowd to peacefully and legally protest these dick wads. That way the Chief will make arrangements for them to only be allowed to protest at a specific spot. The Patriot Guard Riders will do an excellent job that is quite impressive and you all can join in.

Illinois is trying to pass a  law prohibiting this crap you all need to get behind this. A friend of mine named Connie Wesscot who is the vice president of family readiness group for the 333rd MP company in Freeport is very active with politics and the Patriot Guards and they will be there.

Also something interesting is that the Justice Dept. is now investigating this wonderful family for hate crimes.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The Patriot Guard Riders (bikers) will be there. The whackos will go home pissed.

they need to pour oil in their mufflers or something that way the grievers won't have to SEE them or HEAR them.

you know, protesting like this at a military funeral in the south or midwest is basically pissing on the people you're trying to preach to...do these ratfuck scumbags understand that or are they so enamored with seeing their faces in the news their logic is totally beggared???
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

On Thursday, Jan 19th 2006, the Indiana Legislature passed a bill outlawing protesting within 500 feet of a funeral. Good on em.

How you limit them from protesting on public land without making it ok for the government to decide what other special places you can't protest at is hard for me to see.   I concur absolutely with the sentiment, but how to do it is what I wonder.

Could you not just make it fine to protest but without any intrusion into the family's event?  Intrusion being that the family could hear or see you at either venue.  If you can be heard or seen fine them the cost of the funeral they ruined, and move them by force.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Time to invite some Harley's and musclecars to attend the funeral in the Marine's honor.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Article

Protests at all funerals targeted
Bill to shield mourners passes state Senate 47-1

By Mary Beth Schneider
[email protected]
A bill to restrict protests at military funerals for fallen Hoosiers has been expanded to include all burials.

Setting aside concerns about free speech rights, the Indiana Senate on Thursday passed the measure 47-1. The legislation now moves to the House, where it is expected to pass.
Sen. Brent Steele, R-Bedford, sponsored the bill after hearing about a Kansas religious sect that picketed the August funeral of Army Staff Sgt. Jeremy Doyle in Martinsville. The sect hoisted signs with slogans such as "God blew up the troops." Doyle was killed by an improvised explosive device in Iraq.

The group, Westboro Baptist Church, has protested at five other military funerals in Indiana and a total of about 80 military funerals in 30 states, saying that soldiers are dying because of the United States' tolerance for gays.

At the Jan. 10 Evansville funeral of Army Pvt. Jonathan Pfender, killed in December by a roadside bomb in Iraq, members of the church stomped on the American flag and held signs thanking God for the explosives.

The group's invasion of a family's grief is "unconscionable," Steele said.
He amended his bill to cover all funerals after receiving an e-mail arguing that protecting the sanctity of funerals should not be limited to those of soldiers.

The bill makes it a Class D felony, punishable by up to three years in prison and a $10,000 fine, for anyone engaged in disorderly conduct within 500 feet of a grave site, funeral home or funeral procession.

Westboro Baptist officials have said they would challenge the bill should it become law.
Questions have been raised about whether the bill would bar not only those who are disorderly, but anyone who silently protested with a placard.

"I understand there's confusion on the bill. If there is, we'll correct it in the House," Steele told reporters moments after the Senate approved it. "My intent is: you don't come within 500 feet of a grave (to conduct any protest)," Sen. Anita Bowser, D-Michigan City, a retired professor of constitutional law, said the legislation raised freedom of speech concerns for her. "At the same time I know our freedom is not absolute," she said in explaining her "yes" vote. This type of behavior at funerals could incite violence, she said, and is no more protected than yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.

Kansas has adopted a law addressing funeral protests, and other state legislatures are considering similar bills.

Gov. Mitch Daniels has not said whether he would sign the bill if it reaches his desk.
He called the group's behavior horrific but said government must be "very, very careful where genuine free speech rights on matters of public debate and consequence are concerned."
"I think the First Amendment occasionally has been used on behalf of things I don't believe James Madison and the other founders would have understood," Daniels said. "But this speech, however abhorrent, may well be covered by that."

The lone vote Thursday against the bill came from Sen. Billie Breaux, D-Indianapolis.
"A lot of people, I'm sure, objected to (civil rights) protests in the '60s, but it was right and for the right cause. This is for the wrong cause, but who's to make that determination?"
Fran Quigley, executive director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana, said his organization "certainly understands and appreciates the need for families to be able to grieve" without being besieged by protests. But, he said, the size of the buffer zone -- 500 feet, the length of nearly two football fields -- is so large that "it could possibly sweep (away) some folks the legislature isn't intending to affect." Besides, he added, existing statutes on disorderly conduct and criminal trespass already address the issues raised by Steele's legislation. Steele said the possibility that the protests could spark a violent reaction makes it a public-safety issue. "When people are at their most frazzled time emotionally, what little thing would it take for a loved one to tee off and go back there and hurt someone?" he asked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#33]
God hates sin.  Of all kinds.  He hates MY sin, too.

But God proved he loved sinners on the cross.  He shed His blood for them.  He laid down His life for them, and then took it up again.

Jesus is willing to forgive sinners regardless of sexual preference.  And there are a lot more hetero sinners than homosexual ones.

Satan doesn't dress up in a red suit complete with horns and a pitchfork.

He is showing up in pulpits these days.

In this case he is trying to give people who want nothing to do with Jesus Christ a reason to do so.

This godhatesfags group from this "baptist" church has NOTHING to do with true Christianity.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I can't wait for them to come to NY again.

And the one picture that realy makes me hate them the most:

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The issue isn't about homosexuality... that's just the vehicle the pukes are using to get publicity.  They are media whores... and the media eagerly reports every event that they attend.

This group protests every Sunday (weather permitting) across the street from my church, simply because my pastor won't preach fag hatred.  My question is, why are these holy folk protesting in front of my church on Sunday morning, instead of attending their own "church"?

Where in KS is this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#36]
At some point, they're just going to need their asses stomped once and for all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#37]
seriously, why havent these people been killed?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

They have a problem with anyone because America supposedly is too tolerant for "fags" as they put it.

That's why they wanted to protest the funeral of the miners, because they were supposedly killed by God's judgement on America for our tolerance for "fags".

While I am no fan of Brokeback Mountain, these people are f*ckstains.

Personally, I think that when Fred Phelps dies we all ought to show up at his funeral with signs saying how much God hates morons. We ought to wait for these f*ckers to die and then protest THEIR funerals.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it isn't about Jesus or church.

These people are modern day pharisees, proclaiming cleanliness on the outside and yet inside they are full of corruption and pride.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted: seriously, why havent these people been killed?
They aren't on my commuting route.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I would bet that Phelps is a homo. Anyone that is consmued by that much hatred is usually based in self hatred and guilt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I would bet that Phelps is a homo. Anyone that is consmued by that much hatred is usually based in self hatred and guilt.

+1  The biggest gay bashers always seem to wind up in some kind of scandal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

These people are modern day pharisees, proclaiming cleanliness on the outside and yet inside they are full of corruption and pride.

Pharisee???? No, just a Christian of the Baptist persuasion.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Quoted:

jimcabral.home.comcast.net/fredphelps.jpg

How bout you just shut the hell up?

I am sick and tired of hearing you spew tripe like that in every damn thread that shows up about Christianity.

Whatever your problem is, get over it.

These people are no more a Baptist than I am a llama.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Go get em PGR, thats all I've got to say

I hate these fucks.  We had a Marine from AR die last weekend so it looks like I'll possibly on my first mission with the PGR It's a sad thing to have to do but I'm honored to be able to.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
jimcabral.home.comcast.net/fredphelps.jpg

How bout you just shut the hell up?

No.

I am sick and tired of hearing you spew tripe like that in every damn thread that shows up about Christianity.

I could care less.

Whatever your problem is, get over it.

I do not have a problem.

These people are no more a Baptist than I am a llama.

Reverend Phelps is the Pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church, guess that makes you a Llama.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Personally, I think that when Fred Phelps dies we all ought to show up at his funeral with signs saying how much God hates morons. We ought to wait for these f*ckers to die and then protest THEIR funerals.

I hope to be at ol Fred's funeral........to formally welcome him to hell
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How you limit them from protesting on public land without making it ok for the government to decide what other special places you can't protest at is hard for me to see.   I concur absolutely with the sentiment, but how to do it is what I wonder.

Could you not just make it fine to protest but without any intrusion into the family's event?  Intrusion being that the family could hear or see you at either venue.  If you can be heard or seen fine them the cost of the funeral they ruined, and move them by force.....

They set limits on how close a liquor store is to a school, how close a gun is to a school, and other assorted things like that.  They are not telling them they can't protest, they are telling them they can't protest within 500 feet.

Since protestors are kept a certain distance away from gov buildings, why not this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Dusty_C has informed me that the Patriot Gaurd Riders were scheduled to be at the funreal today.

ETA: Just watched the local news report on the funeral. The local sheriff dept. roped off the assholes benhind the church and wouldn't let the media near them to prevent them from getting publicity.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top